[Guide] DPS Tristana Proof that good things do come in small packages!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Boots
IE or Black Cleaver + zeal
Game is won

np

The Dizzle

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kersei View Post
Hm.. my items are completely different, maybe someone can comment on my typical build...

runes: red - armor pen, everything else - crit chance
masteries - 21/0/9

boots/3 health pots
vamp scepter
boots -> serk or treads
IE (after buying IE, constantly use elixir of agility for any fights)
phantom dancer (game is usually over by now) or black cleaver if they have a lot of armor
black cleaver or phantom dancer (whichever i didn't get)
vamp scepter -> bloodthirster
Thats a good build. Theres really not many builds that are horrible on her. You just want to have some lifesteal, some hp (veil/mallet/trin force), some crit, movement/IAS and you're good.

I do like the brutalizer on her as it is a useful item and doesn't cost a lot of coin. I disagree with the not going for IAS because when you do pop rapid fire you want to be as close to the cap as possible to maximize your dps.

Also, how is Trinity force a bad item on her? The "sheen" effect on Trin Force is higher than it is on just the sheen or lich bane, it has movement speed, crit, hit points, slow, damage, ability power and the sheen aspect to it. Every one of those helps Tristana. It costs only a few hundred more than a phantom dancer or a madred's. Also, I build it last, and usually the games over by then.

Kersei

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzle View Post
Thats a good build. Theres really not many builds that are horrible on her. You just want to have some lifesteal, some hp (veil/mallet/trin force), some crit, movement/IAS and you're good.

I do like the brutalizer on her as it is a useful item and doesn't cost a lot of coin. I disagree with the not going for IAS because when you do pop rapid fire you want to be as close to the cap as possible to maximize your dps.

Also, how is Trinity force a bad item on her? The "sheen" effect on Trin Force is higher than it is on just the sheen or lich bane, it has movement speed, crit, hit points, slow, damage, ability power and the sheen aspect to it. Every one of those helps Tristana. It costs only a few hundred more than a phantom dancer or a madred's. Also, I build it last, and usually the games over by then.
I've asked this in like 3 threads but to no effect: how much % attack speed does she need from items/runes/masteries/etc to hit the cap?

Balderdash1000

02-02-2010

She needs about 140% attack speed to reach the cap with rapid fire. 142% is more accurate, but you're not going to get that. If you want to play with the numbers yourself, the important thing to remember is that all haste is based off your base attack speed at level 1. The attack speed boost you get by leveling is actually a % haste added to your base attack by level.

The Dizzle

02-02-2010

I'm not a math genious but I have noticed that you do need a bit of IAS to reach the 2.5/sec cap. I had a game where I had zerker's greaves (+25%), Madred's (+40%), and Stark's (+20%) and with rank5 rapid fire i was at 2.34 attacks a second. I have one attack speed rune that I have been too lazy to replace. I also have 4/4 in the offensive tree for the 4% attack speed increase.

Kersei

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderdash1000 View Post
She needs about 140% attack speed to reach the cap with rapid fire. 142% is more accurate, but you're not going to get that. If you want to play with the numbers yourself, the important thing to remember is that all haste is based off your base attack speed at level 1. The attack speed boost you get by leveling is actually a % haste added to your base attack by level.
Ok thanks, so basically I wouldn't be hitting the attack speed cap anytime soon?

The Dizzle

02-02-2010

You technically could hit it kind of easily, your dps might be a bit low though. Zerker's greaves (25%), starks (20%), last whisper (40%), phantom dancer (45%). That puts you at 130% which is **** close, and then fill out your last 2 slots with some damage items. But that isn't really an ideal build. You really only want 3 +attack speed items and the rest all damage.

Kersei

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzle View Post
You technically could hit it kind of easily, your dps might be a bit low though. Zerker's greaves (25%), starks (20%), last whisper (40%), phantom dancer (45%). That puts you at 130% which is **** close, and then fill out your last 2 slots with some damage items. But that isn't really an ideal build. You really only want 3 +attack speed items and the rest all damage.
Hm, I just use phantom dancer/rapid shot/elixir of agility/(greaves sometimes), it seems fast enough to me, rest damage.

Which 3 are you talking about? And do most trists get more or less attack speed?

Mrtakeiteasy

02-02-2010

From what I've seen from my friend who uses Tristana, he usually gets

Beserker
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet or Trinity Force(TF is a variable thing if he has money)
Last Whisper or Mandred's or Wit's end (depends on the opponents)
Phantom Dancer
Black Cleaver

Based on how every single game goes when I play with him, Tristana just seems like a good sweeper after the battle. Just takes care of the rest of the opponents while the battle is still going on and their focusing mostly on the allies. The rocket jump is very useful as it can instantly be reused after killing an opponent leaving escaping pretty quick after the kill making it tougher to target the Tristana.

Otherwise, I don't think really high IAS is as important as first making sure the Tristana has the damage to back it up since she already has a guarenteed high IAS due to her Rapid Fire.

The Dizzle

02-03-2010

It really is all personal, as once you get 70-80% attack speed (phantom dancer and zerker greaves cover that) you're attacking fast enough. I like to build zerker greaves (25%), last whisper (40%) madreds (40%) or phantom dancer (45%) and I slowly build a starks (20%). I don't build in that order, after greaves and emblem of valor I'll get a sword of the occult and an infin edge.

Thats a pretty good build for Tristana, although I think the mallet is a bit early but it all depends on how focused you are getting and how quickly you are getting burned down.