Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

how to get ip fast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxsyderxX

01-19-2011

im new 2 the game and wanted to know how to get ip fast??? im lvl 5 and only been on 3 v 3 and lose a couple matches and win some...i get about 50-80 ip a match.

Syder in the heeze

Arrlaari

01-19-2011

Quote:
XxsyderxX:
im new 2 the game and wanted to know how to get ip fast??? im lvl 5 and only been on 3 v 3 and lose a couple matches and win some...i get about 50-80 ip a match.

Syder in the heeze

Currently 3v3 matches take significant penalties to IP and XP generation. I strongly recommend sticking to 5v5 for as long as IP is an issue for you.

By far the most time efficient IP generator is your first win of the day. After that "IP farm" games are reasonably efficient IF you learn how to reliably break the nexus between the 11th and 12th minute marks - note that practice games which end before 11 minutes do not give IP. (Having 2-3 range characters mid, rather than the 1/1/2/jungle or 2/1/2 setup traditional in player matches, is very helpful in maintaining a reliable 11 min farm).

Also, I'm told that sticking to tier 1 runes until level 20 gives you a reasonable head start on IP with a low penalty in power relative to your peers. Switching to a higher tier of runes is going to cost a lot of IP.
Personally I recommend filling all your non-quintessence slots with tier 1 mana regen / level runes until you hit 20.

C H E R R I O T

01-19-2011

Well, to get IP fast,

Farm it, in custom games with other players, usually last 11-20 minutes each.

Use IP Boosts, it will get double the IP each game. (To get these, Recruit people! It's always fun to play with friends!)

Play normal games, they have a 150 point boost for first wins of the day! (isn't that great?)

Hope this helps.

Edit:

IMO Tier 1&2 runes are a waste of IP, so just hold off until your summoner level is 20+ and get Tier 3 runes and you will have a good amount of IP to start off a good Rune Page.

Ender A Wiggin

01-19-2011

If you have 1350 IP and are willing to invest in the best IP farmer in the game, buy Dr. Mundo. Create a 1 v 1 practice game against a bot, max out your E, start with a regen pendant, and push mid lane all the way to the nexus. You should be able to accomplish this in under 9 minutes with experience. Runes or masteries are not needed.

NOTE: The minimum amount of time required to receive IP for a match is 11 minutes! So make sure you do not destroy the nexus until 11 minutes has passed! Additionally, you may only gain IP for 6 practice matches per day.

Fendral

01-19-2011

I hear they have a wonderful exchange rate for first born ---> IP. Look into it =P

Stillhart

01-19-2011

Quote:
Ender D Wiggin:
If you have 1350 IP and are willing to invest in the best IP farmer in the game, buy Dr. Mundo. Create a 1 v 1 practice game against a bot, max out your E, start with a regen pendant, and push mid lane all the way to the nexus. You should be able to accomplish this in under 9 minutes with experience. Runes or masteries are not needed.

NOTE: The minimum amount of time required to receive IP for a match is 11 minutes! So make sure you do not destroy the nexus until 11 minutes has passed! Additionally, you may only gain IP for 6 practice matches per day.

Yi is as fast, if not faster, and only costs 450. :P

Skarret

01-19-2011

i keep spendiing ip on 1350 champs i cant stop and i sooooooo want renekton although i want tf huge ip difference

Damieh

02-07-2011

Quote:
Stillhart:
Yi is as fast, if not faster, and only costs 450. :P

Tristana can do it easily under 10 minutes, so 11 is a piece of cake, besides, she's the only free champion in the game =).

But.. if you want even easier, spend 450 on sivir.. she's hands down the fastest, and even if she isn't, overall she's the easier and cheaper one.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-07-2011

Please don't necro threads without anything meaningful to add. (The thread was essentially resolved, and if the OP had any additional questions he would have asked.)