[SUGGESTION] quiters punishment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

I think everyone stays very pissed when someone quit in the hero selection screen or in-game

so here's an idea that should make leavers pay for theyr acts

- when waiting on the champion selection screen and a player leaves... this player should pay with 50 or 100 IP

- when player leaves in-game battle he should pay with 200 IP + 50 Exp

players that do not have such IP or exp should stay with negative points or one level down so they would pay after they get the needed points

so what do you think about it...

it is very compreensable since quiters annoyes averyone and make the game boring and make the winning chances get down

chance0110

01-12-2010

I don't think there should be a punishment for leaving at champion select. I often leave with a few seconds left if it is clear one guy has not yet selected a character and is clearly afk.

I think anyone who leaves during a game should get a 24 hour ban. This should cut down on the "I'm getting sleepy" leavers. If you leave and the game ends within 5 minutes of when you left you won't get the ban; this protects people who have their computer crash near the end of the game.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance0110 View Post
I don't think there should be a punishment for leaving at champion select. I often leave with a few seconds left if it is clear one guy has not yet selected a character and is clearly afk.

I think anyone who leaves during a game should get a 24 hour ban. This should cut down on the "I'm getting sleepy" leavers. If you leave and the game ends within 5 minutes of when you left you won't get the ban; this protects people who have their computer crash near the end of the game.
24 hour ban is far worst then i suggested...
lol

you're talking about those afk people...
they'll come back when thr ame starts or probably your computer didn't received his chosen character info

leaving with a few secs before the game starts is what makes things even more annoying...

people have to wait 1:30 minutes and then someone leaves when there's 5 secs left...

think about it...
a match lasts about 30 minutes...
before entering a normal match you have to waita th queue
at the champion selection screen you have to wait 1:30 minutes...
at the beggining of the game it's:
30 seconds till the voices says -> "welcome to (map name)"
30 seconds to the voices says -> "30 seconds till minions spawn" (basically she tells you to wait even more like a ******)

then you have to wait more 30 seconds....

and because of the quiters you take even longer to start playing...

that is the most frustrating part...

so ip penalties is a comprehensable idea and it should probably reduce the quiters

and will make the game even morefun to play

Excstazy

01-13-2010

Well while i agree there should be some kind of punishement, these should only be applied to Cronic Leavers. Not just for leaving a few times, but if u leave 20% of your games then you start loosing IP, or EXP. Thats a good idea.

The problem, is ppl who leave will stop leaving and start being AFK more, so the solution to that is. Report AFK? or something like that. If u get reported, the ammount of time you are allowed to be AFK, gets reduced by 90%?, and if the time elapses you get Disconnected right away, and loose EXP or IP.

All the items and gold you had get distributed among your teamates to at least get a little boost that will help even the socres?

This is a very complicated topic. Basicly, i wish you could choose to not play with ppl that have certain %s of leaves. I would choose to play woth ppl that only have max 1-3% of leaves, any more than that = rage quitters - AFKers IMO.

chance0110

01-13-2010

I think the new patch helps with champion select leaving to a point. Maybe a short ban for leaving at champion select would work (10 minutes?) since it would cut down on people who leave just because they didn't get the champion they wanted or someone picked Karthus, but at the same time it wouldn't be too big a punishment for those who leave for a legit reason like one of your teammate announcing he intends to feed or finding out that the rest of your team all have neo-nazi screen names.

I think leaving in the middle of a game should be severely punished. A 24 hour ban will be a big deterrent to those who want to quit just because the game isn't going their way. Losing XP or IP isn't that big of a deal for those who have already hit level 30. Even at lower levels, unless you're talking about over 1000 IP, it isn't that much of a hit. 200 IP could easily be earned in two games or 1 win of the day.

I would like to see a "consent" to leave option. If a player just really has to go due to emergency or something he could talk it over with his team and they could vote whether they will allow him to or not. If they let him, there would be no penalty.

DeadRamza

01-14-2010

it's a very good idea the 10 minutes ban for the pople that come out of the champion selection screen...
as for the 24 hours ban...
sometimes the leaver needs to leave because they don't have any choice...

sometimes people disconnects because of theyr bad connection...
there was another day that the guy came out of the game several times because his computer overwhelmed....
but they always can come back...

i think that the exp penalty is really good...
because they may lose a level by leaving too much...

maybe 1000 ip and 1000 exp for in-game quiters isn't a bad idea...

MMKH

01-14-2010

If a player has negative points, they will just make a new account, since it's free. It's also possible that some people make accounts just to mess up everyone else's playing experience, aside from their main account. However, this should be avoided through the matchmaking system anyway.

DeadRamza

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
If a player has negative points, they will just make a new account, since it's free. It's also possible that some people make accounts just to mess up everyone else's playing experience, aside from their main account. However, this should be avoided through the matchmaking system anyway.
well... if you ban a person's ip it would be difficult for him or her to get back...

LegendaryHope

01-14-2010

Is it just me or is this in the completely wrong section?

DeadRamza

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryHope View Post
Is it just me or is this in the completely wrong section?

well..
we're talking about people that leaves inside the game too...

so it applies to this section...
and why do you comment if you're not going to talk about the post??