Warmog for who?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Who should be buying warmog? I'm a little confused cuz ppl keep saying its bad on this champ, etc

GalacticBars

01-17-2011

shen

Mitch Connor

01-17-2011

I really only like it on Shen. I usually main tanks and I find that it gets outshined by other, better items.

Akwaduk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-17-2011

Well from the games I've played I always face a sivir, yi, and sometimes annie with one

I almost always win these games

Just get warmogs on Cho gath or other tanks with super farm ability (like mordekaiser, except hes better with armor so just get it on cho :P )

Letkhar

01-17-2011

It's good if you have high resistance and low health with high farming capability.

SolemnWishes

01-17-2011

Mundo

sploofmoof

01-17-2011

I use it on any tank really. Like Shen, Rammus, or Galio. They have nice resists with just a few item, which gives the extra hp more meaning with the damage mitigation behind it

Shosuko

01-17-2011

don't get it on cho... that's redundant with his feast stacks...

The thing about warmogs is that raw health is like raw damage... it's the base. If you calculate armor and armor penetration you'll see the "real" damage.

If you take raw dps with no armor pen, and you are against a tank who has enough armor to take say 75% reduced phys damage, every 200 you attack with equals 50 taken. It's something ppl like to call "effective health" rather than raw health. Basically, penetration aside, if you're taking 75% reduced damage, you can multiply your max health by 4 and get your "effective health."

Here is where it gets even more important though - say you're the tank, and you outfit raw health (prolly some armor, but not much.) The dps against you can see your build and (combined with runes) build up only 30-95 penetration and deal near true damage to you... allowing them to build even higher damage levels which may not seem as bad to you (you would have more health to help you survive) but the squishies on your team are gonna die that much faster to it...

It's not that you should never buy warmogs, it's more that you should build armor first. After you have 150+ armor / mr, buying health items brings a much stronger effect (again if you're taking 75% reduced damage, that means your health x4 is your "effective health." So if you buy 1000 health with no armor, you get 1000 health. If you buy 500 health with 75% reduction, you're getting 2000 "effective health").

Not only that - but with force of nature being such a great health regen and magic resist item... it's not very important to buy warmogs as it gives -only- health and regen... where you could buy something like frozen mallet or sunfire cloak to get health and some extra effect.

afaik - champs who can get away rushing warmogs are - Vlad, Mundo, Shen.

I disagree on shen though - you get some burst damage out of it, but I think the amount of damage you gain isn't worth the cost of a pure health item (again no armor or other effect, and fon can recover health just fine alone) and ++ shen isn't really a damage dealer... With taunt he can force enemies to target him, and his ult shields another character so he doesn't need to deal damage to force focus onto him. Plus his feint takes his armor into consideration, so skipping armor for health weakens your shield.

Vlad - idk, I'd have to do the math. Would you get more ap out of stacking rabadons or warmogs? I think a vlad with more ap is greater than a vlad with more health.

Mundo - definitely mundo, since his ult recovery is based on his max health. However I think a mundo would still want armor, since effective health is still more important. He may heal more "raw" health with a warmog, but with armor he'll heal more "effective health" However it would be less of a waste on him for sure, especially late game where he could ult and live through every burst and cc the enemy has (unless they are smart and bring ignite / executioner's calling)

futsko

01-17-2011

Sivir can get away with getting a Warmog...hilariously enough

Krassith

01-17-2011

Nasus. He farms like a god. I love getting Warmogs, Bloodthirster, Atmas and Frozen Mallet on him.