Can Trist beat Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

A good Teemo with ignite can beat Tristina.

Once Trist rocket jumps, blinding dart->Ignite->auto attack

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Why in the world would a trist use Rocket Jump onto a teemo with blinding dart able to be used and teemo wouldn't die from rocket jump/buster combo?

>___>

EIometer

01-16-2010

As a teemo I often take flash as a jumpstart so I can pull off Move Quick w/o being interrupted.

If a trist tries to jump me, I simply flash back. If it's lvl6+, I plant a mushroom. The only way tristana won't proc the slow and poison is if she immediently backtracks, in which case you can AA+blind, then AA for the extra poison procs. Win.

A part of being a good teemo is knowing what skills your opponent has and doesn't have. If the tristana has the healreduc shot, you can counter that with the same AA/blind/AA. It almost always does more damage if you go poison->blind->MQ from 1-5.

In regular laning phase, just path around your units and get an AA off here and there. Baiting the tristana into using a skill, or AA into taking minion damage is also very important.

Since both tristana and teemo have very similar skills aside from blind/jump, it comes down to who manages their hp/mp better than the other. Since teemo requires a lot less mana upkeep, he can spam blind and whatnot while tristana has to place her eggs in a basket since fail = 1 lanephase of downtime until mana regens.

If the tristana has vampsceptor, then it's pretty **** difficult for a teemo to do damage, so I usually wait until lvl 6 for the mushrooms. In that case, the teemo has to place his eggs in a basket and go for the DPS kill with flash+mushroom+AA+blind+ignite. If you're lucky, the tristana won't see the mushroom. If the trist is good, he'll move out of the way, letting you get in a few extra hits that should turn the tide.

Of course, tristana's ult is deadly, especially if the trist does a nifty flash+ult, or jump+ult.

In the end it comes down to skill and more skill.

DeepBlue

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanka View Post
Can she? I vsed a teemo in mid, and it was tough.
It depends. Who's the better player? There's your answer on who will win.

Pigmancer

01-16-2010

Trist being my most played... Teemo is probably the best early counter to tristana. He, Karthus and now Udyr are probably the three most annoying.

Levels 1 - 5.. a good tristana should never die. A good, cautious teemo who also has a health pot or two and also gets a blind and autoattack every time trist is in range will at least not die.

Level 6... I just played a game solo mid vs a teemo.. He left the lane the moment i hit six. I always carry ignite.. (and usually a rally) If he's in range (which a good teemo won't be) I drop my imp rally, hop, explosive, ignite, one or two auto (because he usually blinds first thing) and or a straight up buster = Dead teemo

Sure, a well played teemo is a great counter to trist early, but can he be beaten? It's close, but one wrong move could spell death for him..

Oh and, about getting ignited by teemo.. Any good trist worth their weight will know what the enemy teemo has for abilities.. Teemo + ignite = either a two man gank or level six and bye, bye teemo.