Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Item Suggestion] Iceworn Pendant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowclaimer

01-11-2010

Sapphire Crystal (400)
+200 Mana

Glacial Shroud (1675)
+500 Mana
+40 Armor
Unique Passive: 20% Lower Cooldowns

400 + 1675 + 400 (Combine)

Iceworn Pendant (2475)
450 Mana
48 Armor
Unique Passive: 20% Lower Cooldowns (Doesn't stack with Glacial Shroud)
Unique Passive: Nearby enemies have their movement speed lowered by 15%.

fuzzy logic

Recruiter

01-11-2010

Quote:
Shadowclaimer:
Unique Passive: Nearby enemies have their movement speed lowered by 15%.

That looks overpowered to me. A slow being applied by just being near an enemy seems op. I guess it'd depend on the items range.

Why does combining the two cause you to lose 250 mana? Is that a tradeoff for the slow or a mistake?

Also, a 400 gold combine cost with that passive is far too low.

Shadowclaimer

01-11-2010

Quote:
fuzzy logic:
That looks overpowered to me. A slow being applied by just being near an enemy seems op. I guess it'd depend on the items range.

Why does combining the two cause you to lose 250 mana? Is that a tradeoff for the slow or a mistake?

Also, a 400 gold combine cost with that passive is far too low.

Ah math mistake for some reason, must've hit the wrong number (I use the numpad)

So what would be a better combine cost?

fuzzy logic

Recruiter

01-11-2010

I think at least doubling the combine cost would be acceptable. 800-1050 gold combine cost. Of course this all depends on the range of that 15% slow aura.

Who is this item for?

It'd be useful for mages/nukers like Veigar. The mana and CDs are great for a nuker and the armor is a bit situational. The slow aura being useful for a nuker would depend upon the range. It'd probably be good for ganking, as that slow would allow for an extra spell or two to be cast before the target gets away.

It'd be dandy on tanks too. Lowered CDs are great for tanks; CD reduction is great for any champion really. The mana would be nice and needed with the CD reduction. The slow would help your dps and nukers chase down fleeing enemies. The slow would help with initiating.

Carries... would depend on the slow aura size. The determining factor would be, is the slow worth getting over a dps increasing item? In ganks, maybe (better for a tank to get). In team fights, probably not so good.

Anyhow, I'm saying the item needs justification and more specific stats, like the range of the slow aura. I like the item fine, but I wouldn't know how to balance the slow aura without playing a real game with it.

Shadowclaimer

01-11-2010

Quote:
fuzzy logic:
I think at least doubling the combine cost would be acceptable. 800-1050 gold combine cost. Of course this all depends on the range of that 15% slow aura.

Who is this item for?

It'd be useful for mages/nukers like Veigar. The mana and CDs are great for a nuker and the armor is a bit situational. The slow aura being useful for a nuker would depend upon the range. It'd probably be good for ganking, as that slow would allow for an extra spell or two to be cast before the target gets away.

It'd be dandy on tanks too. Lowered CDs are great for tanks; CD reduction is great for any champion really. The mana would be nice and needed with the CD reduction. The slow would help your dps and nukers chase down fleeing enemies. The slow would help with initiating.

Carries... would depend on the slow aura size. The determining factor would be, is the slow worth getting over a dps increasing item? In ganks, maybe (better for a tank to get). In team fights, probably not so good.

Anyhow, I'm saying the item needs justification and more specific stats, like the range of the slow aura. I like the item fine, but I wouldn't know how to balance the slow aura without playing a real game with it.

I feel it'd be best on support/tanks, allowing them to keep the enemy team down a bit to allow their allies to move in. Think of it like Frozen Heart, it reduces 25% attack speed on all nearby enemies, this is essentially the movement speed version.