Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What I foresee in the jungle...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkives

01-18-2011

Starting a golem/lizard at lv 1 will be too risky, especially for those that end with low health and are vulnerable to ganks at it. The smaller camps will be cleared first and you can continue with buffs at a much safer time and lv. You could also just port back after the 3 camps and grab boots if you saved 35g at start and do golem at full as lv 3.

For some people this might not be new, but I can guess that it will be a more widely accepted strategy in the future

Darkshy

01-18-2011

I think most jungles who jungle normally will not have a problem in the jungle. It most hurts the niche jungles like eve or viegar who really use that MR to their advantage. (not recommending you jungle veigar)

Milskidasith

01-18-2011

Quote:
Arkives:
Starting a golem/lizard at lv 1 will be too risky, especially for those that end with low health and are vulnerable to ganks at it. The smaller camps will be cleared first and you can continue with buffs at a much safer time and lv. You could also just port back after the 3 camps and grab boots if you saved 35g at start and do golem at full as lv 3.

For some people this might not be new, but I can guess that it will be a more widely accepted strategy in the future

Probably not, no. What I foresee:

Magic reliant champs clear time for a generic path increased by 5-15 seconds, depending on magic reliance.

Champs that rely on all physical abilities and smite having a clear time increased by about 4 seconds, depending on their base speed.

All champs leaving the jungle with 100~150 more damage taken, more for magic reliant champs.

A few select edge cases (Cho'Gath, Xin Zhao) can no longer start at buffs, or only with very specific rune pages.

BoQiDaDaoLian

01-18-2011

^ what he said

Letkhar

01-18-2011

Apparently not everyone is aware of the changes made to the aggro system and how much you can jumpstart your jungler at Golem.

Sweet.

Gunkuu

01-18-2011

I can't wait to see random humiliations for the next week.

Alaric11

01-18-2011

Nunu will still be a strong jungle.

Milskidasith

01-18-2011

Quote:
Letkhar:
Apparently not everyone is aware of the changes made to the aggro system and how much you can jumpstart your jungler at Golem.

Sweet.

Yes, allies can tank golem for their jungler, or a ranged carry can attack it to drop aggro for a few seconds. It's been known, it's just kind of a niche thing when most all junglers who would need that help taking golem can already do fine clearing the path on their own. I always want to help out my team's jungler, but it's not always really necessary.

ieatzyew

01-18-2011

Quote:
BoQiDaDaoLian:
^ what he said

^

Gwaargh

01-18-2011

Unless you're Udyr.