Patch semi-broke Eve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessBunny

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysteve View Post
I posted this earlier, but I think many of my views differ from yours 0.o

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=455500
I agree with some parts of it. Ultimate nerf doesn't really matter, CDR on stealth is great, early stealth nerf will annoy a bit but not to much, mainly when I hunt the enemy jungler

And as I believe I said, later in the game there won't be any issues with her, she'll actually be stronger, but getting to late game with a reasonable amount of gold and not to feed will be a lot harder for every eve player.

Regarding Rylais, honest misstake ;P Mixed it up with some other items, I generally don't play a lot of casters.

Trapspider

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoFlux View Post
poppy's laning phase i think is worse. same goes for jax as well
Well this is silly. Both poppy and jax have a good last hit ability. Jax has 2. Both of them have a defesive type ability to help ease the pain of ranged harassment. Poppy has her inaite (not good but helpful)and her W. Jax has his E (situational i know but it helps)

Eve has lower base health then either of these 2 and she has no strong last hit ability or any type of defense from ranged harass.

If they want to keep her out of the jungle, by all means do it. But plz offer her some way to lane via natural health regain, ranged harass, a decent farming ability that does not cause you to push your lane to their tower, or some way to deal with ranged harass.

Erinn

01-18-2011

It's really, really hard to lane with Eve. You don't have the mana to stealth more than 3 times before you have to wait/recall, and if you're trying to toss in a Ravage you might not even get that.

Now Rank 1 of stealth is 10 seconds instead of 20, which already felt too short in the laning phase, and with reduced armor & mana the laning phase will be even weaker.

Against a competent duo, you will not be able to last hit with Eve without sustaining tremendous harassment damage...not good. In lanes with Eve I have to hide in the bushes, or by the tower, or Stealthed...and maybe get a quick stun in and then scurry out. That's not even really harassment, and I'm certainly not getting gold while that's happening.

UnspunReality

01-18-2011

They just dont like Eve. They're butt*@^#ed Twitch too. Shaco was nerfed but early game he's almost worse then eve. He simply doesn't scale too much into late game if he isn't fed, but he still has late game over eve cause he can BD like a boss.

See the trend here? Only this is actually a harmful nerf. I dislike jungling with eve. And her laning phase IS worse then poppy's. Poppy can atleast use her Q to last hit and her E is nice harass. Add in her W which saves you from counterattacks.

Now lets see Eve's laning phase. Stealth? Lolo. Hate spike? Q, Q, Q, Q, ... I CANT Q AGAIN? THIS BLUE BAR UNDER ME SAYS ITS EMPTY? And ravaging creeps for CS is even worse. Base armor nerfed, sweet. She'll be hit harder. Guess the best way to play eve is to stay in the brush with g/p5 Quints, Greed and building lucky picks and hope you can pull off a Trynd at 40 minutes.

Edit: By worse then eve(As shaco), I meant his ganks are worse to be under. Cause Shaco CAN jungle. Nor do you see his decieve when its used, and unlike Eve shaco hurts you more when your back is turned and he has range/traps. Eve can just stun and hope for a competent teammate to follow up.

taiya

01-18-2011

It's just Riot catering to the crybabies that dont know how to counter her (Dur what's this MR? Banshee's Veil? Armor? What's that? DUR). She's a complete joke now.

Voyager I

01-18-2011

It was a short term fix. They've still got stealth redesigns in the pipe, and with that comes changes to every character who was balanced around it, especially Eve and Twitch who use it as a core mechanic.

However, while they're working on that, the new Jungle Eve gimmick has basically been ruining the game for people who like leaving tower range during the laning phase. It's incredibly unfun to play against and has no good counters. The had to do something about it, so they did. It's an ugly, short-term solution that made one of the worst characters in the game (when not abusing the jungle) even more terrible, but that's an acceptable price to pay to end this Jungle Eve garbage.

We can only hope this will be followed up by the actual redesign "soon".

grim1

01-18-2011

This is how Riot balances things they believe are game breaking.
1st step: Nerf the bajezus out of it
2nd step: leave it nerfed for about 1-2 months.
3rd step: slowly buff the weakened champ piece by piece to achieve balance.

They already posted something to the effect that they'd rather have her laning and underpowered than jungling and overpowered until they can get the stealth system reworked.

Grunt666

01-18-2011

So like you got the whiner kids who cannot play safe mode with eve/twitch/shaco anymore. L2P. Eve is just fine, her weak laning early game si the trade off for having great get away with stealth, and the ultimate in getting easy ganks with stealth.

I know it is a cruel world that you do not get to lane like a champ and get allt he ree kills stealth can entitle you....QQ l2p.

FearlessBunny

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager I View Post
It was a short term fix. They've still got stealth redesigns in the pipe, and with that comes changes to every character who was balanced around it, especially Eve and Twitch who use it as a core mechanic.

However, while they're working on that, the new Jungle Eve gimmick has basically been ruining the game for people who like leaving tower range during the laning phase. It's incredibly unfun to play against and has no good counters. The had to do something about it, so they did. It's an ugly, short-term solution that made one of the worst characters in the game (when not abusing the jungle) even more terrible, but that's an acceptable price to pay to end this Jungle Eve garbage.

We can only hope this will be followed up by the actual redesign "soon".
But in your own opinion will it really keep people from hugging their towers?

Since you can't safely last hit or farm majority of the time will be spent invisible just to gain XP and constantly looking at your map for low HP targets, when stealth goes off cooldown you'll hide in a bush if you are smart causing a constant SS.

This would force a player of normal skill/intelligance to play defensive in their own lane since they can't keep track of eve. So they are forced to play the same way as before.

If eve doesn't stay in constant stealth then she's the one who has to tower hug for dear life because if they get up close you are as good as dead and that creates the same anti-fun everyone has been QQ:ing about for the eve player.

This is not a solution since the risk/reward for last hitting/farming in lane is far from worth it, you only need the XP and you'll try to gain gold from assist and kills instead