Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Amish Ninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar88 View Post
Are you allowed to share what actually happened? From what i saw in the "other" thread, no party was at fault and it was just the case of a slight over reaction.
The screenshots are pretty ****ing. I can empathize with getting mad in a competitive game, but the abuse of power was quite over the top. If the ban had been lifted entirely it wouldn't have been quite as bad, but still arguably grounds for termination. The fact that Psy gave out a month ban for what was essentially a rough game with poor communication and THEN reduced it to 2 days instead of lifting it entirely and realizing his mistake seemed to be what tipped the scales in the favor of letting him go.

That, and the whole unreleased Garen skin thing. If you've ever worked in the game industry, you'll know leaks like that can destroy you.

ossur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

way harsh bro

Kajax

01-17-2011

I appreciate the response to this incident, thanks Riot.

platty

01-17-2011

Well, I'm glad you dealt with it quickly, sucks to be him. But he made his own choices.

13eta

01-17-2011

Firing was the only option when the thread has nearly 2,000 replies and the incident is referenced on other sites.

It's overkill for what's a relatively minor offense, really, but it got too much exposure, lol.

Taking Your Life

01-17-2011

Seriously, how can you say firing him was extreme? The founders of Riot, sorry I don't know all their names, have poured alot of time and effort into their future/game, and demand the best from all their employees.

Am sure he did not join Riot thinking, well I can do whatever and not get back lashed.

They have a reputation to uphold, and it is their livelihood.

Great job Riot, am glad you are keeping your standards high, and making the customers happiness the number 1 priority.

Lord Van Gogh

01-17-2011

A company should work for the benefit of the customer.

Well done on this, Pendragon on the update, Riot on the quick action.

Pewbacca

01-17-2011

I dont think he should have been fired. Its unfortunate that a lot of people wanting his head dont understand the repercussions and are playing internet games with someones life.

Still glad you guys are holding yourselves to a high standard.

Clustercluck

01-17-2011

It makes me kind of sad for him. He lost his cool and now he has to find a new job and possibly move. His life is ruined over losing his temper once and nobody should be happy about that. It's a video game, guys. Someone's life is ruined. It's not funny or good.

Shwab

01-17-2011

Justice >.>