[Guide]Not just another Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchwettyBawls

01-13-2010

...This is SchwettyBawls' Warwick Guide

I know there are a million Warwick guides out there but none of them really work for me so I meshed a few together and made my own tweaks and this is what I came up with.
I have pictures for everything so just click the links to see what I'm talking about.

21/0/9 will be my final build but for now it's 21/0/7. Make sure you grab Imp Smite and Imp Rally.
My Warwick Masteries

My runes are:
Reds - All Attack Damage
Yellows - All Attack Speed
Blues - All Cooldown Reduction
Quints - Attack Damage

Grab Smite and Rally

Heres the order i level my spells:
1 Hungering Strikes
2 Hunters Call
3 Hunters Call
4 Hungering Strikes
5 Blood Scent
6 Infinite Duress
7 Hungering Strikes
8 Hunters Call
9 Hungering Strikes
10 Hunters Call
11 Infinite Duress
12 Blood Scent
13 Blood Scent
14 Hungering Strikes
15 Hunters Call
16 Infinite Duress
17 Blood Scent
18 Blood Scent

First things first buy:
Cloth Armor and
2x Healh Pots (3 if your under level 24)

Kill the creeps in this order.
WarwickJungleMap
If your on the purple side just flip the map because the sides are mirrored except for baron and dragon placements.
The Mana Golems are at 1 and 6 and the Lizard is at 3. This is something your should memorize quickly.

Buy Berserkers Greaves and then Vampiric Scepter next.
After you have the boots and lifesteal grab Madreds Bloodrazor A.S.A.P. and then build either Malady or The Bloodthirster

From there focus on team fights and keeping your Lizard and Mana Golem buffs on. Organize ganks every time your ult is ready.

REMEMBER to keep killing the dragon every time he respawns to maximize gold intake.

Constructive criticism is welcome. Feel free to try this out and post screen shots of your success.

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide.

keftes

Recruiter

01-13-2010

If you grab smite and rally you're going to get ganked at golem 100% by any decent team unless you bring your whole team with you. But doesnt that negate the need for smite + rally?

SchwettyBawls

01-13-2010

I've ran this build 30+ times and I've only ever been ganked once and that was by a 5 man premade who was doing lvl 1 dragon when I was on purple side. That was the ONLY time I've been ganked.

Evernight

01-13-2010

I don't understand how you call this guide "not just another Warwick" when you use the same skill build and the same jungling order that everyone else does. It IS just another warwick build - the only thing different is that you are getting boots and scepter before finishing Razors - not that big of deal.

Also - the other guy is right - as you ascend the ELO you are going to get ganked at golem more and more. Warwick with Smite or Rally - they will camp golem... or worse yet - steal it. The new patch might deter this a bit, but if I had 2 or three teammates on vent we would definitely steal your golem.

Dan Dinh has a great WW jungle guide and I suggest you watch it - on youtube. He does ghosts and another camp before golem (lvl 2 smite on golem) - its much safer.

The only other thing I will point out is taking their golem - without timing your run idk, but I would assume its still going to be down (yours probably is still) because at least 60% of teams get either golem or lizard to start - mostly golem. If they have a shaco - guaranteed that it down.

Question: How much attack dmg does the quints and seal offer you assuming you are at 30?

I always heard dmg runes sucked - but jungle WW can't use much else other than HP or armor runes.

keftes

Recruiter

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwettyBawls View Post
I've ran this build 30+ times and I've only ever been ganked once and that was by a 5 man premade who was doing lvl 1 dragon when I was on purple side. That was the ONLY time I've been ganked.
I always see warwicks getting ganked ****less on 90% of my games. Especially when they start with smite + rally. It's almost 100% that they will either go for dragon or golem 1st. Warwicks will be weaker after this patch also (even the spawn delay is a small one - it still is a delay to jungling xp gains).

I find no reason for someone to play warwick to be honest. Yi is a better melee carry in all aspects and he can even jungle. Warwick has a fail ulti that can be cleansed and contributes nothing in team fights but a free kill and maybe throwing a punch at a high hp tank. I've been queue dodging warwicks lately for those reasons plus the fact that 90% of warwicks play bad.

SchwettyBawls

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
Also - the other guy is right - as you ascend the ELO you are going to get ganked at golem more and more. Warwick with Smite or Rally - they will camp golem... or worse yet - steal it. The new patch might deter this a bit, but if I had 2 or three teammates on vent we would definitely steal your golem.
A few things.

This was written mostly for n00bs and was written about a month ago so the new patch wasnt taken into consideration. Also I was in alot lower ELO. I was about .25 to 1 win ratio. Since i wrote this I have moved to about 60% wins and rarely even use Warwick at all. After posting this last night I actually read the patch notes and have thought about it. It seems as though Warwick is becoming less and less viable every patch. When I have a moment I'll try to revise this maybe call it a n00b Warwick guide. Only time will tell.

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

just btw...if i ever see a ww on the other team using smite, i grab the carries from the team and tell them to follow me and kill the hell out of the ww...don't use skills that make you look like an obvious jungler (ie. smite) rally is just as bad but ww is more likely to possibly be a non jungler than a jungler with it.

The7eleven

01-13-2010

In my opinion this is just another Warwick jungling guide which borrows a few elements, and some own modifications to the build.

I personally do not see how this will work because Hunter's Call doesn't boost speed, it only boosts duration, and in this case I believe that maximizing Hungering Strike is the better option because it restores more hit points. I also think that putting points into Blood Scent as a second priority is necessary because it will help chase low health enemies.

Next, the item order doesn't make sense to me because I always though purchase Razors was a first priority in jungling due to the extra damage, and then Berserk Grieves are second for extra attack speed, and mobility.

However I will give this guide a change and I'll try it in a few games to determine whether or not this guide is effective.

Stager

01-14-2010

Ive never met a warwick better than me. No really. But im still a noob so hey, Ive met very few. But the icing on the cake is that every warwick I met was a jungler. And guess what? Im not a jungler. Hell yes, I play warwick but I dont jungle. Call me stupid, but I find laning as warwick much better than jungling. In a high ELO everyone will probably say that a warwick laning will get owned, but thats only if they dont have the 'Warwick Playstyle'. The 'Warwick Playstyle' is a specific playstyle for warwick that I dont think many have. Im not going into details about it, but I have found that warwick has a very huge potential to be as powerful or maybe more than other carries such as Yi.
Peace out.

keftes

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stager View Post
Im not going into details about it, but I have found that warwick has a very huge potential to be as powerful or maybe more than other carries such as Yi.
Peace out.
So you're saying that warwick can be better than master yi but you dont provide any facts that lead to that conclusion? A simple comparison to their ultimates and perhaps the mobility skills each of them have should be enough to prove your deadly wrong

P.S If you're lvl13 with 29wins you shouldnt be too strong minded when posting about heroes.