[Suggestions] Tweaking Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disruption

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Now I couldn't exactly find one collective thread about people's opinons on balancing Executioner's Calling, so I decided to create this one. Now for those who don't know what E-calling is:

Executioner's Calling
Stats: +15% Lifesteal, +15% Critical Strike Chance
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces incoming healing by 65% for 12 seconds and deals damage each second.
Total Costs: 1800

Now, why would anyone want to rebalance this? Currently, this inexpensive item is a hard counter to several heroes with heals such as:
(This list is listed as greatest effected to least effected [as long as the hero has an arbitrary heal], this is my opinion if you think otherwise please just give me your view of the list)

Soraka, Dr. Mundo, Taric, Ailistar, Kayle, Master Yi

A few people on the forums have posted ideas to adjusting this item, here are some of those ideas:

By Morzas
---------------
New UNIQUE Passive: Each time the champion attacks a target, they gain a debuff that reduces incoming healing effects by 10% (Stacks up to 5 times, totaling 50%). Debuff lasts 8-12 seconds.

By Kingkalif
---------------
New UNIQUE Passive: Roughly the same stats as the old E-calling, except that when a ranged champion uses this item, the duration is cut in half, i.e. 6 seconds.

By Echo7
---------------
New UNIQUE Passive: Each time the champion attacks a target, the gain a debuff that reduces incoming healing effects by 75% and lasts 3 seconds or until the inflicted casts their next healing spell.

Personally, I'm in favor of Morzas' idea, but there are still plenty of ideas that can still be found. And if you do not agree that E-calling should be changed, thats fine, its your opinion and you can even try to convince us otherwise, but please try not to flame other people's ideas. Discuss.

Techno Stud

01-12-2010

It's just too cheap of an item for the buffs it provides. When you have an item so powerful that you can purchase nearly three of them rather than an infinity edge and be better off for it, there is clearly something wrong.

I do not support any idea that doesn't involve making EC incredibly more expensive.

Disruption

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
It's just too cheap of an item for the buffs it provides. When you have an item so powerful that you can purchase nearly three of them rather than an infinity edge and be better off for it, there is clearly something wrong.

I do not support any idea that doesn't involve making EC incredibly more expensive.
Wait, so are you saying that you don't want any price changes to it?

IMSavior

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disruption View Post
Wait, so are you saying that you don't want any price changes to it?
do you not speak english?

he wont support an idea unless the idea includes making it more expensive

parlance

01-13-2010

The items in the game that confer interesting unique bonuses like E Calling are all 2000+ gold.

Disruption

Recruiter

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
do you not speak english?

he wont support an idea unless the idea includes making it more expensive
Being confused is no need to be aggressive, jeez the quality of people these days...

EchoRex

01-13-2010

Ehhh mine was receives next healing effect, any regen tick, lifesteal, or heal will eat that 75% reduction, requiring it to be reapplied.

Shadowglyph

01-13-2010

So, it is truely an awesome item, and too powerful in my opinion. I think 12 seconds is way too long, it should be like 6, and reapply every time somone hits you so it can stay at 6 forever if they keep hitting you but 12 after you try to run away is insane. I play Dr. Mundo a lot, and while its unfortunate that an anti-dr mundo weapon exists in the game (one that makes him tank as well as master yi) I am willing to stand it, but it does need to be a little less imba please...1800g for 15% lifesteal, 18% crit, and a completely anti-healbasedtankweapon? Im sure it also destroys taric as a tank.

Just my 2cents

also does anyone know if EC applies to lifesteal? I would think no, but I fought a master yii with a ton of it and he didnt outheal the damage i was doing and i had EC.

Thx