[Guide] DPS Tristana Proof that good things do come in small packages!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killorder

03-01-2010

I posted this on another thread but found out that that threat had dies so im gunna repost it on this one so people can c the way i play and i can know what other people think. thanks

First off HI!!

I have read this post and have found that I play nothing like what most of you do. Yet for you guys it seems to work. Trist was the third toon i played. After i played 2 games with her i kinda fell in love with the midget. She is by far (in my opinion) one of the best toons. But at the same time can be the worst too.

I've played Trist basically since i understood hw to play and what i needed to do to win. I of course almost always play mid. and like some of you stated further up that i like to keep the oppenent against their turret. But my itemization and rune system is completely different than any of yours. I go for Tiamat first (buying the HP/MP portion of it off the bat) The reason for this: almost every time after i have goten Tiamat i almost always get the last hit on the mobs and it gives me a large change of making the targets explode and hurting my enemy. the fact that Tiamat gives u a bit of almost everything you are all saying is really nice and very effective fro clearing the lane.

The second items i go for are the Mislady and The Bloodthirster. Simple reason that tiamat worsk with both in the lifegain part and AP and haste are nice to have. After that is when i go for the Infinity Edge and then Phantom Dancer.

Its kind of easy to c how much i like the ability to attack faster and thats y when i runed i did the best i could to stack attack speed. All of my marks and seals are attack speed and all of my Glyphs are cood down reduction (which i'm thinking about switching out for something else)

Yes of course i dont hit nearly as hard as other people but thats ok, cuz i attack 2-3 times faster which makes up for it and when i crit hes still hits hard, specialy aftr i get bloodthirster and Infinity edge.

Knowing that im a glass cannon doesnt stop me. im a very intense player and like to go for kills and spend as little down time. I really like to mence my oppenent more than anything and then jump in for the kill using Rocket Jump and my Ult.

My biggest problem is healers and people that have bubbles that stop my dmg, but who playing trist doesnt have that problem. Use Rocket jump and get the hell out of dodge. In na decent game where things are evenly matched for me i usualy get abour 12-14 kills and about 5-10 deaths (depends on if im being targeted alot or caught off guard) very few games will i have more deaths than kills or assists.

For anyone that has any ideas of good Glyphs to put in please let me know as im still trying to play around with it.

With my build/rune set up/ and itemization i dont loose to many 1v1 fights and sometimes i can kill 2-3 players at once cuz of rocket jump. It depends on how you play and how well you know the way ur enemy plays later in the game.

Thank you for reading and again this is how i play and my oppinion, your welcome to critque me all you want but i will most like have some sort of argument. =) thank you again have a nice day

Edit: I did read this guide and i did take alot of information out of it. it was very helpfull in many ways and i went home and tried a few, some worked some didnt, at least for me. i had no intention of hijacking his thread, this was mearly a chance for me to take what the original poster is saying and what other poster where saying and try to apply it to a toon and c what other people had thought

idecline

03-01-2010

Nice guide, +1

One thing - I think that you forgot to edit this part after you edited your summoner spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzle View Post
Head to your lane, harass their heroes, stay alive, try to get a kill or two when the opportunity presents itself by using exploding shot + an auto attack to get opponents low, then Rocket Jump + rally should = death.
You mean to replace Rally with Exhaust, I think.

And I agree with the previous posters re: tri force.

Also, I agree re: getting dmg items early. I play Trist a fair amount and I like to get a BF sword 3rd (after my starting item and boots).

idecline

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killorder View Post
I posted this on another thread but found out that that threat had dies so im gunna repost it on this one so people can c the way i play and i can know what other people think. thanks

First off HI!!

I have read this post and have found that I play nothing like what most of you do. Yet for you guys it seems to work. Trist was the third toon i played. After i played 2 games with her i kinda fell in love with the midget. She is by far (in my opinion) one of the best toons. But at the same time can be the worst too.

I've played Trist basically since i understood hw to play and what i needed to do to win. I of course almost always play mid. and like some of you stated further up that i like to keep the oppenent against their turret. But my itemization and rune system is completely different than any of yours. I go for Tiamat first (buying the HP/MP portion of it off the bat) The reason for this: almost every time after i have goten Tiamat i almost always get the last hit on the mobs and it gives me a large change of making the targets explode and hurting my enemy. the fact that Tiamat gives u a bit of almost everything you are all saying is really nice and very effective fro clearing the lane.

The second items i go for are the Mislady and The Bloodthirster. Simple reason that tiamat worsk with both in the lifegain part and AP and haste are nice to have. After that is when i go for the Infinity Edge and then Phantom Dancer.

Its kind of easy to c how much i like the ability to attack faster and thats y when i runed i did the best i could to stack attack speed. All of my marks and seals are attack speed and all of my Glyphs are cood down reduction (which i'm thinking about switching out for something else)

Yes of course i dont hit nearly as hard as other people but thats ok, cuz i attack 2-3 times faster which makes up for it and when i crit hes still hits hard, specialy aftr i get bloodthirster and Infinity edge.

Knowing that im a glass cannon doesnt stop me. im a very intense player and like to go for kills and spend as little down time. I really like to mence my oppenent more than anything and then jump in for the kill using Rocket Jump and my Ult.

My biggest problem is healers and people that have bubbles that stop my dmg, but who playing trist doesnt have that problem. Use Rocket jump and get the hell out of dodge. In na decent game where things are evenly matched for me i usualy get abour 12-14 kills and about 5-10 deaths (depends on if im being targeted alot or caught off guard) very few games will i have more deaths than kills or assists.

