Jungling and You: A Glance at Post Renekton Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maestro Kenteko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Stonewall008 asked me to make a topic to have a singular place for all the jungling thoughts post .109, as he's currently busy doing a few jungle tests at the moment. A true man of science, it seems. He will be along shortly, but first I'd like to share a few of my experiences on the matter.

First and foremost, Akali's jungling is near untouched. The biggest difference comes down to the double golems in the beginning, as it requires her to hit each once more with auto attacks. Due to this, she potions during double golems and actually winds up higher HP for the entire run since wraiths get vaporized just as easily. On two separate tests, I ended up getting to level 6 purely in the jungle by roughly 6:50, going back once because the jungle was empty save for lizard as well as to stock up on items.

The big thing I can take away from this experience is that jungling with Akali is more then fine, it's nearly identical. I can still invade at level 3 around 3:35-3:40 with 50%+ HP and blue if I so chose and her damage is largely unaffected in general against creep mobs. Post level 4, she starts altogether ignoring the changes and can stay in the jungle rather long as it is. My experience with Shen is roughly the same, with about ten seconds or so added time, he's still a reliable and consistent jungler.

What are everyone else's experiences thus far?

Edit: As a point of reference: Runes are 3 flat AD Quints, 1 AD Mark, 8 Magic Pen, 9 AP/lvl seals and glyphs.

Matthlord

01-18-2011

They have broken Udyr's jungling rotation though.

I'm not fully runed, but before, with smite and a vest + 5 pots I could take down golem first no problems, hp a bit low but instant lvl 2+blue buff and turtle stance that comes with it make that easy to regain.

Now, I have to start somewhere else and barely get it. The damage output on my lvl 1 phoenix stance is atrociously low now, so I had an embarassing death to golem.

UpsettingPuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthlord View Post
They have broken Udyr's jungling rotation though.

I'm not fully runed, but before, with smite and a vest + 5 pots I could take down golem first no problems, hp a bit low but instant lvl 2+blue buff and turtle stance that comes with it make that easy to regain.

Now, I have to start somewhere else and barely get it. The damage output on my lvl 1 phoenix stance is atrociously low now, so I had an embarassing death to golem.

Gotta be your runes. I just did a rotation no problem. took me just a couple extra hits on blue i think but besides that it was easy as ever.

AS marks, Armor seals, cdr glyphs, health quints

ZallKlos

01-18-2011

Mainly worried about Shaco. He should be slower now.

ZallKlos

01-18-2011

How much did the magic resist change slow Shaco?

Arkengate

01-18-2011

Are than any other options for akali runes for jungling?

Cipherace

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
How much did the magic resist change slow Shaco?
For the more basic routes such as 5 at Blue or the 3 Liz and 2 Golem routes it will probably remain unaffected, the only change being taking a bit more damage through out the jungle.

Routes like 3 Blue and 2 Wolves might be harder to do though.

Maestro Kenteko

01-18-2011

After testing Fiddle a bit, he seems to have large amounts of "Not caring" as well.