Heimer's buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kefkac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilr View Post
ammo system sounds like it will be a nerf on the patch that was supposed to buff. I guess we'll see. They shouldnt need to be "careful" buffing Heimer given how far down the uber list he is.....
how is it a nerf? one of the problems was that heimer couldnt place 2 turrets quick on a gank/teamfight.

if we understand that correctly,if it's an ammo system,it works like teemo shrooms,means cdr affects on how much time turrets gets stored.

go gank top,place 2 turrets in 3 secs behind them,turn on your ult,fire 5 rockets( way better now since you will most likely hit the 3 caster/melee minions and the person you're ganking, stun him with 1000 grenade speed,turrets finish him.

and since his ultimate gives 20% cdr,9% from masteries,10% from elixir,I can see it working pretty nicely,even in small skrimishes dropping 2 turrets and beating the **** out of them if they choose to hit you.( new AI )

xXCFXx Odin

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post
how is it a nerf? one of the problems was that heimer couldnt place 2 turrets quick on a gank/teamfight.

if we understand that correctly,if it's an ammo system,it works like teemo shrooms,means cdr affects on how much time turrets gets stored.

go gank top,place 2 turrets in 3 secs behind them,turn on your ult,fire 5 rockets( way better now since you will most likely hit the 3 caster/melee minions and the person you're ganking, stun him with 1000 grenade speed,turrets finish him.
Or, place one turret, fire 3 rockets, and a well-timed Conc nade (Cause Heimer users have been throwing nades for ages and have gotten the timing down pat, the new speed will just jack up the precision) and win that way, the new buffs are just a crutch to people who dont want to learn to be Heim and just want an OP caster. The only thing that was jacked on him was his turret AI, I'm upset with these buffs for my Heimer because he's going to be banned all the time, whined about, and over-used by baddies. Sad days...however when I do get to use him, it's going to be a horrific sight to behold...my poor enemies.

SoloDragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureShadow View Post
If it works like I think it will (Teemo shrooms) then the 25 seconds is reduced by CDR. The base cooldown is 1 second, unmodifiable.
If it is 25 seconds.. flat base like that... then his early game took a hit ... a really HARD hit. He depends on those turrets early game to help him farm / stay alive / push. So every "one minute" roughly I get to place two turrets (before level six).

With 25% cdr = 18 seconds rougly for a turret... push it up to fourty, 14 seconds roughly for a turret level 16... its just to much. The cool down on his other abilities are just so HIGH.

Tap that into the high mana cost, tap that into the one second delay between ammo.

This is all just speculation before obviously using it. But it just feels like a direct nerf at heimers early / pushing power. Granted his ult got upgraded but from my guess its was based off of well his ult not really doing much of anyting but slowing, and the rockets nearly always hitting minions in team fight. (as most fights are in lanes, or right next to creeps) so it was rough to actually hit more then one champion, and the grenade.. needed that, so badly. So easy to doge.

GeneralCake

01-17-2011

I'd rather just spam rockets.

kefkac

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDragoon View Post
If it is 25 seconds.. flat base like that... then his early game took a hit ... a really HARD hit. He depends on those turrets early game to help him farm / stay alive / push. So every "one minute" roughly I get to place two turrets (before level six).

With 25% cdr = 18 seconds rougly for a turret... push it up to fourty, 14 seconds roughly for a turret level 16... its just to much. The cool down on his other abilities are just so HIGH.

Tap that into the high mana cost, tap that into the one second delay between ammo.

This is all just speculation before obviously using it. But it just feels like a direct nerf at heimers early / pushing power. Granted his ult got upgraded but from my guess its was based off of well his ult not really doing much of anyting but slowing, and the rockets nearly always hitting minions in team fight. (as most fights are in lanes, or right next to creeps) so it was rough to actually hit more then one champion, and the grenade.. needed that, so badly. So easy to doge.

you don't need turrets to farm as heimer. hell,a good heimer will last hit with auto attacks and save his turrets or place his turrets back to defend himself if needed,if you use turrets to farm you will eventually push your lane and that's never good,heimer with 2 turrets can't afford to do that since you can't place one in the brush anymore or do a triangle with them to set up ur defenses

Prosecutor Godot

01-17-2011

He was already viable, although bottom of the barrel. This change helps, but not a whole lot. I still believe they should revert some of the AP ratio nerfs.

SoIo Wing

01-17-2011

This buff made him OP. He never needed any buff, just AI improvement yet they went ahead and made him 3x better than he already is

Help

01-17-2011

He plays a lot like the reaper in SC2 DoTA. If you guys play it, you know what I mean.
If he's anything like the reaper, he'll be far from OP.

kefkac

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Nutz View Post
This buff made him OP. He never needed any buff, just AI improvement yet they went ahead and made him 3x better than he already is
how can 5 rockets when his ult is running or 250 speed on grenade makes him 3x better?

SoloDragoon

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post
you don't need turrets to farm as heimer. hell,a good heimer will last hit with auto attacks and save his turrets or place his turrets back to defend himself if needed,if you use turrets to farm you will eventually push your lane and that's never good,heimer with 2 turrets can't afford to do that since you can't place one in the brush anymore or do a triangle with them to set up ur defenses
Two things -

A. I always place turret in bushes for general watching material.
B. A single turret sitting in a lane as well helps farm gold easier, while you focus on antoher, or it weakens one for you.

Good players last hit - true. Heimer on the other hand, can do this, but his real strength is in his lane control and pushing power early game.

Now good players know to kill heimers turrets fast, and there goes most of his control in the lane. Now we have a 25 second wait period after we place even a single one, or a one second period before another one, then there both dead. Early game, its important to help him farm. Late game its good to hold them for ganks / ward use ect..