Crit Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Upgraadde

01-18-2011

I know the patch has just been released and they fixed the so called lucky/unlucky streaks with critical strikes and dodges, but can these be manipulated?

One of my favorite heroes is Gangplank. When you get nice and fed and that combination of the Infinity Edge and Ghostblade comboed with a Parrley crit for over 900 on that squishy Soraka lands, it feels great. With the new changes can't this be exploited by other players. I believe the patch notes stated that if a person has a %50 crit rating and they attacked 100 times, 50 of them should be crits. When I play Gangplank I prefer armor penetration runes to crit runes (either is fine, I just enjoy the pen better). Normally I rush an Infinity Edge because it is really strong. This would put me at around 20% crit, %22 if you count offensive spec. Normally I'm still laning or working with teamates at this point. Could it be possible to count your non crit auto attacks to better guarantee your next strike crits?

The way I see it is I could auto attack about 4 times, if no crit occurs that Parrley is pretty much ready to crit, according to this change, similar to someone who counts cards while gambling. Even if I auto attack 2 times my crit rating would increase in game by about %40 (depending on crit rating of course). I'm curious to see how this plays out, and it could benefit someone who takes into consideration these new changes.

Open to thoughts everyone, happy gaming and good luck folks.

Argothman

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath View Post
I don't think it works in a way where if you have 25% crit and you dont crit 3 times in a row your fourth hit HAS to crit.
It doesn't in a completely random system.

Ruri iro Kujaku

01-18-2011

I was also thinking about this , not the gp but tryndamere but It'll be too abusable that way.