Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[H]Alistar, the Giant Furry Squirrell with Horns.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vurz

01-18-2011

So recently I unlocked Alistar and am having a ton of fun playing him. I'm only summoner lvel 13 but am pretty good at RTS games. Diamond in SC2, etc, etc. Alistar is obviously a support tank and when my team mates aren't vegetables and half of them know how to do their job in ganks / team kills correctly we usually win.

I just had a few questions though. How do you build him? Speed increases are obv important but I've been going AP since his attack speed is slow is that horribly wrong? Is he even viable in mid-high elo? I plan on doing ranked matches and getting up there. If Alistar is not a viable champ in mid-high elo is there another support role like him?

thanks!

TL;DR. OMG HALP NEED BUILDZ 4 ALISTAR. IS HE GUD?

DarkRonin00

01-18-2011

Alistar is best at Backdooring

Kadzin

01-18-2011

Innervating Locket... oh wait.

Lol j/k look up some of Reep's recent videos.
He plays a mean Alistar even if his attitude is on par with Reginald's these days.

Frostbutt Irelia

01-18-2011

getting tanky-ap items works great on him. rod of ages, abysal sceptar, new armor+AP item, etc etc.

Akwaduk

Recruiter

01-18-2011

The way I build him is AP with defensive masteries

The extra AP make his heal + damage pretty great (1:1 AP ratios on headbutt and pulverize)

Plus his ult makes him a godly tank no matter what build you go with him

So yeah I usually go AP with nashors (for turrets) and litchbane (for the movement speed + extra damage)

Vurz

01-18-2011

Thanks for the replies so far. Best ways to look up Reep's vids? Also does he stream?

I usually build something like a mana manip to start to help me lane more effectively early game. then get boots then sheen. late game is usually a lich bane and something like frozen heart.

Salamandra

01-18-2011

Sheen->boots2->reverie-> triforce

From there build resistances

Vurz

01-18-2011

Bumpan for answers and more builds!

Idzuna

Recruiter

01-18-2011

This is just me, for a standard game with no priority build (ie need early MR or something):
Flash/Ghost
9/0/21
Arp/Mp5/MR/HP Quints

Meki pendant
Chalice
boots + philo stone
heart of gold
the other to build randuins (i forget)
kindlegem + boots 5
revelry
randuins

Luxury items