Renekton Guide - Tank Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omega369

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
But you yourself are a new player, there's no way you have enough information after ONE day to write any guide.

Ever hear of the saying "Abiding in the midst of ignorance, thinking themselves wise and learned, fools go aimlessly hither and thither, like blind led by the blind." ?
I've already stated this but I guess I'll re-post for those who cant read.

"Its been tested and will continue to be tested and updated accordingly. It is impossible to make a perfect guide 1 day after the champion's release. This guide is intended to be used as a reference for new players who might need help with this hero. "

This guide is a matter of opinion (backed-up with hopefully good facts) and my take on how to play this champ. If you choose to follow it, that's great. If not, that's okay too.

Tomzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Nope, you didn't say he was a warrior, but you inferred that rage = fury, or that the idea was stolen.
If we're picking holes, infer would mean he had deduced his point from a statement or from circumstancial evidence. The word you were looking for is insinuate, which would mean the point was implied in a non-explicit manner.

Unless you believe "(World of Warcraft anyone?)" is a statement making any deductions or conclusions, rather than a straight up compairson, in which case you interperate the language in a very different way to me, as without the addition of tone or body language or external context I would not try and read into the subtle nuances or subtexts of such a quote so deeply as to be able to misunderstand the point.

TLDR; If you're gonig to pick someone's hard work apart, at least do it properly.

Redenbacher

01-19-2011

Interpretation based on past, and current context can easily result in a misinterpretation of intent. As I stated, the OP may have not intended it to sound that way, but based on the general attitude of the Fury system's reception, that's how I interpreted it.

Regardless, I concede to your literal expertise. I stand corrected, and you may now proceed to address me with a shameful finger.

TL;DR on 3 sentences? That's harsh!

cr0wley

01-19-2011

I remember when I thought it was cool to unleash my vocabulary on a public audience that neither wanted or cared for it.

Save the "high-speak" for some place where it actually fits. It's tiring to imagine people actually talking like that in this sort of environment.

Back to the topic at hand, which is Renekton.

I like where this is going, but I feel that this is sacrificing a bit too much damage. If you're going for a slight focus on survivability items, then I think you really need to have more points in Offensive Masteries.

Honestly, for now, I think Phreak's build is one of the best until he can be experimented with more.

omega369

01-19-2011

bump

xxSylphxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I really need some help with this guy. Tried a few of the suggestions here - I just fall apart, ridiculously quickly. I'll E into a fight, W their carry, then as I'm about to E out again, my screen goes grey... You have been slain...

Building survivability seems essential, but even when I do, I drop in a split-second. I'm really not sure how to fight properly with renekton. Akali has her stealth bubble, or her long range dash, so people aren't ready for her. I need help getting renekton in and out of the fight so that he can burst properly, but even with full tank build, he barely manages it, and does next to zero damage.

Youmoo's helps in the ganking phase, but I'm trouble by the end-game team fights... Are we supposed to be hanging back, ashe-style, with renekton, then charging in after our team has committed to a fight, to apply a little of that tank-build damage (ie, almost nothing) before running off again?

Helbracht

01-19-2011

Hey omega, word up to my home slice. Nice guide.

Rhynox78

01-19-2011

I posted in the other thread as well, and the main concern is that this character is a lot like Warwick, all he needs is 1 dps item then you need to survive, the best item for this would be the ghostblade, it has everything Ren needs, CDR, damage, and a movement active, from there you absolutley need survivability, I mean no other hero end game has the harass and stun ability such as Ren, not to mention an amazing group ult. You have a huge pbaoe that heals and hurts other champs quite abit and if you get the 40% CDR ends up being 5ish sec CD, your W ends up being a 5 sec CD stun which is amazing in teamfights, and an E that allows you to charge into the carry or other squishie, and even save a friendly. CDR is the biggest stat Ren needs no matter how you build him. If you really want to just DPS just build like 4 Bloodthirsters and boot and a GA but youd still die after your first E, this guy is a great melee support and most people do not realize this.

omega369

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helbracht View Post
Hey omega, word up to my home slice. Nice guide.
Thanks bro

On a side note, I have found that it is possible to jungle from lvl 1 by using a fortitude potion. Will be adding jungle section soon.

Also, life-steal apparently works off his Q, W, and E spells, which in conjunction with jungling, massively increases the viability of wriggles lantern.

FreeBeers

01-20-2011

for starting items...if you plan on building a visage, it's really easy to lane with just a ruby crystal and his Q. I've also done boots1 with 3 hp pots and it works easy too, just depends on how much you wanna harrass.