[SUGGESTION] quiters punishment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowclaimer

01-15-2010

Are you serious?

Quitting in Queue: Some of us only play one main hero, we're spec'd for that hero, we have the runes for that hero, if that hero is taken, we leave and rejoin queue, you get thrown right back in now so there is zero reason to complain about that.

Quitting in Game: Some teams just aren't tolerable, and rather than rage/feed some of us prefer to just quit, take the loss, and it be over with. We already lose any IP from the match we would've gained, no need to tax 50-100 IP or Exp from it too.

IP/Exp penalties won't keep me from leaving, it'll just hurt me worse in the process. That's what I'm trying to say, I'll still be leaving games if things become so unplayable, and I'll still leave queues if somebody takes my main, but to take that kind of punishment for it just isn't right in any way. So I get punished if my team is terrible and its impossible to play? I get punished if somebody takes my hero? That really makes sense.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
Are you serious?

Quitting in Queue: Some of us only play one main hero, we're spec'd for that hero, we have the runes for that hero, if that hero is taken, we leave and rejoin queue, you get thrown right back in now so there is zero reason to complain about that.

Quitting in Game: Some teams just aren't tolerable, and rather than rage/feed some of us prefer to just quit, take the loss, and it be over with. We already lose any IP from the match we would've gained, no need to tax 50-100 IP or Exp from it too.

IP/Exp penalties won't keep me from leaving, it'll just hurt me worse in the process. That's what I'm trying to say, I'll still be leaving games if things become so unplayable, and I'll still leave queues if somebody takes my main, but to take that kind of punishment for it just isn't right in any way. So I get punished if my team is terrible and its impossible to play? I get punished if somebody takes my hero? That really makes sense.

try to learn how to play with new heros...
i play with 3 heros
of course i have my main hero...
but i don't complain...
because i can play very well with the other ones...

quiters are stupid...
if your team is losing...
fine...
at least be a good player and stay n the game...

leaving in queue is what make quiters even more disgusting...

and the worst thing is that some of them wait til the timer comes to about 5 or 3 seconds so he leaves

it is tottaly fair to punish people like you for making the others pay for your little selfish acts

people like to play this game too...

so you need to stand down because you're not the only person in the world that deserves things

try to think more about the other ones...
maybe that guy that took your hero is way better than you... and you... the little newbie that leaves...
is going to lose exp... ip and a game that you could win...

you'll never know right???

so telling that leaving is right and is good is the most immoral and pointless thing to say

stimmedcows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Its not frustrating anymore now that you get placed back into queue. Its relieving because the leavers would've otherwise left after the game started. The only way it can still get annoying is if someone took too long to do it, like game 5 seconds from start and gg they alt f'd. That's the **** that counts as a leave or disconnect. Not you alt 4'ing fast because you forgot to invite your bff and realised as soon as you saw the team.

DeadRamza

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanizier View Post
Its not frustrating anymore now that you get placed back into queue. Its relieving because the leavers would've otherwise left after the game started. The only way it can still get annoying is if someone took too long to do it, like game 5 seconds from start and gg they alt f'd. That's the **** that counts as a leave or disconnect. Not you alt 4'ing fast because you forgot to invite your bff and realised as soon as you saw the team.

yeah...

but what really pisses everyone off is those people that leaves at mid game

me2893

01-18-2010

I've liked some Ideas I've heard and disliked some ideas.

ideas i've liked:

• leavers in the queue get 10 min penalty (it gives mild punishment but not ridiculous punishment)
  • in game leavers get 24hour ban. (it means people can't say this game is stupid go watch a little television come back and play again)
  • minor IP punishments such as 100 or 200 IP (for the irregular leaver 1000 is quite a punishment and for the frequent leaver 100 or 200 IP will add up quickly)
  • tracking percentage of leaves and determining punishments based of percentage of games left
ideas I've disliked:
  • distributing leavers items or transferring them back into gold for the team (what if they return?)
  • xp penalties (unless only used for frequent leavers because if I leave once a month or less then get a large penalty for that one leave I'm seriously annoyed)
  • large IP penalties (see xp penalties)
  • 24 hour ban for people leaving in the queue (you would punish them that hard when they didn't even ruin a game? the game never started!!!!!!!)
other ideas:
  • bonus IP given to teams that have leavers on them
  • after a certain amount of the game has been played (10 min) without a person they automatically get a leave (even if they rejoin or aquire the 10 min over multiple absences).

notes: huge punishments such as draining 1000xp punish one time leavers more than compulsive leavers because compulsive leavers get used to it. small penalties add up and will greatly hinder leavers but are little problem for infrequent leavers.

Androidious

01-18-2010

I had incidentally posted this in the incorrect forum area, but now that I was kindly redirected by others that have experienced this problem I am going to post what I originally wrote. I do not know if someone has already given this thought yet, I just wanted to vent a little and what I think could be a good solution... So here it goes

I swear, every game I play, someone leaves. It's very very annoying. There has to be some sort of penalty or something more to keep ppl from doing this. It's such a game killer. I love this game, but as of late, since almost every game we play someone disconnects, I am feeling like I don't even want to play n/e more because of this issue above all else. Too bad you can't have someone jump in the game or something... of course, then they'd be very lowlevel comped to others... maybe the game could average the current levels of the team the new player is jumping in at and give them that level or something. But it's VERY annoying to have people leave like that. If there's anything that can be done, I'd be very happy. It's just really a fun sponge.

Sincerely,
Androidious

sycsadist

01-18-2010

im +1 with the current system of quitting in champ select. why play with people who cant even communicate with you or will just give you a loosing mark. its in game the really bites. if they quit in game, then thats the real problem, but for champ select, there should even be a button to cancel the queue. there is already auto requeueing anyhow.

EchoRex

01-18-2010

Most people who leave are escaping from one of two things: Known idiots on the team or completely terrible team compositions.

The current system works just fine.

Lost Visage

01-18-2010

My idea would be to punish those who leave frequently, while being gentle to those who have power outages but do not leave on purpose frequently.

Riot games has recently initiated a new patch that only shows your total leaves if it's above a "set" minimum limit, so as not to mar those who have left once or twice due to circumstances beyond their control. Well, let's punish those who go over that limit!

For every game that you go over the limit, you lose 5% of your experience to your next level up, with an additional 1% removed for every leave that goes above your set amount.

Should you have just leveled up, and you have little or no experience to lose, then you fall into negative experience, but stay at the same level.

in addition to this, an equivalent percentage less of IP should be earned per game.

Also, for people who leave for consecutive games, while still not going over the limit, should be treated the same way.

DeadRamza

01-19-2010

very good ideas up here...

i just hope that the dev team come up, review it and make a good use of these ideas so we can have a enjoyable game without quiters