Regardless of the reason Renekton was changed last-second...

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trace Excalibur

Senior Member

01-17-2011

There's no reason to whine about it.

Consider the following:
If Riot didn't change him, we would have people complaining about Xin/LeBlanc levels of extreme OP.
If Riot did change him (This is the course of action we're seeing right now), people would complain about the change being done to deceive and profit off of unwary players.

Now, did they do it for money or to help the community? Well, it doesn't really matter. Riot Games is a professional company with large running costs, and they have to turn a profit somehow. This is a free game, and though many of you choose to spend money on it, it's your choice whether or not you do. Even if they employ slightly shady methods at times in order to turn a profit, Riot has a much better track record than a lot of other companies out there.

In any case, I'm inclined to believe that this decision was not money-oriented. It probably takes time to make a champion spotlight and if a last-minute decision was made it would be tough to go back and change all of the relevant moments in the spotlight. Whether Riot made the change now or not, it was going to result in rage anyways, so it's better to do it now before anyone has to play against an OP Renekton.

TL;DR:
If you are complaining about the Renekton change, stop. There would've been rage about it no matter what, so it's better that Riot does so now. And even if it was money oriented, they're allowed to make some profit. It IS a free game.


Bleh. I totally could've written better arguments here. Oh well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monzilfunpants

Senior Member

01-17-2011

If I'm trying to hussle someone, I sure wouldn't post the "hussle" to millions of players on my own official forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Among Tides

Senior Member

01-17-2011

What was the change ._.?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trace Excalibur

Senior Member

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelfz View Post
What was the change ._.?
It was discovered that his stats on his abilities were super-powerful (244HP lifesteal at level 4 powerful)
So they nerfed the numbers on his stats.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Among Tides

Senior Member

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace Excalibur View Post
It was discovered that his stats on his abilities were super-powerful (244HP lifesteal at level 4 powerful)
So they nerfed the numbers on his stats.
Oh okay. Not that much of a reason to make people cry about the change...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMysticMan

Member

01-17-2011

First true post about Renekton tonight. Well done OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-17-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

The part that always makes me laugh is the tin-foil hat theories and conspiracies. I honestly couldn't make some of that stuff up if I was trying to write a short story about a conspiracy theory.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucky Pierre

Senior Member

01-17-2011

As someone said before me, would you rather have the op hero for 2 days with a hotfix or him just being nerfed out of the gates and not screwing up games, really that seems to be the choice people are facing here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NougetTime

Senior Member

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace Excalibur View Post
There's no reason to whine about it.

Consider the following:
If Riot didn't change him, we would have people complaining about Xin/LeBlanc levels of extreme OP.
If Riot did change him (This is the course of action we're seeing right now), people would complain about the change being done to deceive and profit off of unwary players.

Now, did they do it for money or to help the community? Well, it doesn't really matter. Riot Games is a professional company with large running costs, and they have to turn a profit somehow. This is a free game, and though many of you choose to spend money on it, it's your choice whether or not you do. Even if they employ slightly shady methods at times in order to turn a profit, Riot has a much better track record than a lot of other companies out there.

In any case, I'm inclined to believe that this decision was not money-oriented. It probably takes time to make a champion spotlight and if a last-minute decision was made it would be tough to go back and change all of the relevant moments in the spotlight. Whether Riot made the change now or not, it was going to result in rage anyways, so it's better to do it now before anyone has to play against an OP Renekton.

TL;DR:
If you are complaining about the Renekton change, stop. There would've been rage about it no matter what, so it's better that Riot does so now. And even if it was money oriented, they're allowed to make some profit. It IS a free game.


Bleh. I totally could've written better arguments here. Oh well.
ITS NOT THE CHANGE, its the fact that they couldn't say it under the friggn post. I mean come on, it takes no effort to type a few extra word and it would save so much QQ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trace Excalibur

Senior Member

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The part that always makes me laugh is the tin-foil hat theories and conspiracies. I honestly couldn't make some of that stuff up if I was trying to write a short story about a conspiracy theory.
See, now this is why I like the Riot employees, and why I don't think they made the change for monetary reasons. They respond to situations in a human way, instead of in a soulless corporate robot way.


12345 ... 6