should there be a guide to laning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dovvntempo

01-11-2010

I'm thinking of creating a guide on what it is to lane, or what to do early game. I've searched in the basic guides but I don't think (and I very well could be wrong) that such a well-presented guide exists. I really helped out a complete newbie to the game today and I feel that it'd be nice to have the early laning phase spelled out so ppl dont get discouraged or they have some sort of game plan, even if they aren't the best player.

so, should I start creating one? Or does a good one already exist? If it does, I'd like to see it too.

amraK

01-11-2010

I think this is a great idea. Allow me to be the first to invite you to make this guide. It is a topic that is broad enough to help any player, unlike the champion specific guides that I see everyday.

Milskidasith

01-11-2010

I have already written a guide on laning, seen here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=45192

It is mostly complete, although I feel I could discuss in further length and mention other subjects (who to lane with is probably the most major thing I feel like I left out, along with a more general take on zone of control), but it gives a good introduction to how to choose if you go solo or with a partner, the different ways to last hits and what champions they benefit, and a primer to harassing, not being harassed, killing, and not overextending yourself and getting yourself killed (a major problem with newbies; many characters act far too risky by attempting to harass enemy champions at far higher health than them, which can lose games.)

Ennbeard

01-11-2010

What I'd love is a guide on late game team fights.

That stuff is alien to me.

Milskidasith

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroN7 View Post
What I'd love is a guide on late game team fights.

That stuff is alien to me.
The basics are pretty much "Play with premades, because even if your team is more fed a solo queue team won't ever initiate with you. If you are solo queuing and a tank, run up and attack somebody and pray your allies realize that, by focusing on you, all of their abilities are off cooldown and they can easily gank people. If you are a caster, pray that your tanks realize they aren't going to die to one burst and you guys can mop up when they run in. If you are anybody, don't run off into the jungle even if you mark exactly where you want, because unless it's baron (and only rarely then) you're team will never follow you there and you'll get ganked, and then they'll run in after you get ganked and get ganked yourself.

But seriously, the basics if your team isn't full of idiots are "bait the enemy into attacking your tank somehow, especially if you can suprise them from the side/with stealth so you have more people than it looks like, then kill all the casters/physcarries, then push while mopping up any tanks the enemy has left. Use AoE moves as often as possible, and try to stay back if you are squishy. Don't go alone, ever."

dovvntempo

01-12-2010

yay, it's already been done and I don't have to do it! Back to playing then...

Slide

01-12-2010

HECK YES!!

And it should be stickied too. I cant even tell you how many newbs ive had to explain laning too. Not the easiest thing in game chat. A good comprehensive guide would do wonders for new players.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....oning-tutorial

Not exactly laning, but it's related.