Sion Build...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diddydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I've been trying to figure out a good Sion build to use, would AP or DMG/Tank be better?

Diddydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

Anyone have an idea??

IMSavior

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddydan View Post
Anyone have an idea??
melee physical dmg kicks the **** out of ap sion

although his stun and shield get 1:1 ratios last time i checked, and that can seem pretty alluring, he really shines with energize and his ullti making him near impossible to kill and hit like a train

Synxxx

01-16-2010

AP scion is amazing if you're fighting bad players. Any semi-decent player is just going to get banshee's and shut you down hard.

Phys is very nice, just stack damage and grab a Stark's.

Stormsoul

01-16-2010

I like going crit/damage on DPS sion, i have a page full of crit runes so i usually go

Avarice Blade
Avarice Blade
Zerker Greaves
Infinity Edge
Phantom dancer (sell avarice blades once you're ~800ish away)

and if the game goes past that i'll get frozen mallet and/or atmas

AP sion is cool but i find that you basically HAVE to be fed a few mejai's stacks for it to really dominate.. it's not that good with a standard ~200ish ap build, it benefits much more with outrageous mejai's ap counts like 400+

TerranMarine

01-16-2010

Ap sion is for early game rape, but if you do your job right, the other team will be compelled to all grab banshee veils to shut you down. however this usually occurs about midway through the build, as to do so early makes them vulnerable to the rest of your team, giving you more than enough time to shut down their carry. I personally prefer void staff components first, followed by mobility boots + ghost(cant beat 1k damage rushing out at 554 movespeed) throw in a nashor's tooth for cooldown reduction an abysall for magic pen, finally get that lich bane and then if for some odd reason you havent won/lost yet might as well get a zhonya's. for a second summoner spell i prefer ignite, but flash is always useful for a quick dive. note: this is for more of a hit and run attack pattern

less experience with a physical build but i prefer the crit ones to attack speed/lifesteal builds
anyway a physical build is for late game 3 shotting

fuzzy logic

01-16-2010

I love being a tank/AP psychotic Sion. Basically, once I get a few items and stuff I just lead the team in kamikaze charges. Sion can take a lot of punishment and do some good damage.

I usually go:
Sapphire Crystal and Pots
Boots
Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Sheen
Start to build Frozen Heart or Deathfire Grasp
Negatron Cloak
Banshee's Veil and/or Glacial Shroud
Frozen Heart and Deathfire Grasp
After all these, AP items... Lich Bane or whatever.

This build gives you great defense against magic and physical damage, along with your shield you can now wreck face. With the 40% CD reduction you become incredibly destructive and you can stun all the time .

Judah the Lion

01-16-2010

You guys are crazy if you think AP Sion falls short either end game or against "smart" or "good" players. He just does too well at virtually every angle of the game, and is even a good team player (look inside!)

I just responded to a similar Sion proclamation not too lang ago, and I just don't see how he falters with some people. Some points:

• His early game is SCARY strong with his ability to immediately push to the enemies tower, last hitting almost everything and easily out farming your enemy.
  • His early-mid game ganking and control potential is very strong when kept up with because of the sheer amount of burst damage you do. The same with every other champ. and every other build.
  • mid-late game, he is very durable, and can get out of most situations with just a Flash and a shield pop due to how you've built him.
  • His burst damage with Sheen/L-Bane isn't rivaled by anyone by the time you get it, and it stays that way if your team is doing well.
  • When making lanes move later on, he is the best at rolling lanes back. Period. No one can do it as quickly and as effectively as AP Sion.
  • Even if you're doing sub-par early, you can still come out ahead because of Sion's awe inspiring farming capabilities.

Those are just a few snips off the top of my head, but he really has a lot of power and prowess to him when played correctly and smartly.

I will say I had a gray area with him at one point (AP that is), but the remedy for that was learning to play against competent opposition. This build, like everyone else, has its weaknesses, but to me, they only faintly shimmer through when you articulate the big guy like you should.

For a while there, I didn't think he was a good team player. I thought him as a total pub stomp only champ., then I started realizing, as I coordinated with my team through team fights and various instances of lane phases, what he does to contribute to a team, especially aoe ones.

His DPS version is of course going to be more powerful end-end-game (I run it a lot also, I find it very effective and fun), that how it works, but AP hits when it matters, and gives your more room for potential bounce-back from mishaps, which happen regardless.

best

RockLee Tipsy

01-16-2010

ap is good

Kung Fu English

01-16-2010

I dunno I have been kinda wingin it and going a build like this:

Regen pendant > Philo's stone
Sheen
Boots (swiftness usually, he is beefy enough on his own)
Phage > Frozen Mallet
Frozen Heart/Banshee/Cleaver/IE - order depending on opponents and game progression.

Have won all games so far. Sheen proc is amazing with +dmg after you stun them with gaze and smack them upside the head with your axe +80 or so dmg.