Renekton's Judgment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobrikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

First of all, yeah silly that he blasts his way all the way to the summoning platform at level 1 especially having to plow through MF, Rammus and Allistar to do it.

Quote:
In a beam of light, his brother's body vanishes.
blah blah blah
he sees Nasus appear on a platform similar to the one that had brought him here
I think Rene beat Nasus and triggered a respawn, revived possibly? Maybe blue pill... Teleport wouldn't get you back to the platform.
... for the sake of story they fudge things like Levels and Casting Times.

Anyway for this ignite confusion; looking back, Nasus wasn't exactly set to fight him in the first place.
Quote:
"Brother, stop! What are you doing here?"
When he sees his bro running at the platform the experienced champion tries to warn him...
Quote:
Nasus reaches out to hold up his palm, as if to stop his brother,
too late. Fountain beams BBQs him...

Die Nacht

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Orkz View Post
I disagree that he charged into the real Summoner's Rift.

Due to the magical properties of the Great Hall and those doors, he could have been sent into an illusion like all the other judge champions. While in this illusion, the Summoners of the League were able to capture and contain him. When he "dies", he is being ejected from the illusion and finds himself bound with Nasus standing nearby. The scent he was following was being manipulated by the League so that he may come here and be contained easily.

That's my theory anyways.

As for his cause of death, it would seem that it was from Nasus' Ignite. The three champions attacking him surely did damage despite him shoving them away, so all the jackal had to do was burn him.
I disagree. Nasus didn't look like he was acting or anything (unlike Garen is his many apparitions on Judgement).

Nasus, on the other hand, was completely surprised when he saw him.

oGreenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Lux Ulti'd obviously

igiul

01-18-2011

tanks

EdwinMols

01-18-2011

What irritates me far more is what I found missing from Renekton's Judgment - any attempt at an explanation as to why the summoners in Runeterra attempted to summon either of them in the first place. Perhaps I've missed it somewhere, but I believe that nothing more than the contrived reason that they are "strong warriors that can fight in the League" has been evidenced to us.

There is a difference between utility vagueness within a plot for further expansion, and sloppy loose ends. If only they would write a good League Judgment for Nasus, they could have a second chance to tie this up...

...then again, I may as well just write my own...

Daddy Dennis

01-19-2011

He was taken down by his own rage. Now his rage is going to be exploited to destroy the enimies of the folk. Sheriff Caitlyn and all Yordle haters will soon find out why we lured him to this place.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinMols View Post
What irritates me far more is what I found missing from Renekton's Judgment - any attempt at an explanation as to why the summoners in Runeterra attempted to summon either of them in the first place. Perhaps I've missed it somewhere, but I believe that nothing more than the contrived reason that they are "strong warriors that can fight in the League" has been evidenced to us.

There is a difference between utility vagueness within a plot for further expansion, and sloppy loose ends. If only they would write a good League Judgment for Nasus, they could have a second chance to tie this up...

...then again, I may as well just write my own...
It was said in one of the JoJ's (Issue 10 I think) that when the League was in its infancy, many City-States were skeptical about its ability to prevent wars and retain order. Many of them didn't send many of their champions at first. That's why summoners brought beings from other worlds to Runeterra and "convinced" them to fight in the League. After the League gained sufficient strength from doing this, City-States started sending more of their champions. The summoners then stopped recruiting beings from other worlds b/c doing so was dangerous.

Raile

01-19-2011

The summoners were initially trying to grab Renekton because of what he had become. He was a mindless beast of great power that no one would miss, and would certainly improve conditions on his world if he were to go missing. They also grabbed Nasus by mistake apparently, but Nasus most likely found a new cause to stick around the league, possibly more since Renekton finally showed up. Hell, he may be sticking around if the summoners promised to make his brother sane again.

Empty Mirage

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Wait wait, doesn't that mean he wasn't affected by the powers of the Fields of Justice? I thought it was stated that the League limits the champion's powers when they enter a match, so doesn't that mean he was like level 30 to start with?
He was not formally a champion to begin with, he pretty much destroyed the doors leading to the field of justice hunting for Nasus-I hope they have insurance- ran through minons, raped Miss Fortune -she did not deserve that- Rammus -with the 5v5s i have lost because of him OK-, Alistar, -maybe, I hate his headbutt- and managed to run through the God Turrent until he was knocked out- all of this as not a part of the league and thier power limits, that is the reasoning.