for katarina's users

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbero

01-12-2010

yesyerdat i bought Kata, im not expert but many times fastest enemy run away from my lotus so i need to know what is the better slow item for kata

Frozen mallet
Rylai's Scepter

And why in all build i c all use 1 or 2 duble Bloodister ? it didnt work on skils, and with base atk speed from kata duble bloodister worth the cost?

atm il following

Spirit Visage
Boots of Swiftness
Frozen Mallet
Void Staff
The Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge

Baron Corm

01-12-2010

Bloodthirster gives the highest damage in the game of any item, and Katarina's ultimate fires at a predetermined, very fast speed. So people stack BF Swords on her and later turn them into Bloodthirsters. The life steal helps just for taking hits in between ultimates.

Rylai's Scepter is generally a better slowing item because it procs off of your skills instead of your autoattack.

Burbero

01-13-2010

perfect very tnx

so that tp is nice?

Spirit Visage
Boots of Swiftness
Rylai's Scepter
Void Staff
The Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge

when i bought void staff i see the biggggg differents on my Lotus, i dont know if is better Void or another Bloody! aniway My skils cant be critted so why in all tp i found Infinity Edge?

Baron Corm

01-13-2010

Infinity Edge gives only a bit less damage than Bloodthirster, doesn't lose bonuses when you die, and increases the damage of your autoattack by a lot if you get just one. Combined with Berserker's boots, your autoattack starts being respectable, so you're less of a one-trick pony.

I think Void Staff is good on her if they're stacking Magic Resist. On a pure damage build, I wouldn't get a Rylai's. It's too expensive, and you don't benefit from the AP. You should kill everything before it can escape, as long as you have allies which can throw down some CC for you, and you don't get stunned. Which is quite a task.

discomatt

01-13-2010

I know Void is recommended in a couple high-teir guides... as a later item. Bloodthirster before Void. Get damage, then worry about resists.

Burbero

01-13-2010

so better if i do that line?

Spirit Visage
Boots of Swiftness
Rylai's Scepter
The Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge
Void Staff

if they are gimps can remove rylai for another bloody

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-13-2010

Thats an expensive lineup, i'd definately ditch the Rylai.

Purutzil

01-13-2010

Rylai's is easily the better slow item on her. Personally though if I go dps I skip on Rylai's and use exhaust instead to slow someone. In team fights chances are my team will be causing them to stay in and fight and thus letting her ult thrive.

If I do go AP build though Rylai is definently a core item to get not just since it gives the slow, but a good chunk of AP AND a boost to health.

I recommend void though even with a dps focused build. 40% Magic penetration is really good.

Boot wise though I'd take out swiftness and get either Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads. Usually Mercury is priority (you can always exhaust the carry after all if they try focusing you down during your ult and get them if they are that stupid.)

Ulminati

01-15-2010

At the moment I'm 50/18 w/l with Katarina. I've found her man weakness is her squishyness, so I try to compensate for that early. My current build is as follows:

Starting: Doran's shield + health pot
1st port back: shoes + heart of gold
2nd port back: get phage and upgrade boots either to Ninja Tabi or Mercury's
3rd port back: Sell Heart, get B.F. Sword
4th port back: Sell Doran's, get Bloodthirster
5th port: Another B.F. Sword
6th port: Another bloodthirster
7th port: Frozen mallet

Usually, the game is over by the time I have my first bloodthirster. Doran's and Hearth of gold are great, cheap investments that keep you in the lane in early game, getting your xp and gold faster. Don't forget to grab lizard buff, as phage is not a reliable slow.

Depending on the enemy team makeup, the build can be mixed up. If you happen to have the money for another BF sword, it's worth delaying the first bloodthirster to get it. If you're getting focused, ugrading phage early will make you less squishy. (But never before getting your first BF sword). If the game is really stretching on, consider building towards a phantom dancer. Especially if they have physical carries.

The Detective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

As a Kat player too, just a bit of advice. While her ult doesn't slow at all, it has a VERY low CD, especially if you're already getting other CD reduc things. popping in and out and using it well doesn't mean you have to have a slowing item. If you're going AD, getting Rylai's won't help you much at all compared to something that expensive. Usually, a defensive item or using the money for a Bloodthirster or Inifinty. However, if you are going AP, then Rylai's should be one of your first ones to get.