Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Tiers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thriondil

01-12-2010

Regardless of how terrible a list it is, there's this awesome thing called :constructive: criticism. Just telling someone that the list is terrible doesn't help at all. Try making some observations on which parts are particularly bad, and also mention those things you agree with.

For instance, I have been playing Jax quite a lot recently, and he dominates auto-attack carries. My jax hits 30% dodge before level 6, which is a HUGE damage decrease from auto-attackers. He's one of the few consistent counters to an endgame Yi, which is why I started playing. Jax can also be played in several different ways, which makes him versatile enough to gain the upper hand against many different teams. For these reasons, I'd throw him up in Top-Tier.

Mpalm

01-12-2010

Quote:
thriondil:
Regardless of how terrible a list it is, there's this awesome thing called :constructive: criticism. Just telling someone that the list is terrible doesn't help at all. Try making some observations on which parts are particularly bad, and also mention those things you agree with.

I'd have to re-do the entire list.

Tyrfang

01-12-2010

To quote Sirlin... http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-3-fairness.html

Tier List:

0) God tier (no character should be in this tier, if they are, you are forced to play them to be competitive)
1) Top tier (don't be afraid to put your favorite characters here. Being top tier does not necessarily mean any nerfs are needed)
2) Middle tier (pretty good, not quite as good as top)
3) Bottom tier (I can still win with them, but it's hard)
4) Garbage tier (no one should be in this. Not reasonable to play this character at all.)

The only real God Tier in the current metagame is Twitch.

JunkRamen

01-12-2010

more like pub stomp list

Kroma

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Why do you have 2 heros in your "god" tier that get reck by a simple 400$ items early game. And you have yi above teemo... teemo straight out destroys yi. You have Trynd in the second tier, he is the most broken hero in the game. And you have jax as unplayable...lolz... the first like 382190382138 patchs in the game were to fix the ******edness of jax, he may not be as good as he used to be but i would rather have jax on my team than some of there hero ou have on here.

Hikaratu

01-12-2010

Which heros destroy which other heros does not affect the tier list unless its teemo destroys all heros, it's perfectly acceptable that a mid tier hero could counter a top tier hero IE Teemo wrecking Yi. That would just mean that overall Yi is a better hero for most situations. I do not agree with the tier list or anything, I am just pointing out some logic and how the tiers actually work for those who didn't know. God tier (where noone should be, I guess people are agreeing twitch is there now) is the only tier where a hero can be and be considered better than all other heros in any given lineup.

For games like LoL, Dota/Hon and such you probably also need to have sub-tiers based on thier role, top tier carry/support/tank/disabletrain etc.

zanitonium

01-12-2010

I'll take a stab (personal opinions)

Tier 1 - god

Twitch
Shaco (Move to tier 2)
Master Yi (Move to teir 3 -- too easily shut down with blinds and stuns)

Tier 2 - Top

Teemo
Corki
Kayle (Move to tier 3 -- Bubble is nice, but kayle isn't top tier)
Rammus
Zilean (Move to tier 4 - Speed up slow down and revive are wonderful when they're cast on you, but they rarely change the outcome of battles.)
Alistar
Cho'Gath
Nunu
Annie
Veigar
Fiddlesticks
Katarina (Personally I think she can go down another tier, stuns shut her down hard and theres not much depth to her)
Blitzcrank
Twisted Fate
Udyr (I agree with this one surprisingly! he's made a good turnaround)

Tier 3 - Mid

Tristana (Bump this to top tier, she is an extremely viable ranged carry)
Sivir
Ashe
Janna
Malphite
Soraka
Taric (He's not total garbage but I think taric needs a buff, taking him down to tier 4)
Nasus (Bump nasus to top tier, move 5 boots, a small item that makes him amazing)
Singed
Sion
Anivia (Bump to top tier, amazing croud control, good damage, good survivability)
Ryze
Kassadin (Bump to top tier, silence wins games, survives very well, does good damage)
Nidalee
Tryndamere(Bump to top tier, A well played tyrn who knows how to use his ult properly.. well enough said)
Heimerdinger(demoted to tier 4, maybe 5 -- Defence is good, harassment is good.. aoe blind isn't all that wonderful, doesn't help much in team fights)

Tier 4 - Lacking
Dr. Mundo (agree Ex calling.. ouch)
Gangplank (Personally I'd throw him in mid or top tier, pirates that stack crit and don't get themselves killed are pretty broken)
Morgana (have to agree... her ult sucks.)
Karthus (Want to bump him up because i've seen amazing things done with him, but typically not that great... so here he stays.)

Tier 5 - Unusable

Evelynn (Love her to death but she has too many hard counters... here she stays)
Warwick... broken, Needs buff
Amumu (Bump to mid tier AOE stun wins fights)
Jax (Bump to mid tier)

Excstazy

01-12-2010

Wow the ones in tier 5 are all AWESOME champs imo. Eve is a BEAST when u play it right same as Jax.

Amumu wins Teams Fights for u all the time. And Warwick even tho its kinda in the weak side atm, hes still a beast if properly lvled. Awesome Jungler.

Dragonmount

01-12-2010

I think it would be better to get rid of the "tiers" because team composition is far more important than individual characters. Example being.. a team chosen from the 3rd tier that synergizes well will destroy a team of tier2 characters that do not.

Example.. JMO

Tank:
1) Blitzcrank
2) Alistar
3) Rammus

Physical carry:
1) Yi
2) Tryndamere
3) Jax

Ranged:
1) Twitch
2) Tristana
3) Ashe

Mage:
1) Veigar
2) Anivia
3) Ryze?

Utility/support:
1) Kayle
2) Nidalee
3) Sivir

Baron Corm

01-12-2010

Lots of flawed logic and lack of experience in this thread, but thank you for those who cared to give constructive criticism. I've changed some things. I'm also considering partitioning things by their role as some have suggested.