Release Notes v1.0.0.70

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grake

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubout View Post
What Highlander used to do:

Yi with no +% aspd items uses Lv1 Highlander (+30% multi), his aspd becomes 100% * 130% = 130%.
Yi with +50% aspd from items uses Lv2 Highlander (+50% multi), his aspd becomes 150% * 150% = 225%.
Yi with +100% aspd from items uses Lv3 Highlander (+70% multi), his aspd becomes 200% * 170% = 340%.
Yi with +140% aspd from items uses Lv3 Highlander (+70% multi), his aspd becomes 240% * 170% = 408%.
(Yi hits the attack speed cap at 358% anyway)

What Highlander does now:

Yi with no +% aspd items uses Lv1 Highlander (+40% additive), his aspd becomes 100% + 40% = 140%.
Yi with +50% aspd from items uses Lv2 Highlander (+60% additive), his aspd becomes 150% + 60% = 210%.
Yi with +100% aspd from items uses Lv3 Highlander (+80% additive), his aspd becomes 200% + 80% = 280%.
Yi with +140% aspd from items uses Lv3 Highlander (+80% additive), his aspd becomes 240% + 80% = 320%

It's a slight buff until you hit around +30% from items. Then it's a nerf, becoming more serious as you pump more aspd... and then suddenly less serious as you start to approach the attack speed cap.
I see. I knew i was very likely missing a key component to that system. Thanks :P

Suggestions

01-12-2010

Riot did you guys forget about Zilean. Making his mana cost lower wont make him an option in high end games. Thats not really the problem. I think the only real fix to make him viable would be changing at least one of his abilities and reducing his CD. Give him some more love please...

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Yi is actually a huge nerf.

Multiplicative means it multiplies his total attack speed (base attack speed + attack speed items, runes, buffs, etc). Additive now means that it only buffs his total attack speed by a multiple of his base attack speed (which is presumably 0.6 or so?). What this means is that it will require a lot more attack speed from items and the like in order to reach attack speed cap, 2.5.

Yi's problem was that he was too strong late game because he could easily hit 2.5 attack speed and still stack damage instead of attack speed. This is no longer the case.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyatomorrow View Post
Yi is actually a huge nerf.

Multiplicative means it multiplies his total attack speed (base attack speed + attack speed items, runes, buffs, etc). Additive now means that it only buffs his total attack speed by a multiple of his base attack speed (which is presumably 0.6 or so?). What this means is that it will require a lot more attack speed from items and the like in order to reach attack speed cap, 2.5.

Yi's problem was that he was too strong late game because he could easily hit 2.5 attack speed and still stack damage instead of attack speed. This is no longer the case.
You just enlightened me thanks and +1 for you

McComb

01-12-2010

I like this patch.
The delay on neutral spawn is a relief.
You can now just wait peacefuly for minion spawn on your lane.
The 15 sec delay will make you lose exp from 1st wave if you try to grab Golem or lizard buff.
Before you could get golem or lizard and go to your lane without losing exp from 1st wave.

Vicarious

Adjudicator

01-12-2010

whats considered a chronic leaver? the only thing this is gonna do is increase the amount of leavers. more rage quits for the lose.

Falathar

01-12-2010

So does this mean the changes to spirit visage, frozen heart, and frozen mallet aren't being pushed through?

For reference from the test realm patch notes:

Frozen Heart

Frozen Heart upgrade cost increased to 600, from 425
Frozen Heart attack speed slow aura reduced to 20% from 25%, but applies to their total attack speed. This results in less effect against slow-attacking targets, and more effect against fast-attacking targets

Frozen Mallet

Frozen Mallet slow duration reduced to 2 sec from 2.5 sec.

Spirit Visage

Upgrade cost increased to 700, from 600
Flat health regeneration reduced to 18, from 25
Now increases all healing and regeneration by 30%

Kargonite

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
Jesus Riot, you really haven't been listening to your player base. Next time, pay attention to the people who pay your bills and don't royally screw up the next update.

FYI The biggest problems going on in your game right now DO NOT INVOLVE level 1 dragon fights. You just killed probably one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of the game.

A word to the wise: Reduce Twitch's ultimate range so that towers and the oracle elixir are once again viable. Increase the cost of Executioner's Calling because it is horribly inexpensive and overpowered for the price as is. And finally, SERIOUSLY reconsider the instant cooldown capability of Yi's ultimate.

Pay attention to the forums or this game will fail just as hard as DotA.

Didn't know I was paying anyone's bills! Was also unaware that DotA was a failture.

Thenris

01-12-2010

Overall not bad... would have rather seen a range decrease on twitches ult to say... 750ish..... but whatever. Will have to see how it plays out. I really do not understand the katarina nerf whatsoever though. I really don't think it was needed, as she was only borderline usable in better play, before. I don't see her being very useful at all now. Otherwise ok changes I guess.

nicosharp

01-12-2010

and nothing at all addressing the FPS issues many people are experiencing. I guess I might as well give up on this game.