Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heimer's buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siegfryd

01-17-2011

Jungle Heimer is OP.

kefkac

01-17-2011

Quote:
SoloDragoon:
Two things -

A. I always place turret in bushes for general watching material.
B. A single turret sitting in a lane as well helps farm gold easier, while you focus on antoher, or it weakens one for you.

Good players last hit - true. Heimer on the other hand, can do this, but his real strength is in his lane control and pushing power early game.

Now good players know to kill heimers turrets fast, and there goes most of his control in the lane. Now we have a 25 second wait period after we place even a single one, or a one second period before another one, then there both dead. Early game, its important to help him farm. Late game its good to hold them for ganks / ward use ect..

i still feel its pretty good,and don't forget the new boots,maybe its time to try them? ill be honest didn't play heimer with the new boots,but I can see them working nicely with 10% from R at lv6,9% from masteries,15% from boots,thats 34% at lv6,pretty awesome in my book.

people will still try with him,but I feel this is still a buff,and ofc those boots also help's its other cd, magic pen is important on heimer ofc,but maybe with turrets now hitting champions all the time and lowering their resists can make up for no 20 mpen

xXCFXx Odin

01-17-2011

1 turret in bush in river to protect vs ganks, 1 turret to farm is the best setup. Only time you break this is if the enemy is out-pushing you, two turrets behind river on your side near your turret is good vs nasus/sivir or other strong pushers. Buy a ward later though as ganks are still important to guard against. I've found I get last hits more often if I attack the same target my turret is attacking, obviously it makes sense but if you do that, and only have one turret up, you'll still be getting most of your last hits and do it in safety.

Eternius Zephyr

01-18-2011

About the Heimerdinger changes...

I like the changes to Upgrade as a whole, but one question is unanswered and will have to be experimented with... does it force the turrets to fire on the closest champion to Heimerdinger and/or the turrets.

As for the Ammo system there are also a few outstanding questions...

From my understanding Heimerdinger will accumulate 'Charges' like Teemo's Mushrooms or Corki's Rockets... one question is how many charges of turrets can he store? That hasn't been answered and again we will have to see. The cooldown on gaining 'charges' is stated to be 25 seconds and like others side will likely be affected by CDR. That said... currently the CD on the turrets is 26/23/20/17/14 seconds. There are two scenerios that I see... either it is a flat 25 seconds per charge across all ranks or much like how it is now each rank will reduce the time per charge. If it is the 2nd scenerio where each rank will reduce the time per charge then this shouldnt effect him at all. If it is the 1st scenerio on the other hand... and it is a flat 25 seconds per charge... that is very bad news for Heimerdinger (again depending on how many charges he can hold at once). This change wouldnt affect his early game THAT MUCH other than the fact it will take 5 more seconds at level 5-6 between placing turrets (and this really only is a issue if the opponents keep killing his turrets). However late game on the other hand... you are talking about 11 more seconds between turret charges! That would be a massive nerf to his end game sustainability especially when his turrets become much more easily destroyed from enemy champtions. Also remember... because it is a change from a CD based skill to a skill dependant on a charge 'buff' to appear/stack... you no longer have a indicator as to WHEN the next turret will be available AND in addition to the time between charges you also have a 1s cast time... and effectively if you are placing turrets on every CD (like most Heimerdingers would end game would be) that means it is actually 26s between turrets instead of 14s.

Consider this... say the ammo system is limited to 2 charges and a team skirmish (not a outright fight). Currently a Heimerdinger would place turrets on every CD in an attempt to harass/counterharass and kill minon waves, but would die quickly to the enemy group. Heimerdinger can keep the pressure up as he can place turrets on every CD which (before CDR) is 14 seconds. Instead... Heimerdinger places two turrets in short order during the skirmish only to destroyed quickly like usual... and suddenly a outright team breaks out 10 seconds later. So now Heimdinger has to wait 15 seconds longer (before CDR) for the 1st charge to come back so he can place another turret in the middle of the team fight... and another 25 seconds (before CDR) for a second. So basically... Heimerdinger is without turrets at the start of the fight... he can grenade and he can rocket... but without those turrets Heimerdinger resulted in not being able to contribute much to that team fight... potentially resulting in a rout. But had it not been for that 25s per charge (assuming it is not affected by rank and it is a flat 25 seconds) he could of had at least one turret out in that team fight... and probably could of kept the pressure up allowing his team to push their team back.

In short the issue of the time between charges and if they are affected by rank like how it is now is the point that can make or break Heimerdinger. If they go ahead and limit Heimerdinger to 25s per charge (which is a 11s increased CD on turrets effectively... massive nerf)... and at the same time give him an extremely limited ammo limit (say 2)... this will frankly be a overall nerf to him dispite the improved AI. His team fighting abiltiies will in fact be more limited. Like I said... this could stand to be a MASSIVE nerf to Heimerdinger late game.

I still say they should of given him his 3rd turret back and revert that unneeded change when they made grenades no longer damage towers... and in doing so took away a lot of his damage potential and more importantly tactical capability.

I am concerned, but my questions wont be answered until tomorrow.

Kadzin

01-18-2011

Can't wait for people to constantly fail to land the grenade on the target because they didn't expect it to travel faster during Ult. xD

Eternius Zephyr

01-18-2011

Quote:
Kadzin:
Can't wait for people to constantly fail to land the grenade on the target because they didn't expect it to travel faster during Ult. xD

That is a seperate and also valid issue... having two different flight times on a single skill is a problem and one most people will struggle with and a issue Riot should of never created to begin with considering. Upgrade should of increased the radius of effect from the grenade... instead of a faster flight time.

Flight time of the Grenade was always a issue... at least if you are trying to focus one target during a gank or escape. It was never a issue in team fights which this change to the ultimate was SUPPOST to address... although on the other hand it will make it easier to stop Nunu/Kat ultimates... so its not all bad.