Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

corki or nidalee/whatever ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onisaki

01-12-2010

I've been playing tristana for a while now and I love the ranged dps carry style.
but is corki any better than her ?

I'm not a high ELO player , so most of my games comes to twitch/yi/teemo/ashe carrying the team.

I want some different and fun carry, I don`t know about nidalee , is she also a carry ?
well , anyway , I almost got the IP for corki.

Noth

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Corky will play a lot like Tristana so that will likely be the easiest switch for you.

Nidalee is a carry, but you have to learn when to switch to cougar and when to just stay on the edges. Going DPS she will be a carry. Going AP with her she is a good support character.

JunkRamen

01-12-2010

Nidalee isn't quite as good of a carry as Trist/Corki because she doesn't really have much to add to a team fight aside from her great heal. She's more of a support carry like Sivir or Teemo.

After the nerfs, I'd say Corki is around the same tier as Tristana. Both are good at farming. Corki has better AoE damage, missles, and a semi-blind, Tristana has a knockback, very long range, and better single target damage. I'd say it's up to preference and team composition.

AFKray

01-12-2010

Nid can be just as good a carry but what she lacks is an escape tool like Valk. She's got a steroid that is easily spammable but requires a hefty amount more finesse to be played effectively.

Melonyan

01-12-2010

Quote:
AFKush:
Nid can be just as good a carry but what she lacks is an escape tool like Valk. She's got a steroid that is easily spammable but requires a hefty amount more finesse to be played effectively.

You can make crazy escapes with nidalee spamming pounce and running through bushes for the 25% movespeed. Theres really not many champs that can catch up to nidalee and the ones that can are ussually left in the dust once you hit the brush. Take flash as well and with flash -> pounce you can escape about as well as valk IMO, though I haven't played corki.

Also for nid, imo she's best played as a carry, not an AP character. Her ratios are too bad for AP and if you really want to play her that way a magic pen build might be better. She makes good support really early in the game, but if you go AP mid-late all you have is a good heal, and heals are so easily countered right now. AP doesn't add much to her spears, an AD nid still does good damage with long-range spear tosses. People act like she's not really benefiting from damage in her human form, but it isn't true, she's got a decent range and attack speed, and it's even better with the heal buff.

If you play nid keep in mind it's often a good idea to switch to human form even when you're just dpsing and you're rather close, put your heal/attack speed buff back up throw a spear drop a bushwack and switch back. Sometimes I'll pounce away and back off then switch to human form to use her other abilities especially if I'm getting dpsed by a melee carry.

If you just want a ranged carry though corki is your best bet, even if you do go an ap build(which as i said before I feel is less effective) if you aren't using cougar for more than just moving around you aren't using her effectively.

Ennbeard

01-12-2010

Wait until the UFO deal before you decide.

You may end up getting corki for free with teh skin.