Release Notes v1.0.0.109

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mature Pewp

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticT View Post
This rammus nerf was a complete joke.. seriously riot?? im thinking yay!! i dont have to waist a ban on rammus!! hes gonna be a normal tank!!! o wait.. that was just a wanna be nerf.. try taking his taunt down to 2 seconds?? and making his powerball not be able to catch ghost?? sombody at riot must be maining rammus to be this stupid..
As much as any company would have you think that changes are made according to balance, it has always been a problem in competitive online gaming. Take Dark Age of Camelot for one instance; the Vampiir and Warlock classes came out and all the Devs were playing them. People cried about how OP they were. Guess what? Next patch they got buffs and that's all you saw being played out of the other 34 classes in the game. It was always, 'Kill me one more time and I'll log my Vamp'.

Point is, I can give you a frown and a very lackluster pat of assurance that Riot is at some level withholding nerfs on certain champions even if they don't know it or openly admit to it themselves.

If you worked at a video game company and had a character you really liked, and the discussion came up to nerf him... how far would you want to take it? Would you be arguing for the nerfs based on community feedback or would you give some BS schpeel (schfifty-five!) on why just taking 3 seconds off a CD would not only inhibit your character but possibly render him useless? Top it off by making a video where 3 nerds allude to the possibility of community appeasement with a hearty, 'So can we just nerf Rammus?" , "OK!" and you've got the best bait all the fish are going to be biting at... too bad it's about as filling as the first few bites of Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo and leaves you wanting more.

IMHO Riot isn't as honest with themselves as they should be. People are people and aren't perfect but I'm curious as to how they can be honest with the community they're building when they can't even be honest with themselves.

Oh, and this had a little too much maturity in it... so...

Pewp.

Diogennes

01-18-2011

I like everything here guys. Awesome.
But wasn't there supposed to be an Alistar rework?
With Trample and buffed Q and such.

I was really looking foward to that. What happened?

Also like the Nasus change. Coulda used more buffs but, looking foward to testing this out.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

01-18-2011

I do not like how Lizard is no longer applied on "Ace in the Hole". Crystal Scepter is a not valuable choice on Caitlynn...

Save Tonight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

In the video they were like "can we nerf rammus" "yea" So they increased the cooldown by 3

Not really worth mentioning good patch tho even tho Sona isn't getting love

Jack Harkness

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKingz View Post
Agreed! It was such an awsome time as he had 5 Turrets!
This is exactly why I see 50 bad heimers to every 1 good heimer. The problem is that people think his turrets are his best skill, this is also why he's been so underrated for so long. His turrets are by far his WORST skill. His rockets are a large nuke with 3 (now potentially 5) targets. That's a lot of freaking damage, not to mention his blind/stun double cc aoe skill that's a decent nuke? Who the hell cares about turrets? They're nice and all but they're just there they help him farm and can save him with rylais or ult slow.

SnowFall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Tryndamere
  • Undying Rage duration reduced to 5 seconds from 6
  • Battle Fury passive critical chance increased to 10-50% from 0-50%

General
  • We have changed how critical strike and dodge chance work. You will now get fewer ‘lucky’ or ‘unlucky’ streaks where you get no critical hits/dodges in a row, or a lot of them in a row. Your average chance to get a crit is the same as before though – if you have a 50% crit rate, and you make 100 attacks, you’ll still crit about 50 times.
Congratz riot, u have ruined him. I will never play my favourite character anymore...

Llamafarmer

01-18-2011

Rammus nerf was almost pointless.... who gives a **** about the cooldown when he is ganking yo ass fresh from the jungle.

Warrrrax

01-18-2011

I kinda wish they would fix more of the bottom-feeder champs.

Galio - nerfed into uselessness. Ive not seen him do ANYTHING useful post-nerf. Who plays him?

Gragas - lost spirit visage, locket, AND got nerfed on top of that. Worse than he was before Riot buffed his barrel many months ago!

Kayle and other bottom feeder champs - nobody plays em.

At least they tried to bring Nasus back.

TetraHedra

01-18-2011

More Sivir Skins Please.

Redleafe

01-18-2011

Tryndamere's rage to 5? Awesome. This patch just goes to show how much work Riot puts in. I play this not only because it's free but because this game is heavily updated and adjusted. Good stuff.