Renekton Guide - Tank Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mordaine

01-21-2011

Don't know about you guys but I go like this
Beginning - Cloth Armor and 5 pots
First retreat - Madred's Razor and boots if I have money

After - I transform the Madred's Razor in to Wriggle's Lantern and complete Ionia's Boots

Then I try and make Madred's Bloodrazor while farming the woods since its simple now.

When I get into a fight I wait rely on my ultimate to decimate my opponents and if I have Bloodrazor thats a breeze. Also the next Item after Bloodrazor is Black Cleaver or vice-versa, get the cleaver and after Bloodrazor. When I'm done with these I go for Infinity Edge or Mallet, depends on how the game went. 80% of the times I don't get to make the last item because the game is already over and my build made its presence felt since I can kill most of my opponents with ease while ultimate up. Try it out and see for yourself, all you need to do is farm well and know when to stick in a fight so you don't die and get kills.

The main problem I found with this hero is that most of the time its a one-way ticket, you enter the fight but you find yourself so useful in the middle of it that you forget to leave it when you get low and thats when you die, thats what happens to me.

Smellis

01-21-2011

Good guide, a little too tanky imo because you do need to be able to knock people's health down but almost just right. Have you tried out black cleaver + ghost blade for your 2 dps items then building the rest tanky hybrid items?

Benalicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

it's CULL the meek. Not Call of the meek.

ZXPrototype

01-21-2011

Looked at item build, One recent game I was left alone to farm.... 250 creep kills by end. Once item slots are full and you are still generating income (hey its possible, hes really good at doing that), definetely sell the spirit visage. Late game the "tankyness" it proves is indistinguishable from an actual tank item like randuins or GA.

omega369

01-25-2011

I will update guide after Renekton gets fixed and buffed. As of now, with the MR bug and other glaring problems in his champion design, he is not viable for play.

Atromar

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Ever hear of the saying "Abiding in the midst of ignorance, thinking themselves wise and learned, fools go aimlessly hither and thither, like blind led by the blind." ?
I haven't heard this full quote but I like it

I don't play High elo ranked matches to be able to contribute a lot to a Renekton guide, however I just see so many Renektons play this way and their damage output is laughable end game. Don't get me wrong, they can double dash, stun, heal and are hard to kill but he never becomes my focus target when built this way.

It seems like a lot of players who pick Renekton don't seem to recognize how much damage his Ruthless Predator (W) truly does. Instead, their focus is on Cull the Meek (Q) and buffing the amount healed, which is not a terrible idea but in comparison to an attack that can deal an additional 225% AD you can quickly focus a carry, or caster and have them at half health in one W and while they are stunned to chip away at more of their life until you either kill them or they have to retreat (chances are they will die). I know his Dominus (R) is not meant to instantly create a super tank, however in early and mid game this spell can add immense survivability, due to his increased health, his AE ticking and his passive fury generation, which can further fuel tougher Cull the Meeks, or 225% Ruthless predator swings.

For this reason, as long as my team has a healthy beefy tank I've always tried to stack some quick high damage and sneak out a few early game kills and get a bit fed before I need to worry about surviving in an end game team fight. If I am controlling the map and have a decent number of kills and decently leveled, I can generate enough gold to purchase those high AD items and then worry about some survivability if the game progresses to late.

Myster2

01-31-2011

Does anyone know if W can crit strike? It sounds like it can't from what i've read in here but I just wanted to check and be sure...

Siky

01-31-2011

It can't crit.

Flygoniq

02-02-2011

This guide has good intentions, but to be honest, I don't really understand the complaints people have with Renekton.

I facerolled the opponents in just about every game I've played. His skills have amazing utility (for himself, though, mostly). The empowered versions of the skills are more powerful than opponents expect, and it surprises them, because Renekton is effectively ungankable unless there are at least 3 immobilizing CCs. I was forced to 1v1 solo vs a Cho Gath, and after a while, we both dropped to about half HP. His Shaco ganked, I went giddy with glee, popped my ult and got a nice little double kill.

Renekton's damage output is respectable in the early stages without any items, therefore, I focus on adding survivability first, which I combine with CDR. Starting Doran's blade, I build Heart of Gold, Merc Treads (Never CDR boots, you'll see why) or Ninja Tabi. The Brutalizer comes next, for the reasons you stated. This is followed up by Spirit Visage and Randuin's Omen, and then I complete his Youmuu's Ghostblade. This Cooldown reduction comes out to 35%, which I personally finish off with runes, as 1 I have nothing better to do with his Glyph spots and 2 I use 0-21-9 masteries with Greed, so no room for CDR there.

During a large teamfight, I dash in, stun the greatest threat in a plausible range, spin, and pop my ult. I am usually the 1st or 2nd (This build provides so much Survivability that I end up more of a Tank than Offtank) in, but I almost always come out alive. Renekton's abilities, once again, just do a large amount of damage with JUST the Brutalizer or no items at all. Timing his fury is also important, especially with his ult on. It isn't often that I elect to use the empowered bonus on his dash, the stun is usually the most viable during a teamfight, because the 1.5 second easy stun is just so much more useful for your true DPS carries it's not funny. After the core build, the final 2 items depend on your team more than the enemy team. If your team has a tank, I'd recommend going for 2 more AD items. I prefer BloodThirster finished off by the Black Cleaver. If you're forced to be the main tank of your team build Warmogs and an appropriate Armor/MR item (not more HP please). Renekton's survivability as a tank is interesting, as his mobility with his constant double dashing is confusing, while your Q now heals you quadruple against champions, making him even more survivable in the middle of the enemy team. His ult just has that OMGWTFBBQ WE HAVE TO KILL GIANT CROCODILE FIRST (even though factoring in BASE magic resist your ult at level 16 will only do around, like, 60-70 damage per second)!!!

Killlu123123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-09-2011

i think renekton should be build full tank... no point in going a bit damage like these guys are going because he still loses out to the people who are true dps and true carries.. plus he doesn't have enough CC why not build him all tank therefore u still get that massive damage output plus a greater ability to be sustained in lane...