Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

01-17-2011
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
what funny is that Riot still has Employees who use Racial slurs in there Forum & Online names they have done nothing to change the name "RiotJeffJew" or something like that.
Jeff Jew's name is *actually* Jeff Jew.

k0b3 CleoFairy

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamantiumClaws View Post
what funny is that Riot still has Employees who use Racial slurs in there Forum & Online names they have done nothing to change the name "RiotJeffJew" or something like that.

I have ran into players who use the name "****" in there online & forum names it still has not been changed.
I'm going to assume you think the "Jew" in his name is offensive or something. Which is terribly racist of you.

Excitement

01-17-2011

He got canned. Serves him right too.

xTheMadHatter

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clustercluck View Post
It makes me kind of sad for him. He lost his cool and now he has to find a new job and possibly move. His life is ruined over losing his temper once and nobody should be happy about that. It's a video game, guys. Someone's life is ruined. It's not funny or good.
Life lesson learned the hard way.

BINKSIES

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clustercluck View Post
It makes me kind of sad for him. He lost his cool and now he has to find a new job and possibly move. His life is ruined over losing his temper once and nobody should be happy about that. It's a video game, guys. Someone's life is ruined. It's not funny or good.
This probably isn't the type of job he's looking for if he shows such behaviour.

sealTERROR

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Dog maybe we're related , my name is john jew, and i'm asian too..

Zerdo

01-17-2011

Glad to see this case has been closed so quickly. Was quite a storm.

WΎR ؃ LL

01-17-2011

Quote:
Hello Summoners!

Over the weekend we were informed of an unfortunate incident where a Riot Games employee acted inappropriately during a game he was streaming. Riot employees are held to a high standard and after thorough review of the incident we have determined that the employees actions were both inappropriate and outside the confines of Riot Games internal policy. We hold our employees to higher standards of discretion and professionalism, and take matters that impact our community extremely seriously. and We have since unbanned the account that was negatively impacted by this regrettable turn of events.

As a result of this unfortunate situation the employee in question is no longer with Riot Games. Additionally, we will be reviewing internal policy and training procedures to take steps to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

Thanks,
Steve "Pendragon" Mescon
Director of Community Relations
Riot Games Inc

Note: Please keep discussion of this to this thread - all other threads will be closed
Well done Pendragon. Much respect to Riot for doing the right thing in this situation and showing the public that they hold their employees to a high standard.

BiggerFish

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftyn View Post
Retribution! Finally a sense of justice exists on these forums. Congrats gentlemen, you just scored 10 cool points.
No one wins in this sort of thing man.

We (and Riot) just lost less then he did.

TalkGibberish

01-17-2011

Quote:
Obviously his ancestors are racists. You should ban them