The Main Character of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Singed!

Reznorist

01-19-2011

The epic tale of how Twitch rinses and becomes the most feared hero of all the land, hardly anyone can face him. Then through nerf monsters cast a spell on him to a walking site ward.

But seriously Jax. Jax is referenced in DotA in an item. So I think he has the background to be the one they follow.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorist View Post
The epic tale of how Twitch rinses and becomes the most feared hero of all the land, hardly anyone can face him. Then through nerf monsters cast a spell on him to a walking site ward.

But seriously Jax. Jax is referenced in DotA in an item. So I think he has the background to be the one they follow.
I could see Twitch taking over the world with giant mutated rats. Like how the Skaven from Warhammer could take take out all the other races easily, if they simply stopped starting wars with each other. =)

Jax is still the biggest mystery in the game, so learning his backstory would be nice.

I like the idea of following Shen around for one of his "assignments". He travels around the world like Ezreal, but he does it to maintain the equilibrium, not black and white reasons like good and evil. It'd be interesting to see what his duty requires him to do in order to keep this balance.

NickNakamura

01-20-2011

A book would hopefully have multiple protagonists and tell the story from many perspectives (preferably from the angle of each faction; Bandle City, Ionia, Bilgewater, Noxus, Demacia, etc.). Garen, Kat, Ashe, Trynd, and Trist would be good options for the main character of their respective factions, as they fit the role, but the protagonist role is interchangable. The champs affiliated with each faction would probably be supporting characters (Cass and Swain for Noxus, Lux and Xin for Demacia, Teemo and perhaps Veigar for Bandle City, etc.). The Void story would probably be covered as well, so Cho, Kog, Malz, and Kass would be the center of attention. Hopefully many of the independent champs (Fiddle, Morde, Vlad, etc.) would get their story covered as well, and many mysterious champs like Jax would have their secrets revealed.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazlam View Post
Personally, the most interesting stories aren't always the broadest. Sure, Ezreal gets around and adventures, but wouldn't that mean we'd have to settle with partial knowledge of every event? By that I mean, he's not going to be everywhere at once and see every event through, he has to either limit his involvement in order to explore a broader range of events, or he has to exclude himself from most of them entirely!

Well, if he limits his involvement, we'll never get to see every integral detail, and probably miss out on a lot of behind the scenes action, be it political, romantic, or other. If we go with the idea that he sees events through to the end and ignores other events entirely, then he'd be as good a candidate as any other champion, with respect to the amount and intrigue of events.

With that said, any favorite character can be viable. My latest favorite being Shen, I'd have to argue for Shen. He sneaks around in the shadows, magically teleports with his ninja skills, dashs through walls, and has an endless supply of Vorpal Blades to throw at the unsuspecting. I'd really like to know how he manages all that with just a mastery of human energy.

tldr; Shen.
While I agree broad isn't always best, and it would be great to get multiple perspectives. But if we're only given one perspective, I want to learn a little bit of everything. =)

That's pretty much the main reason I picked Ezreal, since he doesn't really have a stake in anything. Sure he's slightly more aligned with "good", but all he really wants to do is find things, and that takes him to all sorts of places.

Like Drake from Uncharted, Shepard from Mass Effect, Ramza from FF Tactics, etc., Ezreal does his own thing. He's not tied down to politics, and just does what he thinks is best. I usually find those characters to be the most interesting. =)

"Sounds dangerous....I'm in!"

Riot EdwinMols

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Very cool thread - I think that most likely answer is (as some people have said) that they would write from multiple perspectives, in a third-person omniscient perspective, or try to tell a complete story through separate short stories that could be told from a variety of perspectives.

Even more important, I think, would be the conflict around which the book would revolve. Would they use a previously developed source of conflict, such as a historical tale of the Rune Wars and the formation of the League, or use a current source of conflict such as the ever-encroaching Void? Would they instead invent a new source of conflict, contrived specifically for the book?

The "main character(s)" would be largely be chosen by the conflict of the story arc. Personally, would love to see something from the perspective of the Adjudicator, the person/people that judge the champions as they join the league. Man, my mind is racing now, I'm so inspired! Might go out and write this myself...

tldr; too bad.

SethCypher

01-21-2011

Another interesting suggestion is that a new champion would be conceptualized specifically for story purposes. This said champion though would not appear in gameplay because his journey has been told, his goals have been achieved, he has no need to enter/stay in the League.

azombiespants

01-21-2011

I think it's quite obvious that the shopkeeper is the main character. Going off on an adventure when the shopkeeping life becomes to much of a bore, he is THE mover and shaker of Runterra.

VoidBro

01-21-2011

Garen because he has the very heroic stereotype in him with Ezreal or Lux as the secondary protagonist.
Villain probably Veigar or Karthus.

Dunkelzahn

01-21-2011

Villain-wise, Malzahar would be the closest the game's world has to an overarching supervillain.