Heimerdinger as of 1/18/2011

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMountainGoat

01-19-2011

yeah, he's worse at repeat engagements now.

i'm pretty mad (yea i mad) that the change to the 'ammo' system totally destroyed my heimer playstyle. heimer with warmog and thornmail was a superb anti-carry. blind+stun, FF from turrets, perma slow, and constant rockets. it's a nightmare for physical dps. he was able to 1v1 master yi, xin, shaco, etc. he can't do this anymore. before, if yi decided to kill my turret before engaging me, i just had to stall him for a few seconds and drop another. now i have to wait 15 seconds. that's way too long to try to stall him now.

they completely broke my playstyle with this change, and i find this incredibly frustrating because that was the only effective way i could even find to play him after they took pretty much everythig else that he had. no FF from rockets, no damage on towers, only 2 turrets. now they took away his ability to effectively control areas of the map that are being challenged.

seriously riot, what else are you going to take away from heimerdinger? what do you even want him to do anymore? you literally just took away the only thing he had left with this awful ammo system.

Kawashima Ami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Bump for Riot.

Heathenl

01-19-2011

About 6 months ago everyone cried that he was underpowered and had no team presence(ignoring that his push was so strong it didnt even ****ing matter). Now they make his laning less easy mode so they can buff his teamfights(which they worked on a bit with his ult) and you complain.

BallsandTits

01-19-2011

I just want to add my thoughts about Heim. First off, I am fairly new to playing him. (post damage nerf to tower damage with grenade). So I do not claim to know his history and his prior nerfs, only the change from the last few patches.

That being said I am not in love with the changes, they could have done more I believe but I am doing fairly well with him compared to before this patch. Since Tues, I have only lost one normal match and that was due to playing with two sub 30 summoners who were personal friends of mine. In that match I went 14/8/15. Not bad when you have two guys on your team who aren't at the same skill level as the rest.

The most important change for me is the ability to place two towers nearly immediately. This allows you to change the tide of a gank on you , or someone that thinks they can chase you down, which prior to the patch was a lot easier when you were not near a tower. His ult now allows the turrets to continue to do aoe and debuff enemies.. not huge but better than not I would have to say. I am not a player that constantly puts towers out in front, I cover retreats, behind creep lines, and in strategic spots that an enemy champion is going to have to choose whether its worth it to attack my turrets or come after me. Lastly, yes I do have to think a little bit ahead about my turrets so that I always am ready for a team fight. I like to anticipate when a battle is going to happen so I have 1/2 turrets in place and have 2 in store. That way when my turrets go down, boom two more plus ult are up.

Everything else is meh I believe. Rocket/grenade ult are ok, didn't ask for em, but won't complain either. Look, the old way of map control and tower hugging is seemingly changing to a much stronger presence in team battles and pushes. I have had one penta kill and one quadra kill since this patch, seriously his ability to lay down two turrets, ult and hit five champs with rockets and newly aoe ulted turrets is seriously good.

Again, I do not claim that this is OP or whatever, but definitely an upgrade from patches as of late. Give it some time, and for the veterans, I only wish I had your exp with him, loving the turret, wrench throwing, /l ROFLing little maniac.

adrenolin

01-19-2011

you can't see the 22second cooldown to store a turret... Leaves you in the blank while in the heat of the moment... This blind spot is annoying...

when you are revived you start at 1 stored turret should be 2 if you died with 2 stored.
his turret range should be increased as they are easily sniped by long range like caitlyn.

When he ults his turrets they should prioritize champions regardless if heimer is getting atacked by them or not.

CosmoVibe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenolin View Post
When he ults his turrets they should prioritize champions regardless if heimer is getting atacked by them or not.
That would be ridiculously OP, considering the fact that the shots slow by, what, 30%?

That's basically equivalent to a lizard buff, but with more damage, and the fact that your champions don't even have to be near the enemy to deal damage.

Bladeva

01-19-2011

Turrets as ammo that generate every 20+ seconds with a few in storage that you need to pay mana to lay is a nerf to heimers turret laying ability.

Turret laying was quicker before patch. Im finding myself waiting for my turrets to spawn so that i can lay them where before patch i'd be out of mana already

Whats the point of being able to lay down 2 turets in quick succession if their health has been decreased and they fall in 2 hits?

This was a crappy tweak of heimer.

The two extra rockets and increased grenade speed were 2 nice buffs that would have been warmly welcomed without all the other crappy nerfs.

Ark Angel HFB

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dinh View Post
I think overall, Heimer is neither buffed or nerfed. They just made a change to his playstyle, introducing a new learning curve. So for existing players, it may feel like a nerf. Because all the details and nuances that players previously exploited has drastically changed.
CLAP CLAP CLAP... wow

This is the first time a council member has posted that I didn't want to face role my keyboard,,, my God I thought it just couldn't happen but I agree with one of the council...

A level headed and well balance option from someone in the moons and stars... just CLAP CLAP CLAP.

NJim

01-19-2011

I think its funny that they wanted to move him away from being reliant on his turrets, but made it so you have to invest points heavily into turrets in order to make them useful (one turret is not good).

nicosharp

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dinh View Post
I think overall, Heimer is neither buffed or nerfed. They just made a change to his playstyle, introducing a new learning curve. So for existing players, it may feel like a nerf. Because all the details and nuances that players previously exploited has drastically changed.
It is a nerf for Heimer defensively on the run, and a big buff to him offensively on the push.