[[GUIDE!!!]] Nasus, Single Hit Craziness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I played Nasus like this before Siphoning got buffed yesterday, but now that it has been I figured I'd post my build.

Take teleport and ghost. Start the game laning with a champ who doesn't care about farming but can harass enemy champs well. Pick up a mana crystal and 2 health pots, and head out to lane (No bush gank)

Get siphoning levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.
Get Spirit fire levels 2, 8, 10, 12, 13.
Get ult at ult levels, and get wither at 4 then at the end.
(whether I focus SF or Wither second depends on the game, usually.)

Now you're in the lane, and you don't give a **** about the enemy characters if your harasser is doing his job. DO NOT attack enemy champions with siphoning unless you're sure you can kill them. DO NOT attack minions unless you can kill them with siphoning strike, and kill minions with siphoning strike every single time it's off CD. Play a practice game or 2 first so you know when you can hit them for the kill. As soon as you have enough money to buy sheen, do so and teleport back out. Siphoning strike farm like crazy. Don't worry about spirit fire, that's not for the laning phase unless you're pushing your minions into the tower while they're dead.

Here's my build, since it's probably the whole reason you're reading this anyway:

Mana Crystal + 2 pots
Sheen (FARM)
Mercury's
Warmogs (FARM)
Atma's
Force of Nature OR Sunfire Cape (with Sunfire Cape you may have too much health (4500 with ult), but whatever, it works)
Infinity Edge (Crazy siphoning strike crits, though I almost never make it this far)
At this point finish trinity

Anyways, try to farm as much as humanly possible with siphoning strike throughout the entire game. Steal dragon kills, wraith kills, wolf kills, minion kills with it (and turret kills and hero kills if you're a jerk). Don't use Spirit fire unless you're 1: Jungling, 2: Teamfighting, 3: In a hurry and want to finish farming the wave. Building siphoning strike is much more important.

In teamfights, throw your spirit fire under their team, wither their carry, pop your ult, and siphoning strike their carry. Kill their carry (fed Kog? No problem). Then focus whoever is going to die next. Once you have Warmog's, you shouldn't die. You are one of the most awesome teamfight characters in the game, as you can singlehandedly tank their entire team while you eat their carry and your team eats them.

I'll end the build by saying, quite simply, that Nasus is an extremely fun character and so I keep coming back to him.

Oh, and btw, sorry about the obnoxiousness of the title :P

Superdadd

01-19-2011

Biggest two problems with Nasus still exist:

1) Merc Treads completely counter wither, since the slow is mostly back-ended, and that part is cut short by someone wearing merc treads.

2) Pop Ult, queue up a Q, oh wait, I'm slowed/stuned/kited? He's completely useless when kited - even moreso than Trynd.

He just can put out some burst again though. The buff was something at least.

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdadd View Post
2) Pop Ult, queue up a Q, oh wait, I'm slowed/stuned/kited? He's completely useless when kited - even moreso than Trynd.
Trynd doesn't do 5% of the health of those around him every second and reduce the enemy team's armor by 40 OR, for that matter, disable the enemy carry.

Kycco

01-19-2011

Obviously your not using him as you should. He also should use spirit fire to weaken the minions and then SS it. Spirit Fire can also gather minions to push the turrets (which can actually turn the game around). Frankly I think this build requires no skill and sometimes fails to often. I havent tried but the way you build him being a farmer and all can get easily be push back by harrassers. And Superddad is right when he is debuffed, he fails. Try to use a build that requires skill and a hint of strategy.

Best Regards, Kycco

Burdennn

01-19-2011

Higher damage SS =/= Winning a game.

I just used Nasus, my SS was only 100+ extra damage, enemy Nasus SS had 300+ extra damage.

I still won. Through teamwork. And me having better survivability.

And spirit fire is still awesome at clearing minions early game. I rather have lots of gold to buy good items than an extra 200 damage on my SS.

CroakerX

01-20-2011

I find that I am actually able to farm better by prioritizing SS and getting a sheen first than by prioritizing SF and getting Chalice first.

Also, this build is flexible and has great survivability. The only time I died in my game earlier today was when I (foolishly) tried to solo a turret and was ganked by their entire team. Otherwise, I was able to farm for the first 25 minutes, and I ended the game with more siphoning strike kills than any other player had minion kills. It was awesome, and I was able to finish my posted build (and by the end of the game I was 2-hitting ez and caitlin).

If their nasus was a much better farmer than you but still got owned, either your team must have been good or you must have had a far superior item build.

Strategy is farming as long as humanly possible, pushing towers like a beast, and occupying their team in teamfights. Since I get Mercury Treads for boots, I have little problem with debuffs. And if this build "fails too often," as you say, I must be doing something you aren't doing, because I never have issues when using this build. Once I start farming warmogs, I'm nearly impossible to kill.

And by the way, Mr. Kycco, I'm interested in what you mean by "try using a hint of strategy". What Nasus build uses more strategy than any other Nasus build? Think about it.