For anyone that has any ideas of good Glyphs to put in please let me know as im still trying to play around with it.

With my build/rune set up/ and itemization i dont loose to many 1v1 fights and sometimes i can kill 2-3 players at once cuz of rocket jump. It depends on how you play and how well you know the way ur enemy plays later in the game.

Thank you for reading and again this is how i play and my oppinion, your welcome to critque me all you want but i will most like have some sort of argument. =) thank you again have a nice day
I think the right thing to do would be to start a new thread, unless you are responding to the OP - which i don't think you are doing.

Don't try to hijack this kid's guide.

Killorder

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by idecline View Post
I think the right thing to do would be to start a new thread, unless you are responding to the OP - which i don't think you are doing.

Don't try to hijack this kid's guide.

wow really...hijacking someones thread...no i thought the purpose of a thread was to c the differences of what the guy is saying and how to improve my game...

so with that being said i read his thread and got alot of information out of it and im going to try a few new things now but that does not mean i cant put my game play up and c how other peolpe veiw the way i play.

a few posts up people are talking bout attack speed builds and life steal so this is me asking how my attack speed/life steal built is. not hijacking someones thread.

there is no reason to accuse me of doing so either.

thank you

would it have killed you to just say hey i think ur on the right/wrong track, try this or this, instead of upsetting someone you have never met that is looking for help...way to go

The Dizzle

03-03-2010

Ahh whoops yes, I did mean to replace Rally with Exhaust.

I have always wondered about Tiamat on Tristana but felt it was kind of overkill with her exploding shot already taking care of an AoE on creeps. Once you hit level 10-12 you should be clearing creep waves and getting pretty much every single last hit on the creeps. As for the rest of your build its not bad. This hero is all preference and my guide definitely isn't something you should follow word for word, its just how I've played her and gotten a ****ton of wins using this.

I actually have changed my build on her a bit lately. I go for boots of mobility for the movespeed to roam around the map and gank. My starting item is rejuv bead + 4 heal pots and 2 mana pots (or a doran's blade and 1 heal pot). This allows you to harass really well and stay in lane until you have enough to go back and buy your level 1 boots and a BF sword and emblem of valor. then boots of mobility, and finish infin edge. Get a madred's, and then just melt some faces. One thing I am planning on trying out on trist later tonight is a Guinsoo's. I think it could be a good item on her after you get the infin edge. I would skip the malady on trist. Its an ok item, but that $ is better spent on other items. Other than that you really can't go wrong stacking attack damage and attack speed, although I would put more of an emphasis on the attack damage than the attack speed.

As for your runes, armor pen or crit strike for red (totally preference, I have full armor pen), dodge or attack speed or hp for yellow (preference again, I have mainly dodge with some hp), and blue is full cooldown reduction.

Hope this helps, and play her however you get the best results.

Killorder

03-04-2010

I played a game last night were i was 28-5-3 cuz i tried a new item spec and ive been changing out some runes to mach it. im leaving all my runes Attack speed, but changing my yellow runes to +crit chance and maybe a essance to + crit, but its the items that i think did it for me

in this order i got Executioner's Calling, Tiamat, Beserkers Greaves, Infinity Edge, The Black Cleaver, and The Bloodthirster

that combination i was hiting plp for 900 crits and at end game i was 2-3 shoting everyone on the map but the new Mord guy. It was rather nice.

i also invested in a HP pot right at the begining too with the crit gloves while making Exe Calling

thank you for the help as after reading your guide it has help me a bit as before i thought Attack Speed b4 crit but now im finding crit is really really nice

im still having a hard time with armor pen as really the only people that you need to worry about with that is tanks and most times the build i have is good but i may get Black cleaver sooner then everything else

The Dizzle

03-04-2010

Don't forget everyone has armor, even if its just a little bit. It helps increase your base damage from level 1 and on. I played a few games as trist last night going doran's blade + 1 health pot, porting back when I had enough for level 1 boots and BF sword. Getting boots of mobility then infin edge. Guinsoo's after infin edge and then a madred's bloodrazer. Its a pretty deadly combo. I really like the guinsoo's on trist. That build you have is good too, I'm not a big fan of the executioners after the nerf considering its basically just another exploding shot for 1300 gold or however much it is. Thats almost the cost of a BF sword.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2010

what's wrong with malady's?

Freundschaft

03-06-2010

i actually tried lots of item builds with tristana and till now i have been most successful with going for tiamats early on, as it gives me the possibility to farm easily in combination with explosive shot.
The explosive shot doesnt trigger on the splash damage though, but usually the explosive shot triggered by your main attack damage kills the weakened surrounded creeps.
then i usually go for something like last whisper, madreds bloodrazor & black cleaver or a comparable build (phantom dancer & IE is pretty decent as well)
I dont have any lifeleech though as i tend to play tristana very agressive, trying to jump past behind the enemy, fire them back & then finish them, jumping out of combat after that again.

Varaxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-09-2010

I always like to go for the frost mallet first. HP boost and slow are highly welcome. When she gets massive range and full rapid fire, that's when the dmg comes in handy, but earlier on, spells get the job done fine and hammers secure the kill or allow you to control enemy champs better.

1. Vamp Scepter
2. Boots->whatever, usually berserker or merc
3. HP items that make the Frost Mallet first (neck and belt)
4. Black Cleaver
5. Bloodthirst, infinity edge, or whatever... she doesn't need much else.