Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renamed skills that fit skins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Himynameistravis

01-17-2011

I was wondering. Why not change what the skills are named for a champion to match what the skin's theme is?
A good example is Mundo's meat cleaver. Business Mundo throws a briefcase. Why not rename it to "Throw Briefcase"?

Another good example would be Karthus' Requiem ability while the Statue of Karthus skin is selected. Perhaps you can name it "Freedom".

To help lessen the confusion for what an ability is really named, the actual name can be listed in a different color at the end of the description or in a smaller faunt after the new name.

I also noticed that for things like Twitch's Spray and Pray that the ability still says 'crossbow' even if Gangster Twitch is selected.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Add your own ideas too.

Toby Something

01-17-2011

i think to keep everything smooth and consistent, keep the same names for the skills. Which i understand if you are good at a certain champion it wouldn't really matter.

My thoughts

American PaWn

01-18-2011

I like this idea. New people to a champion would be reading the tool tip for the skill so I don't see how there would be any confusion. Also the skill placement/hotkeys would still be the same. People tend to refer to the skills as Q or W anyway as opposed to the name of the skill. It's just a fun detail to the individual person. IMO, if they do this in a patch, that patch should also include other individual client changes as well such as different color health bar and making that health bar the primary overlap to anything else on the screen.

Trash Talk

01-24-2011

I call boo on this simply because this would require alot of time and would probably raise champ prices because you want Firefighter Tristana's W to be called "Spray Water Faster".

King Sandeep

01-24-2011

Too much work, and what a pain it would be to explain what skill you're talking about when it's named differently for each skin.