[SUGGESTION] quiters punishment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maugrim Faustus

01-19-2010

if you're flagging leaves, probably best to make each one self-cancelling after a set amount of time. This way, people who experience disconnect on a semi-regular basis won't be as hurt as those that just consistently leave games.

I know it sucks being on a losing team, or when people playing are being jerks, but it's not that hard to tough it out and finish. The next one will seem much better in comparison.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

i just mean to punish who leaves the entire game...

like when it appears at the score "Leaver"
or people that stays only about 5 minutes in the game without leaving

Dracolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

I have seen posts on three problems so I am going to break up my ideas into three groups.

1st: Pre-game leaving.
1) The current system seems to do well. I admit sometimes it can be a little annoying but realistically my average wait time is only 20-30 seconds for a new game, and it makes no real difference if I have already committed an hour to play.

2nd: In-game leaving.
1) I agree that the current incentive to stay is too weak. I mean I have never left a game and my bonus is only at 14ish IP. Perhaps this could be increased to give more of a reason to stay in every game?
2) I think a 24 hour ban is too harsh for a first offense. Personally, I have had my computer crash near the end of a game and barely made it back in time to see the nexus explode. Maybe a 2-3 hour ban for the first offense then 3-6 for the 2nd and 3rd, so on and so forth up to a 24 hour ban. Most people can only spend a few hours playing each day and many times there maybe actual reasons for them leaving (emergencies/parents/siblings/roomies/ect.).
3) Have each leave expire in 2-4 weeks. This helps protect in-frequent leavers and punishes chronic leavers more.

3rd: In-game rage feeding/afk.
1) Have an in-game vote to report/kick people who are trying to end a game in these ways.
2) Auto-disconnect any one who doesn't input a command for more than three minutes.
3) Apply a leave mark and above referenced punishment for successful votes.

For anyone who has questions on what a rage feeder/afker is I will explain. Rage afkers are the people who decided when a game is 2/7 kills that their team is going to lose and sit near the shop and wait for the game to end. Rage feeders are similar, but they do not just wait for the game to end, they speed it up by running into towers and such to quickly level enemy heroes. It seems like the 14 extra IP for not leaving is enough for them to do these things, but either way it normally results in a loss.

And it happens more often then you would think. Out of my last 6 games, 2 have had rage feeders - one on my team one as an enemy - and a third game had a rage afker.

foosballa

01-21-2010

Quote:
1st: Pre-game leaving.
1) The current system seems to do well. I admit sometimes it can be a little annoying but realistically my average wait time is only 20-30 seconds for a new game, and it makes no real difference if I have already committed an hour to play.
I agree, it's really not that bad a wait. Sometimes I will leave pre-game if somebody picks a character I want to use before I get the opportunity. I know it's a bad thing to do, but with the number of people that play this game, it's really doesn't hurt anybody that much since I quit in the first 10 seconds or so.

Quote:
2nd: In-game leaving.
1) I agree that the current incentive to stay is too weak. I mean I have never left a game and my bonus is only at 14ish IP. Perhaps this could be increased to give more of a reason to stay in every game?
2) I think a 24 hour ban is too harsh for a first offense. Personally, I have had my computer crash near the end of a game and barely made it back in time to see the nexus explode. Maybe a 2-3 hour ban for the first offense then 3-6 for the 2nd and 3rd, so on and so forth up to a 24 hour ban. Most people can only spend a few hours playing each day and many times there maybe actual reasons for them leaving (emergencies/parents/siblings/roomies/ect.).
3) Have each leave expire in 2-4 weeks. This helps protect in-frequent leavers and punishes chronic leavers more.
I agree with the problems that exist in (1,2, and 3), but I think that a 10 minute MAXIMUM ban would do, regardless of how many offenses.

My advice to people who get a lot of leavers... go to the chat rooms and meet people or find some "real-life" friends to play with. That way you will probably not have as many leaves, and when you do, you will know why. I do a lot of arrange team and never have this problem, also one of my friends has like 60-70 leaves on his record and he will only leave at the end of the game if we are losing with no avail to preserve his individual character record, and we're ok with that because we've talked to him pre-game about it.

It really doesn't hurt people who do AT that much... so why penalize them for nothing?

Quote:
3rd: In-game rage feeding/afk.
1) Have an in-game vote to report/kick people who are trying to end a game in these ways.
2) Auto-disconnect any one who doesn't input a command for more than three minutes.
3) Apply a leave mark and above referenced punishment for successful votes.
With (1) I disagree. What if you are the lone wolf in a game with 4 AT? They could boot you just because they don't like you for whatever reason... that would totally suck.

