Release Notes v1.0.0.70

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Techno Stud

01-12-2010

Jesus Riot, you really haven't been listening to your player base. Next time, pay attention to the people who pay your bills and don't royally screw up the next update.

FYI The biggest problems going on in your game right now DO NOT INVOLVE level 1 dragon fights. You just killed probably one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of the game.

A word to the wise: Reduce Twitch's ultimate range so that towers and the oracle elixir are once again viable. Increase the cost of Executioner's Calling because it is horribly inexpensive and overpowered for the price as is. And finally, SERIOUSLY reconsider the instant cooldown capability of Yi's ultimate.

Pay attention to the forums or this game will fail just as hard as DotA.

boy83

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Sadly completely agree with this post. I often hear the "its a free game arguement", but most players will and have played money myself included. Adding more reskins to temo is not what will attract more dedicated (PAYING) players. We really need some redesign on the current characters, not just these percent tweaks. (ahem kayle's ult, twitch's ult... add those two together and its a miracle to win).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
For such a long wait time. this patch is the worst in a long time. probably the worst since i started in august. After an entire month, there is nothing to show for but some tweaks and fixes that aren't ultimately ruining this game. I love the game but this is a tiny patch, especially for a month and it is definately not worth the wait. I am very disappointed with what Riot is putting out. Good tweaks but not the changes that need to happen. Twitch is still going to rock every game that he is in, especially in high ELO. It has nothing to do with his ulti AS bonus. Yi hits the max AS constantly but at the cost of having to be in close. Twitch gets to do it out of tower range, with aoe, with stackable on hit debuffs, and an ability to make it do more when its done, all at max attack speed because twitch already gets a big AS buff from stealth. This is just one of the many concerns that are keeping this patch from actually doing something to fix the real problems. Fail Riot. I've never once had to flame about something Riot did but this is just pitiful for a month of work, even with the holidays.

x OZ x

01-12-2010

nice patch,except for Janna (my main champ),she doesn`t need instant casts,eye of the storm works perfectly like this,she needs to be more effective at endgame and a little help lvling (farm with Janna is really painful and even with extra exp from ability still very hard keep up with the group) ,a better ap scale on howling gale would be much better imo.

eye of the storm could get a better change:
shield(only at lvl 5) janna 100% or someone else 100% AND Janna 40%,because if after 30 mins you don`t shield yourself you become squishy like all the other casters but with 50% less AP power than them.

Bloodba7h

01-12-2010

This patch is good. I can't see any glaring problems with it and until we get used to (yet another!) metagame, most of us can't comment past theorycrafting.

To the whiners: Try it out before you flame Riot. Your opinions, however strongly you feel about them, should probably be more balanced and you should take a "wait and see" attitude.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
You mean the still popular mod with high level tournaments with large cash prizes?

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTooth View Post
WHy in gods name would you decrease the cd on shaco's deceive? The toon is already incredibly hard to chase and you are just making it even harder. I find this to be dumb.

And nerfing Udyr's bear form is stupid.
As stated this is actually quite a big nerf. Previously the instant he cast the spell it started on cooldown...so half his cooldown could be spent in stealth which let him cast it way too fast when he popped out.

Now it doesnt start cooldown until he pops out...so even though its shorter its actually MUCH longer ...

Danziger

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
Jesus Riot, you really haven't been listening to your player base. Next time, pay attention to the people who pay your bills and don't royally screw up the next update.

FYI The biggest problems going on in your game right now DO NOT INVOLVE level 1 dragon fights. You just killed probably one of the most fun and entertaining aspects of the game.

A word to the wise: Reduce Twitch's ultimate range so that towers and the oracle elixir are once again viable. Increase the cost of Executioner's Calling because it is horribly inexpensive and overpowered for the price as is. And finally, SERIOUSLY reconsider the instant cooldown capability of Yi's ultimate.

Signed

Selenite

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Doran's Blade, imo seems pretty interesting with the added lifesteal.
I want to see how Shaco is going to work after this patch, as well as Poppy.

Lawful Cupcake

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech View Post
Run speed nerfed. That is BIG.
Honestly, I don't think it's too big of a deal. Bear is for two things, IMO: Gtfo stance (rapid switch between Turtle and Bear) and ganking. if you can't catch them in the amount of time a lotted, then you leave, because that means the other four will show up and own you.

And if you have move speed issues with Udyr, you can always try the cheapest build of all time: Boots of Mobility and 5 Zeals -> Dancers

Tooth and Nail

01-12-2010

for the most part the patch is pretty sweet, but I would have like to see a more prominent Twitch nerf. Seriously Riot, you need to get working on that.