Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crashing at loading after champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokatte

09-25-2009

Anielaric did you try this?

Quote:
1) completly removed LOL installations, and every file conneted to LOL. Restarted windows.
2) installed new graphic cards drivers
3) installed directx (not this one which is added to installation of LOL, I used this one -> DirectX 9.27.1734 (9.26.1590 worked aswell). Restarted windows.
4) installed service pack 3 (both cases, my friend and bro had windows xp). Restarted windows.
5) Installed brand new LOL (declined option of installing directx from LOL installator)

your problem seems to be very simillar to problems I was seeing around and that steps used to help.

EBOBO

09-25-2009

Hm, LoL doesn't seem to work anymore after today.

P4 3.2 GHz
2GB RAM
Intel G965
XP SP3

My first time playing, I was using a Radeon 9250, but that didn't work so I reverted to my integrated, which no longer works anymore...

EDIT: Today, it works magically. I did not alter any files.

Itchycrabs

09-25-2009

Well, I fixed the first part of my problem by just getting the latest update of DirectX....got it from:
directx.en.softonic.com
Now it claims that my graphics driver is out of date, it still let me get further than before, played about 3 mins before I lost all graphics and had only audio.

Going to try to see if there are any updates for my video card now!

Anielaric

09-28-2009

Quote:
Mokatte:
Anielaric did you try this?

your problem seems to be very simillar to problems I was seeing around and that steps used to help.

Thanks for the reply but the problem auto-solved the very next day I tried.

Pasquale

10-01-2009

Once the countdown ends the game crashes and when I reconnect it doesn't work as well.

No idea what to do.

The error says "UNable to connect to server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewalls documentation."

Even when I turn it off I get this error. Help!

reapermaster

10-01-2009

Pasquale I would recommend you read http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=153880#post153880

in short kill anything that scans information and see if the problem is resolved. If it is start enabling them again 1 at a time until you find which one is killing everything.

Pasquale

10-01-2009

I looked at that before. My firewall has everything for LOL as an exception.

Just turned off Symantec & Windows Firewall...let's see if that works. I don't think I have anything else in that thread on my comp open.

Still get the same error with both things turned off. I don't know what else could be running. Where would I look to find out, cuz I don't think anything else is on?

reapermaster

10-01-2009

have you tried doing a reset of Internet Explorer to default settings?

If you have IE 7 or 8 do the following

Open IE
Click tools -> internet Options -> Advanced tab
On the advanced tab towards the bottom is a reset button, have it do everything.
*please note this will delete any stored passwords, credentials, etc... in IE.

Pasquale

10-01-2009

I dont use IE. Should I be using it to play LOL?

I use Firefox? Should I do the same thing for Firefox and reset everything?

reapermaster

10-01-2009

No you dont need to do anything to firefox. It is only critical for IE. The technology and software used to create LoL is IE dependant. If IE isnt configured correctly then you can run into problems of this nature.