The "List the Champiom You Play and Which Tier You Feel They Fit" Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level99RaidBoss

01-13-2010

I've seen a few tier lists and most of the comments just seem to be people flaming the poster for putting the champion they main into a low tier because the person replying feels they "totally pwn guise with zilean". So how about we find out which tier you think your favorite champion falls into. Using this tier list found at http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-3-fairness.html list your favorite champion and which tier you feel they fall into.

Here's the tiers
0) God tier (no character should be in this tier, if they are, you are forced to play them to be competitive)
1) Top tier (don't be afraid to put your favorite characters here. Being top tier does not necessarily mean any nerfs are needed)
2) Middle tier (pretty good, not quite as good as top)
3) Bottom tier (I can still win with them, but it's hard)
4) Garbage tier (no one should be in this. Not reasonable to play this character at all.)

I personally play Annie, I only started playing her at summoner level 28 but after my first 3 games I knew I had found the champ that fits my play style perfectly. She can harass early, is useful in team fights with her stuns and massive burst potential and seems to dominate mid game more than any other character (Except fed Twitch's or Shaco's sadly).

I would play her in Top Tier, she has a relatively strong early game, the best mid game IMO but then as the physical carries catch up loses most of her dominance toward the ends of matches. I would definitely place her in God tier if it wasn't for her end game.

So, who do you play and where to do place them?

EDIT: Typos

Pharmacist

01-13-2010

Gangplank - Mid Tier

I really enjoy playing Gangplank, but if you don't farm well early with well timed Parrrlays and swings of the cutlass then you become somewhat weak. It's no secret he relies heavily on items, but he never becomes "Top Tier" unless you really have a perfect formula for farming to achieve items.

AmyOverlord

01-13-2010

I play a ****load of champions. :x

Rammus - Top Tier. Simply because he's able to massively increase his movement speed for a few seconds using Powerball. Which is a great escaping mechanism, especially coupled with Ghost. His Defensive Curl makes him one of the best tanks in the game. It returns damage to auto-attackers and will reduce damage done to you by a ****load. Makes him one of the best initiators in the game. Then there's Taunt. Which is basically a stun with you taking some damage. Then his ultimate is basically for tower/inhib destroying and/or farming many creeps when there's a mess of them.

Master Yi - Bottom Tier. While he has some of the highest damage output in the game, he is also easily shut down. Due to his very low HP (like 1,900 at 18) and low resistance, a 1 second stun and a FF on him basically will kill him before that stun even finishes. You can also blind him during Highlander. Kills his Wuju, and you force his Highlander to recharge.

Alistar - Top Tier. He's got an AoE stun with a low cooldown. (Which I ****ing HATE going up against). He also has a good knock back with a range. Like Tristana's Buster Shot. Just much less damage. He also has a constant heal. 150 HP every 12 seconds. It also loses 4 seconds when a minion dies. Kill 3 minions for an insta 300 HP. His ultimate makes him VERY resilient to all damage. 75% reduced damage on physical AND magical makes him, pretty much, a god.

Teemo - Middle Tier. While he is one of my favorite characters, he just doesn't fit into top/god tier. His mushrooms allow for immense map control. No limit, 10 minute duration, 20 second cooldown. Their effect, when stepped on by an enemy, is just godlike. He also has increased movement speed from Move Quick, a passive poison (36 per tick at level 5, before Magic Resistance), and a blind. But all that aside, he is incredibly squishy. He's dead pretty much against all casters. His defensive capabilities are extremely situational. Blinding Dart is only damage against casters. Effect doesn't help. His mushrooms are nearly obsolete. Since casters are meant to burst you down outside of melee range. Move Quick also applies to the same thing. It's pointless if you die before you can run. It also turns off when hit. :|

Tryndamere - Middle Tier. He's able to withstand a buttload of damage and tower dive like no other with his ultimate. Since he's crit based, Bloodlust makes him do more damage and makes his crits hit harder. Also is a self heal (for 400 HP) at Lv5 with 8 stacks. He's got Mocking Shout for a slow and to reduce physical damage on nearby champions. Spinning Slash for really easy escaping. Then his ultimate. Thing that makes him so vulnerable is that, without tanking items like Warmog's/Atmas/etc., he can't take damage for ****. If he's stunned and unable to use his ultimate, he is a very easy target. Not to mention any sort of slow screws him over. Simply because of the fact that he's meant to ultimate to avoid death, kill a person or 3, and then run, Spinning Slash, and Bloodlust before his ultimate finishes.

That's all I feel like doing for now. X: Felt like explaining myself.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-13-2010

God Tier - Twitch (Tho i haven't tried him since the nerf) but otherwise when i see the opposing team has one and we don't i tend to think fml.

Top Tier - Nunu and Gangplank, my 2 favourites both great imo. Nunu, pure AP he is lethal when you can learn to avoid stuns etc.

Gangplank, Parley can become very useful and his Ulti can help anyone, anywhere on the map or finish fleeing champs off from anywhere.

Both rely on good item sets but that could be said of any champ?

Mpalm

01-13-2010

Mundo... he's in the Mundo tier, because he goes where he pleases.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post

Teemo - Middle Tier. While he is one of my favorite characters, he just doesn't fit into top/god tier. His mushrooms allow for immense map control. No limit, 10 minute duration, 20 second cooldown.

Shrooms are limited to 15 aren't they? But thats a very high limit!

SilvoK

01-13-2010

Ryze - Top Tier
He's heavy damage and with ability bonuses he can easily take out just about any hero with ease.

Ashe - Mid Tier
Really good for new players, and can be very useful for experienced players, all around good for both magic and physical, with the always good range.

