Regardless of the reason Renekton was changed last-second...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheShortestPath

01-17-2011

You're forgetting the part where LeBlanc wasn't even remotely overpowered, and since the "hotfix" a few days after she came out I have not seen anybody play her once.

downfall20

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by azureshadow View Post
you're forgetting the part where leblanc wasn't even remotely overpowered, and since the "hotfix" a few days after she came out i have not seen anybody play her once.
lol

Trace Excalibur

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureShadow View Post
You're forgetting the part where LeBlanc wasn't even remotely overpowered, and since the "hotfix" a few days after she came out I have not seen anybody play her once.
Excuse me? I've spent a lot of time playing her and she is in no way underpowered. If she was kept the way she was at launch, she would be at least slightly OP. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion.

Skyeclaw

01-17-2011

Quote:
Dropping some one to less than half their HPin one rotation with no ap items and then blinking back to safety isn't "remotely overpowered"?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-17-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Europe called. They have your high-level LeBlanc players.

Cadfan

01-17-2011

Imagine watching a commercial for a car. In the commercial, the car drives around, and you hear someone talk about how affordable it is.

Later you find out that the demonstration model car used in the commercial is more fuel efficient than the one you purchased, due to some supplier issues that occurred post filming.

You can't exactly claim that you were misled by the commercial, can you. The commercial never told you the car's gas mileage. You just saw it driving around. Maybe you could have used slow motion replays to analyze the gas gauge to determine the miles per gallon, but you didn't.

Well, same thing. You can't tell me you honestly watched that video, figured out the numbers on his abilities, and are now upset that they'll be different on release.

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Conspiracy or not...once again its a misleading spotlight... the same way vlad was changed.. and if people only watch the vids on youtube and play the game they have NO way of knowing the change until they *BUY* the character.

FastaPasta

01-17-2011

the only thing that bugs me is that the spotlight was showcasing a now obsolete version of Renek. To me, a spotlight/tutorial should be done only when it is certain that the champ is at final release version

seems like common sense to be so that people get the real deal instead of the false illusion, that might just be me though.

Thanorodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Morello consistently makes me laugh.

Thanks, bro.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A lot of you have requested what we actually did for balance since the spotlight video, so here goes:

1. His Fury generation was a little too high in that video and thus made him pretty much always have Fury bonuses on all the time. We've reduced it by roughly 40% from what the video is and shifted it towards his passive a bit more.

2. His cooldowns in the video were waay too low early on. We've rescaled the cooldowns such that they generally end up at about the same place but start somewhat higher. His final cooldowns are about 2 seconds longer than in the video, but their starting cooldowns are higher.

3. His base damage on his stats/skills were a little high. His life leech ability was also stealing a little too much health, so we've reduced both those numbers.

That's about it. *ponder*

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Note that this is all unofficial, since Community will probably want to handle this their own way.
While I agree Renekton shouldn't be released overpowered, I think posting Xypherous' comments under the spotlight thread would clear up a lot of the confusion.