Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleoste

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
Is this a public service announcement or a public stoning?

A closed sticky post would have been more than enough.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athxx View Post
Even so, the fact that it has a high possibility that it was him (in this case it was 100% him), it doesnt make Riot look good at all. He did all the actions including banning live on stream. Though we dont have a video footage, someone was able to take screen shots of his actions.
We do have video footage, the guy with the video is at work and will upload it when he gets home. IT was pretty boring for about half an hour though, like a 2 hour video.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Not sure what side you're arguing with that post, but Riot seems to have handled this in an appropriate way. They made a public apology for the employee's actions, and let everyone know that they're going to be revising their training methods, and left an open thread for people to discuss stuff in. If they had said "Yeah, he's gone. Any threads regarding this matter will be closed and the thread posters will be banned for 24 hours.", then that would be bad.

The issue is that the middle management guys seem to be the only ones with accountability around here. If his happened in my store, I'd be the FIRST to remedy the situation, not my employees. The buck didn't stop at the top.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

I forgot all of the whiny children who believe in equality after somebody ****s up bad. Go away.

Crownface

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcupine View Post
You are still here? And don't even talk about acronyms, if you are so butthurt over stuff like that, why are you named ThinkSAMMICH. That isn't how you spell sandwich, stop using internet slang.
Well you're not really a porcupine.

Holy moly I'm good, quote this with a zing.

Glasse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
I actually never even thought about it like that. So many gamer livestream now, I seriously neglected the fact that voice com systems are not tied to Riot in any way. As such, they technically cannot be used as justification for a ban.

Wow. I feel kind of stupid, I really should have realized that on my own.
It's ok, a lot of people don't realize it either and then they make qq threads on the forum about it.

AcheronHades

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000rider2 View Post
STORY NOW ON REDDIT.. LOL!! EVERYONE UPVOTE!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/c...ll_banned_kid/
so not needed. Nobody needs to stalk him or any of the nerd **** imo.

CFA L2 Candidate

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Hello Summoners!

Over the weekend we were informed of an unfortunate incident where a Riot Games employee acted inappropriately during a game he was streaming. Riot employees are held to a high standard and after thorough review of the incident we have determined that the employee’s actions were both inappropriate and outside the confines of Riot Games internal policy. We hold our employees to higher standards of discretion and professionalism, and take matters that impact our community extremely seriously. We have since unbanned the account that was negatively impacted by this regrettable turn of events.

As a result of this unfortunate situation the employee in question is no longer with Riot Games. Additionally, we will be reviewing internal policy and training procedures to take steps to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

Thanks,
Steve "Pendragon" Mescon
Director of Community Relations
Riot Games Inc

Note: Please keep discussion of this to this thread - all other threads will be closed
I don't know what kind of training your Company gives to your employees (or no training at all, just go read the 987 pages of Company manual), but you should compensate the guy who was negatively affected. Just unbanning isn't a good enough job.

And to all you people out there, the firing is justified when you use foul languages to your paying customers. It's a small start up company and and any negative stuff like this can have adverse effect on the Company's marketing and development.

Try saying F-U to a hedge fund client as a fund rep rofl.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Well you're not really a porcupine.

Holy moly I'm good, quote this with a zing.
ok

Skyeclaw

01-17-2011

I suppose I can understand riot's decision about Psyonic, but if there was any truth to his side of the story (in regards to how the other player was acting) then he should not have been unbanned, he should still have to answer for HIS actions, even if Psyonic was wrong in how he chose to act.