Poppy Equipment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckywild

01-11-2010

With Poppy just around the corner, lets start talking about some of the equipment that will scale well with her. I just started playing so I'm still getting familer with all the equipment in the game but it seems building her for Damage and Defense is the way to go, so I'm thinking Atma's and Madred's are good fits. Also with her her charge and abilities Sunfire and Thornmail might be natural fits. What do people think?

Zine

01-11-2010

She will be a sheen/triforce user to help burst targets down during her ult.

wildfire393

01-11-2010

Ironically, with the way that her passive works (at least, the way it worked on the test realm, where any damage dealing >10% of your current health does 50% less), a heavy investment in tank items is actually counter-productive, as it makes it more likely that damage does not exceed this threshold.

Indeed, Sheen/Trinity seems like a good way to boost her damage, especially with Crushing Blow applying to her basic attack (similar to Siphoning Strike or Power Fist, which are both notoriously good with Sheen/Trinity). Aside from that, standard tank/support items like Stark's, Aegis, and Frozen Heart seem like they would make sense, particularly the latter two, as her ult + charge lets her be in the middle of a group of enemies easily

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Considering her ulti makes her invincible and any sort of damage reduction or health increase is counterproductive in relation to her passive, I'd sooner build her pure attack damage, much like Tryn.

Harlon

01-11-2010

I agree with wildfire393. I'm curious as to how effective health regen without +health items will be. Starting out a match with one, maybe two philosopher's stones and then progressing through ninja tabi or mercury boots, stark's, tiamat, trinity, guardian angel. Or will just building her as a physical carry be enough with a cooldown redux item for her ult?

ZGBudai

01-11-2010

Like others have previously said, all I can think of is Trinity Force and Merc Treads. Stacking Brutalizer on her might work. Along with a Black Cleaver, she would be a force to be reckoned with.

Klazzix

01-11-2010

Aside from Trinity Force, some lifesteal may be good. You're in melee range anyway, you can't wait for that health regen to fill you up.

Felborne

01-12-2010

Yes i think Tri force is deffinatly the way to go, and i think with her passive on atk being x2 that of madreds bloodrazor throwing on a Phantom dancer might be applicable, along with a malady, the more hits you can get off the better imo, i cant wait to test her out when she's released, im curious if madreds bloodrazor will stack with her passive. but im all for going atk speed and dmg seeing as how this hero will most likely be the best tower diver in the game thus far.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-12-2010

I was thinking more the crit chance/lifesteal route personally.

Epistemic

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Trinityfore is definitely the way to go; her second ability gives you extra armor/damage when you attack/are attacked, so you won't need as much armor. Aspd will be a plus, since you don't have any slows except Trinityforce (you will want aspd so you can proc trinityforce as much as possible).

I personally see her as a tank killer, I mean, her first ability gives more damage based on the enemies health, and her second ability does more damage the more she's beat on (and gives her armor to last through it) and then of course her ult (if you kill the enemy you selected for her ulti, she will be immune for the rest of the duration); so I would go for something that would help her kill tanks more, i.e. Madred's or Black cleaver, something along those lines.