Champion Tiers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
I don't really have much to contribute, except ask why you have Gangplank listed in the Magic DPS tiers. He is Melee Physical (or could POSSIBLY be called Ranged Physical).
Parrley and ult are magical damage. Gangplank's auto-attack isn't his primary form of damage, therefore he is magic DPS.

Annie > Veigar because she is immensely powerful at all stages of the game except the very end of a long one. She is the strongest level 6 champion and her stuns come up more often than Veigar's. Veigar is underrated but he ain't no Annie.

Shatterlight

01-13-2010

Oh, my mistake then. I was under the impression that Parrrley was physical damage. I know about the ulti, I just don't consider it part of defining his playstyle.

Any reply to my thoughts on Zilean though, Junk?

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
I don't really have much to contribute, except ask why you have Gangplank listed in the Magic DPS tiers. He is Melee Physical (or could POSSIBLY be called Ranged Physical).

Or did I miss the reasoning there?

I'd also rather call Nunu multitalented than Caster DPS.

One last edit; EastJesus, why do you have Zilean ranked as bottom-tier? I understand he is a bit lacking the oomph of the top guys, but I feel he is a VERY powerful earlygame harasser/farmer (and today's patch buffed Time Bomb's damage and lowered the mana cost as well, I believe), and his damage is AoE and enough in teamfights to be worth playing I feel, if he has the 40% cooldown reduction. Also, Chronoshift has the potential to at best turn a teamfight, and at worst deprive the enemy of a few hundred gold/XP and keep a teammate in the fight for 40 seconds he wouldn't have been.

He is by no means a top tier, or even high tier, but I wouldn't be ranking him as one of the worst.
Late game if you go AP you will be sitting around autoattacking after you double timebomb (It's good, but it can be dodged easily, atleast the second one), and you have no hard disable.

Late game as CDR, your speeding everyone up, slowing everyone down, saving people...but a Kayle does this better. Not as efficently, but simply better as she has dps and heals.

Your ap build is outshined by casters, and your CDR build is outshined by support.

This is mainly because you have no hard disable.

Shatterlight

01-13-2010

I understand what you are saying, but as for CDR, in addition to doing Kayle's job you can toss out 300-400 damage timebombs every three seconds (they may not deal the damage every 3 seconds, but they are still just as potent randomly spiking and falling in damage). Not exactly terrible AoE damage.

You really have to be more of a hybrid, of course - you don't need that much gear for 30-40% CDR.

I do fully understand your reasoning behind his low tier status, though. Thankfully, LoL is balanced well enough that a player can do well even playing characters most people don't consider good ^.^

JunkRamen

01-13-2010

Quote:
Oh, my mistake then. I was under the impression that Parrrley was physical damage. I know about the ulti, I just don't consider it part of defining his playstyle.

Any reply to my thoughts on Zilean though, Junk?
The ult is very much defining to his playstyle, it's like 70% of the reason to bring him at all.

Zilean is low tier imo. Not as bad as Evelynn, but about the same level as Warwick imo. Definitely a step below champs like Soraka and Sion. Kayle ult > Zilean ult because you can die several times in the duration of her ult, while doing damage uninterrupted.

PUSHER

01-13-2010

Tryndamere that worthless? I don't even see him on some of the above lists.

JunkRamen

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUSHER View Post
Tryndamere that worthless? I don't even see him on some of the above lists.
Mid tier, maybe even the lower part of it. He's pretty weak atm.

Danziger

01-13-2010

With the addition of the "Most played" heroes information in the profile screen, I have actual data to support why I think trist isn't very good.

Now of course, there's a lot of both my own personal playstyle and personal skill factors involved, but this is how it is according to me.

45 games played with Tristana
22 wins
23 losses
194 kills, 224 deaths, 321 assists

42 games played with Taric
30 wins
12 losses
176 kills, 146 deaths, 482 assists

Even a low tier hero like Taric I personally do much better with, and 45 games is a lot of time for me to learn, and try many different builds and playstyles. I just don't see much going for her.

Her burst is good, but not viable to execute in teamfights. Key though is certain heroes can really ruin her, including heroes with ranged stuns and heroes with blink, because her range is basically just as long as the range to cast those spells. I find her very very vulnerable to heroes like Kassadin, Shaco, Kat, Malphite, Sion when the enemy team is smart enough to target her.

That said, if she is up against a team which is sloppy enough to allow you several early kills, you can start running away pretty quickly.

Baron Corm

01-15-2010

So do you think my tier listing is more accurate now? Any changes that are drastically needed?

Oxygen

01-15-2010

what's the point of this ****