Heimerdinger as of 1/18/2011

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mADCat LoL

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
I haven't been able to play the new Heimerdinger, but at first glance I did like his changes. After reading your post I understand a few things, which make me not very happy about his changes.

#1 Heimer can not place 2 turrets down until lvl 3 in Q. That either forces him to go a turret build early, or gimp himself early/mid-game with a build that does not focus on turrets.

#2 The ammo cooldown time is far too long for Heimer now, making it nearly impossible for a summoner to jungle with Heimer at early levels.

#3 The changes to Heimer's Ult are nice, but still have little in-game application - all are pretty much 1 use. (Not a big deal given the cooldown he receives for leveling it.)

I completely agree with the OP's TLDR - Allow Heimer to have two turrets again at lvl 3 (lvl 2 of Q) (I'd have to test to see if Ammo timers are effected by CDR before commenting on Ammo)
This.

Also, in the video, Morello claimed that Heimer's ultimate would cause his turrets to prioritize champions for the duration, why was this change not in the patch?"

Soren Kaleth

01-19-2011

His burst is really not that viable though. In the umteenth games Ive played with him so far since the patch (I am currently unemployed so I really dont have a life right now) I have found that Heimers turrets are pretty much a waste of mana by 10th level. You lay them down and bam they get one shotted and its end of story. 90% of the time, even in team battles, I try to get two off and ult but by the time the second one is laid down the first is already dead. Considering the cooldown time of 1 sec thats pretty ridiculous.

My issues:

The turrets are too weak: Fix - have the life scale with the life of Heimer or his AP to make them viable at later levels. When they get hit once and die whats the point in even having them?

Or: make it so you store 2 at level 2 and 3 at level 4. That should help, but I dont really see that as a fix. More like just an increased annoyance to the other team.

A major issue with his turrets is their range too. So far Teemo, Cait, Ashe, Twitch, Sivir, Karthus, Annie, Cass, Kennen, and Trist have all one shot my turrets or poked them off outside its range. In most cases both.

BiggerFish

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Slay View Post
How are people saying Heimer isn't buffed? He has crazy burst now.
his burst damage is exactly the same

Kawashima Ami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Bump. This is actually an important issue for many of player.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I wish they'd just make him like venomancer in dota where you have an ammo system and you can place several weak turrets using it. It takes so long to store up charges now, it doesn't feel like an ammo system without at least three bullets...

WeiYun

01-19-2011

Numba wan heimer Dan Dinh has spoken, no more complaining please. Dan's words are better than all of ours.

Pickles

01-19-2011

They could just make it so CDR affects the ammo load up speed.

mseb warden

01-19-2011

I think heimer is better now, after playing vs him at least five times since the change, he seems to be doing better then previously, actually quite abit better. Please try him now before you QQ.

Excitement

Recruiter

01-19-2011

give heimer 4 turrets.

Argentumante

01-19-2011

bump - I mained heimer a long time ago, and even when this wasnt a direct nerf, it was definitively not a buff. It was a change, and a bad one, sadly. I feel like they are trying to give more importance to hiemer rockets, which is not his defining ability. The turret placing system right now is ugly and awkward. The cooldown is hidden!!! (wtf!!!) also not having 2nd turret at lvl 3 was indeed a pretty big hit to his characteristic playstyle. Ultimate changes are nice. but the overall turret situation is just bad.

Heimerdinger players wanted fixed AI and ulti changes - THATS IT! why in earth did u mess up heimer turrets?