Crashing at loading after champion select

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pasquale

10-01-2009

I installed IE 8 and it works fine. I reset it as well. I turned off Symantec and my firewall and STILL the same error!!

What else could be wrong =[? I really want to try this game!

Pasquale

10-01-2009

Also.

When I get into a game and select hero, spells, and wait in chatroom for the start. It starts. The league of legends icon pops up, a black screen flashes and it says Game has crashed. Plesse Reconnect.

When I reconnect the league of legends icon appears and then it freezes for a min, and the firewall error comes up.

Don't know if describing that helps.

reapermaster

10-01-2009

sorry if I have asked you this before, but do you use a router? Have you tried putting your PC in a DMZ

Some users have had to do a firmware update or a factory reset of their routers to resolve other issues.

Pasquale

10-01-2009

I'm at a university. So I'm using an ethernet connection.

How would I put my comp in a DMZ? Can I?

reapermaster

10-02-2009

pasquale you may be screwed. You need to petition your school IT department to open the following on their firewall

80 TCP
443 TCP
2099 TCP
5223 TCP
5000 - 5050 UDP

Pasquale

10-02-2009

How do I check what's open?

reapermaster

10-02-2009

80 and 443 are open by default.

ports 2099 and 5223 are working or you would not be able to get into the PvP.net client.

ports 5000 - 5050 are the ones you are having problems with they are required to get the actual gameplay working after champ selection

You have to talk to the campus IT department to get this fixed you need to have ports 5000 - 5050 UDP opened up

Veritox

10-02-2009

Yeah I've had this problem from day 1.

I've only been able to play at my friends house when we're over there.

Starting to look like we're SOL on this one.

reapermaster

10-02-2009

unless your schools IT department has flatout given you the smackdown about making any changes you cant give up. Anyone that has the patience and the persistance I am sure you will have this allowed without an issue.

Those that are able to get into PvP.net portion of the game have the easiest battle as UDP ports are no where near as much of a security risk as TCP ports are. Most net admins understand this and shouldnt have an issues opening up the requested port range... IF they squawk the range can be narrowed down to 2 specific ports, but I dont recommend that as riot has said it could change.

awsome man

10-03-2009

I have the exact same problem as pasquale except that I'm on my own network at home. I'm using xp how would I check if those ports are open/closed and how do I open them if they are closed.