Is Soraka bugged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sekita

01-17-2011

We just played a game.. that just left me with a stunned expression.

First off- I am far from pro, but I am not a noob either. So any insight of what I might be missing would be greatly appreciated. Whats NOT needed are the rantings of a 13 yr old child that didn't get enough hugs early on in life, so they feel they need to post random detrimental BS on a forum.

I will admit this player was a decent player/juker. What I cannot understand is HOW this was possible.
Here is the scenario.

Soraka's Build:

Dorans Ring
Ninja Tabi
Sunfire Cape
Tear of the Goddess
Force of Nature

Summoner Skills
Ghost
Smite

This player would heal for 600-800 with ONLY 54 AP. This player tanked and killed Amumu (Force of Nature, Aegis, Mercury Threads, Sunfire Cape) Ashe (Phantom Dancer, IE, Black Cleaver, Merc Threads) and Lux (over 300AP with some magic resist) WHILE under one of our turrets before being taken down by Rammus. It was like fighting an AP scion but she had barely any AP, and considering our magic resist....

Are her skills or the character in general bugged? Based on her items she should not have been healing for anywhere near that much or doing as much damage as she was.

MalHeartsNutmeg

01-17-2011

Soraka has incredible AP ratios, so 54 will help her out alot. I assume the 600 heal was from Wish.

Sounds like your team mates were very bad, or else the Soraka player extremely good. Also don't forget she can silence and damage for about 300, and her Q reduces enemy MR. Tank items obviously helped too.

Introvert

01-17-2011

Haven't you heard? If you cast Starfall for 36 seconds consecutively you will decrease the enemy magic resist by 160.

OP NERF NAO

Sekita

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalHeartsNutmeg View Post
Soraka has incredible AP ratios, so 54 will help her out alot. I assume the 600 heal was from Wish.

Sounds like your team mates were very bad, or else the Soraka player extremely good. Also don't forget she can silence and damage for about 300, and her Q reduces enemy MR. Tank items obviously helped too.
Team wasn't bad... Team was actually decent and we play together quite a bit. 54 AP? No she didnt use her ult, she just ran in and out of turret fire, constantly healing to full from half life. I checked her profile and she had lost 7/10 games and 2 of her wins were custom games so..
I am not sure about the "really good player" part. You can't cast wish every 10 seconds. Something just seems REALLY off about it.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Please don't make Soraka the next flavor of the month.

She's floundering as is.

Sekita

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Please don't make Soraka the next flavor of the month.

She's floundering as is.
Hey, I hear ya there. I like playing Soraka as she is with a decent team comp. I think this player was abusing some sort of exploit.

ahAbyss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Well turrets don't do 700 damage its very possible for her to heal the damage of one turret strike with a heal and 54 AP

Sekita

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahAbyss View Post
Well turrets don't do 700 damage its very possible for her to heal the damage of one turret strike with a heal and 54 AP
1 turret strike, Amumu stunning and tantrum, Ashe constant DPS, ... Lux nuking her to heck and back.

And she was on top lane near the turret with the small bush to the left. She ran in and out of turret fire as well as constant DPS from 3 well equipped champions.

Somehow.. I still think its off.

H1s m0m

01-17-2011

No, the amumu, ashe and lux are noobs and dont know how to right click.

Ramdonperson

01-17-2011

Given about 10 seconds I could heal myself (soraka) for about 600 with no AP, at only Lv 11 or so. I don't usually get Force of Nature but I believe that item restores HP over time as well. Not getting hurt by Amumu or Lux is no problem if you're juking correctly. I can semi-tank as soraka but I can't take down 3 people (the cooldown on E, one of her only damaging moves, is too long)

Anyway, it's still possible they were exploiting something, might want to submit a log file to some admins. Just my two cents