Isn't (2/3) already implemented with a longer time limit and without the reference reasoning? Everybody I see go afk seems to leave at some point anyways.

I think they should just add into the random match-making system a routine that pair leavers with leavers and/or count the leavers as losses that have a higher weighting that a normal loss in matchmaking and pair leavers with noobies. That's a chronic punishment to a chronic problem and doesn't punish the occasional leaver as much.

Pootie T

01-22-2010

You should only be aloud to leave the character selection screen when your teamate says, "I'm building Cho'gath AP"

DeadRamza

01-24-2010

for all the people that like to quit in champion selection and says that it does not hur and it's not a big deal...
i just passed through a nice situation here...
i waited 40 seconds to find a normal match...
then one of the guys left...
i wwaited more 30 seconds...
one of the guys left again...

now i'm still in queue and 40 minutes has passed

now why do you think it's fair with the other ones if you do this??...
sometimes that person that takes your hero can play WAY WAY better than you and you leave...

Blackmamba3103

01-27-2010

i don't think it would be necessary to punish the players with IP / EXP points removed a simple 10 minute ban for leaving champ selection and an increasing hour type ban , for example if a player leaves a game he gets an hour ban and if he / she leaves another game that day he'd get a 2 hour ban so on ... or just do a 24 hour ban and its done but i'd really like to see something done against leavers

Viro Melchior

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRamza View Post
for all the people that like to quit in champion selection and says that it does not hur and it's not a big deal...
i just passed through a nice situation here...
i waited 40 seconds to find a normal match...
then one of the guys left...
i wwaited more 30 seconds...
one of the guys left again...

now i'm still in queue and 40 minutes has passed

now why do you think it's fair with the other ones if you do this??...
sometimes that person that takes your hero can play WAY WAY better than you and you leave...
Dude - if the queue passes 3 minutes it bugged on you. Leave it and rejoin and you'll have a prompt match.

And with the current fubar'd matchmaking, I've become a "leaver". I do everything I can when PUG-ing to make sure I didn't get stuck with players completely outside my "play level" expectations (no turret heimers, no warwicks, no revive, nobody under level 15). I've played 300 games, and expect the system to respect that with *appropriate* matches. If I have to leave 5 in a row pre-game because it pairs me with a level 3 who has only played 10-15 games, then so be it. Better than playing that game out to the (too long) 25:00 mark with a newbie who's dieing like crazy to highly skilled 30s on the opposing team.

DeadRamza

02-01-2010

it's pointless to leave like this if the matchmaking keeps you with newbies on your team...

i know that a matchmaking system that makes you battle with and against people in your "play level" is too complex for a team that can't even put the in-game links into the default browser

but you have to be patient..

people wants to play too...
it's not only about you
it's about the others

RoqTrooper

02-04-2010

I have a brand new concept for you guys!!!

Let's just not punish the leavers!

I am not about to let someone I don't even know PUNISH me for leaving in the middle of a match.

I will not accept this. And if it ever happens I will jut quit playing this game.

There are so many good reasons for leaving, most of my leaves happened for excellent reasons

Once I was at a LAN party and the net kept on disconnecting. It not like it was my fault really.

Second, one time "junior" fell down a couple of steps in the basement and scratched is knee (he's 5 yo), so I had to pick him up, check his injury and spend a few minutes calming him. Then I went on to check if there was something in the stairs or if there was a problem with one of the steps. It took a good 10 minutes....

One other time was a surprise visit from my parents who live in another state.

I am sorry guys, life has so many unforeseen events and surprises that it is impossible to know everything in advance and sometimes life will force you to leave in the middle of a game.

I understand that most of you are socially challenged (I work with gamers all the time @ WCG), some of you prefer the company of virtual people and virtual friendship. Some of you use games like this to bolster your low self-esteem and relieve you from the feeling you have of being a loser. It's normal, most people have those feelings. For my part, I play this game to entertain myself and to play with my coworkers from the office.

Online reputation, online friendships and online accountability are all big lines of horse manure. Only real life matters.

This said, let me be crystal clear: when it comes to choosing between REAL people and online buddies, there is no contest ! My family, real life friends, coworkers and even "this stranger knocking at the door" will always come before you guys. Sorry but it is the truth.

The American Army, the Air Force and the Navy have rules against leaving. If you hate leavers, then try joining them !