Ideal Lane-mate for Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

01-12-2010

Thanks everyone.

Tried a game with Ryze, when up against Kass and another Alistar. It's probably me, but I felt like Ryze early was too week to farm much and once I got the ultimate the other Alistar and Kass were too "meaty" to gank. Ryze blows his load and then kind of just sits there...

I kind of feel the same way about Tryndamere as I do Yi, he'll finish great, but if you can't get him going early it's a lost cause. Niether him or Alistar farm well if harassed, which is almost guaranteed. At least it feels like that to me.

Annie isn't considered a carry is she? Looks like I'll get to try some decent combos with him next rotation.
Gonna try Ashe I think. Those I've played against seem to be really annoying and get quite powerful without much effort.

zanitonium

01-12-2010

Tyrn should be stacking crit chance and get snare early.

Bring the buffed version of exhaust for the armor debuff, you can't really go wrong here.

Yi's problem is he has no way of keeping someone slowed once the exhaust wears off and on tanks and meaty characters you'll often see them wander back towards their tower with a 1/16th health... in which case you can pop your ult (if its past level 6) and tank the tower while yi last hits your opponent ... which is risky, or if your headbutt is up finish him off.. which defeats the purpose of feeding Yi. The latter is sadly the best option but its still better to have one of the other carries listed.

Annie isn't a carry, she just has a ridiculously amazing mid game when everyone has low MR, its viable to feed her in your lane with the thought of finishing the game early. It works.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
Thanks everyone.

Tried a game with Ryze, when up against Kass and another Alistar. It's probably me, but I felt like Ryze early was too week to farm much and once I got the ultimate the other Alistar and Kass were too "meaty" to gank. Ryze blows his load and then kind of just sits there...

I kind of feel the same way about Tryndamere as I do Yi, he'll finish great, but if you can't get him going early it's a lost cause. Niether him or Alistar farm well if harassed, which is almost guaranteed. At least it feels like that to me.

Annie isn't considered a carry is she? Looks like I'll get to try some decent combos with him next rotation.
Gonna try Ashe I think. Those I've played against seem to be really annoying and get quite powerful without much effort.
I would also recommend Blitz as a laning partner for Alistar. Some players /facepalm when they must face this combo. I know I do. You guys should get first blood if Blitz is good at aiming his grab.

Anyways, to answer some of your other questions, Annie isn't exactly a carry, but she's amazing burst magic DPS, especially early-mid game. Many Annies can get close to or even above 10 kills before level 8-9.

Ashe is devastating in the right hands and doesn't have a high learning curve, but is squishy just like Annie.

I hope some of this helps you decide who to play, but remember to have fun!

HanzGruber

01-12-2010

No mention of Heimerdinger here? Among healing his turrets, punting enemies into his turrets, and stunning enemies in front of his turrets, there should be no problem controlling your lane early in the game. With a little patience, you can continue your push all the way to their base and hold the lane closed indefinately.

The opposing team really only has one option, gang up on your lane. Alistar stuns, punts, and uses his ultimate while Heimerdinger makes his escape. Meanwhile, said opponents lose control of the other lanes. Seriously, try it.