Master Yi - Top Tier
He's able to take out a tower in something like 22 hits at level 6-8. His ult coolsdown on a champ kill, and he's all kindsa damage+ Lifesteal ohhh man. You almost need to stun him to take him out... I have seen some bad MasterYi though, so it isn't god tier but yeah not someone to mess with if you have any idea where those lifesteal and crit items are.

Gangplank - Middle Tier
He's right in the middle, a good Ultimate, that helps the entire team, and he's a toned down master Yi for the rest of it.

Heirmdinger(sp?) - Mid tier
A good heirm can bring your game back from the brink, and fortify your def, but their usually disabled really easily by an AoE attacking unit.

Morgana - Bot Tier
She's a good hero to use, but she's not a damager, so it takes a lot to get through an enemy champion, or even to mob kill at a high rate. But she makes an excellent team mate. All the same she's good to use, but i'm not going to spend 3000ip on her.

Zilean - Bot Tier
Once again, good support but not damage, or a minion killer, he's their to speed allies up, slow enemies down, and bring people and himself back to life. You can get his rewind down to an almost instant cooldown, and then use it three-four times and his ults back up if you have enough cooldown.

AmyOverlord

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
God Tier - Twitch (Tho i haven't tried him since the nerf) but otherwise when i see the opposing team has one and we don't i tend to think fml.

Top Tier - Nunu and Gangplank, my 2 favourites both great imo. Nunu, pure AP he is lethal when you can learn to avoid stuns etc.

Gangplank, Parley can become very useful and his Ulti can help anyone, anywhere on the map or finish fleeing champs off from anywhere.

Both rely on good item sets but that could be said of any champ?
Twitch is not God Tier. Lol. Any sort of stun or blind kills him in 0.75 seconds.

Agreed on Nunu and BrokenPlank, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Mundo... he's in the Mundo tier, because he goes where he pleases.
I want to punch your teeth to the back of your throat for saying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Shrooms are limited to 15 aren't they? But thats a very high limit!
Actually, it's 30. That's if you laid a mushroom down as soon as it was off of cooldown. 20 second cooldown. 3 mushrooms a minute. 10 minute duration. 3 x 10 = 30. o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvoK View Post
Ryze - Top Tier
He's heavy damage and with ability bonuses he can easily take out just about any hero with ease.
I highly disagree with this. Sure, he can decimate someone easily if he gets the AP. Otherwise, he can't do ****. He's also very gankable. The only defense he has is Rune Prison. This will only save him against one person.
Ashe - Mid Tier
Really good for new players, and can be very useful for experienced players, all around good for both magic and physical, with the always good range.

Master Yi - Top Tier
He's able to take out a tower in something like 22 hits at level 6-8. His ult coolsdown on a champ kill, and he's all kindsa damage+ Lifesteal ohhh man. You almost need to stun him to take him out... I have seen some bad MasterYi though, so it isn't god tier but yeah not someone to mess with if you have any idea where those lifesteal and crit items are.
I highly disagree here. He needs a good, or great, early game in order to be effective. If ANYONE out-farms him in the early game, he won't get any kills, or hardly any, thus, he can't farm those items he desperately needs to kill 3 people in 2 seconds. See the Master Yi portion of my post as to why.
Gangplank - Middle Tier
He's right in the middle, a good Ultimate, that helps the entire team, and he's a toned down master Yi for the rest of it.

Heimerdinger(sp?) - Mid tier
A good heirm can bring your game back from the brink, and fortify your def, but their usually disabled really easily by an AoE attacking unit.
Agreed here. His only real potential is a very short stun from his Flash Bomb, which blinds also. His rockets can do considerable damage early-game to mid-game. But that's all he has.
Morgana - Bot Tier
She's a good hero to use, but she's not a damager, so it takes a lot to get through an enemy champion, or even to mob kill at a high rate. But she makes an excellent team mate. All the same she's good to use, but i'm not going to spend 3000ip on her.
I want to kill you for saying this. You obviously haven't used Morgana. Or not have used her much. You also, more than likely, used her as a support rather than damage. She scales greatly with AP. The amount of damage she can do with Dark Bind + Tormented Soil + Soul Shackle is godly. Not to mention SS can stun. The 2.5 immobility duration on Dark Bind also just says "FREE KILL HERE" in a team fight.
Zilean - Bot Tier
Once again, good support but not damage, or a minion killer, he's their to speed allies up, slow enemies down, and bring people and himself back to life. You can get his rewind down to an almost instant cooldown, and then use it three-four times and his ults back up if you have enough cooldown.
So, he's bottom tier for being able to immensely slow enemies, speed up allies and usually prevent their death, or allow a melee carry to chase more than he would normally be able to? Chronoshift is also godlike, simply because it's a spammable Guardian Angel. Time Bomb can do some damage, even without AP. Time Bomb + Rewind + Time Bomb = easy 700-900 damage in 3 seconds.
Yes, I am very bored. .-.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
Twitch is not God Tier. Lol. Any sort of stun or blind kills him in 0.75 seconds.

Actually, it's 30. That's if you laid a mushroom down as soon as it was off of cooldown. 20 second cooldown. 3 mushrooms a minute. 10 minute duration. 3 x 10 = 30. o.o
A good twitch should have Cleanse tho... It's one of those cases tho, it depends :P

I thought the game limited Teemo to 15 shrooms only?

AmyOverlord

01-13-2010

^I never see a Twitch with Cleanse. And I've fought over 20 different Twitch users.

As for the mushrooms, no. I've planted more than 15 many times.