Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaciepoo View Post
am i the only one that feels sorry for the guy that got fired?
Feel bad for him being fired? No it's evident that this was the only proper course of action. It solved a problem and maintained professional integrity for a company. I fully support proper punishment, and I feel like that was 100% executed when he was released from his job. As for the companies integrity, I do not know why a locked and detailed announcement wasn't enough, but I do trust Pendragon's decision still.

thorns

01-17-2011

can we just leave it now?

Dirty Foot

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athxx View Post
Even so, the fact that it has a high possibility that it was him (in this case it was 100% him), it doesnt make Riot look good at all. He did all the actions including banning live on stream. Though we dont have a video footage, someone was able to take screen shots of his actions.
I was talking about all the high tier ragers like Hotshot, Grackis, etc., that people are always saying should get banned for raging.

Athxx

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurguer View Post
i guess he dint get the warning also since he dint give Ez one
Is life he will just have to move on
Ya except didnt he just move to LA recently? Kind of sucks the moment you get there and you're fired within a week. Evil as it sounds, I'm laughing pretty hard about this.

Crownface

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivarudra View Post
by using the title of asian or jew doesnt make it any sort of racist. its people like you thatt say that it is infact racist. gg on being a racist. i dont see anything wrong with being a jew or asian. people are allowed to be proud of what they are but people like you saying that the word asian or jew is racist is what oppresses them.
I'm a Jew and I speak semi-fluent Chinese, and I'm a Chinese Studies Major.

I'm a Jew and Asian stuff is pretty cool.

I forgot those words aren't PC now, I forget when they lost that classification.

Mr Lex

01-17-2011

Suddenly, months later, we find out he's still working for Riot, but under a new alias.

Great, now that I made the joke, the doubt is actually stuck in my head.

In all seriousness, glad that Riot isn't afraid to lay down some appropriate punishment for horribly inappropriate behavior.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Ya except didnt he just move to LA recently? Kind of sucks the moment you get there and you're fired within a week. Evil as it sounds, I'm laughing pretty hard about this.
Trolololol, if he acts fast he can get a deal on the return ticket.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
Don't be like this.

He's probably cleaning out his stuff and trying to figure out what he's going to do for a career now, while making plans to move all his **** back where he came from. Taunting him is just stooping to a level no one should really be enjoying so much.
I'm not enjoying this. It's pretty sad actually what the guy did. But he deserved what he got. Just because I'm not enjoying it doesn't mean I have to feel sorry or pity the guy either. He was a jerk and a racist IMO and for being someone that insults others by calling them 'kid' he certainly acted quite childish.

CheeseBurguer

01-17-2011

Quote:
The irony of life

crowsntacos

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarenArterius View Post
When he was in-game, it was as a player. Other people talk trash and use slurs all the time in game, and what happens to them? Game bans.

This guy is getting fired, and if his facebook is any indication he made a lot of changes in his life specifically so he could have this job.

Why is he being treated like an Employee when his offense was commited as a player? My employer would never fire me for things I do on my off days (even if I was in my place of employment).

In addition, when you have hundreds of people calling for the head of a single person, what choice does this leave the people in charge with? This was not being treated like a regular case like it should have been. This was made public.

It gets worse though. Since everyone made such a big deal of it, it escalated to the point where sites like IGN started noticeing. In that instance, it would make Riot look like a company of hypocrites if they didn't ban him (this happened right after the release of Tribunal).

Neither I nor you (or anyone else) should have been made aware of this. Incidents like this disgust me, that poor guys life has probably been ruined. Not just his career, but now millions of people know his IRL identity, so there is bound to be reprecussions there. How do you think that feels? I would be mortified if people knew who I really was and used that information against me.

Did he really "offend" that person? Did psyonic make that person's life "terrible?" Well, that person certainly did so to Psyonic. Here is food for thought: Riot encourages the use of in-game report functions and the use of a support line, yet here they are responding to a smear campaign on the forums. What kind of behavior do you think this encourages?

I could go on, but this mess disappoints me. Everyone gets angry and rages in-game sometimes. I would have done to him what Riot does to anyone who verbally harasses in game: given him a warning and a temporary ban. He wasn't playing as a CS rep: at the time he was a player and nothing else. Though employed, he isn't on the clock at all times.
Interesting stance. I'd say though it's okay to play on your off days, in this case, his liesure time was spent playing the game client of the company he works for. This alone doesn't make it an issue, but when he directly states that he's a Riot employee, he's held to a standard, even if it's in game 'as a player' as you put it.

While I do agree that this message sent by Pendragon is to give people some closure, this guy's real life identity has been exposed, and it is a real problem with real repercussions for this guy.

I sympathize with the reprecussions, not the judgment of Riot as a company for their reaction to his behavior. Especially because this guy had direct control over what he said and how he reacted to player behavior.

My stance is you're off the clock till you wave the flag that you're an employee. Then you become part of the company with everything you do until the end of that session. Riot seemed to agree.