Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crownface

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
To use the example that others have used--if you're working in a restaurant and you harass a customer, you're likely to get fired, but in most cases, it's going to be done discreetly, and with some respect to your dignity. The restaurant doesn't put up a big plaque with your name on it saying "don't worry, we fired this guy!"
Actually, the restaurant manager would most likely fire the guy on the spot, and go back to the table, apologize to the customer, comp the meal, and inform them that the individual in question has been put on suspension/fired.

That, of course, depends on the quality and prestige of the restaurant.

Riot is like a restaurant that has received millions of dollars in financing from prestigious investment firms around the world.

Alpengeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Thanks for the update pendragon. Appreciated.

Kvoth3

01-17-2011

Wow fired over this? Seems a bit harsh, but I don't know the industry from an insider's perspective.

Thanks for the public response.

Demp

01-17-2011

People seem to also forget it was HORRIBLE timing on his part. Tribunal system anyone? Yeah, let him go with a warning just as Riot is releasing a system that deals with people like him.

Dirty Foot

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermifax View Post
This is quite possible, but I wouldn't post 'this guy isn't an employee' without even checking if you're the lead community manager, it goes to credibility.
Part of me really thinks that Zil, Tamat, and the wrenchman may have said that as a "hip-shot" remark because they probably couldn't believe that a brand new employee (i.e., one they haven't met yet) would be careless enough to mix so many different poor choices all into one anger-induced argument on a livestream.

I couldn't believe it myself. I mean, we've seen Riot employees troll before, but this situation had a distinctly new "feel" to it. I'm still trying to figure out how Psy had banning power so early in his employment though.

Something tells me that policy is going to be abruptly changed.

sammich kek

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckasaurus View Post
Then why are you posting? Honestly, I think most of the people who don't think he should have been fired fall into this category of not knowing what transpired and being too lazy to go read the thread. It isn't that hard and it saves you the trouble of looking like a fool. Because frankly commenting on a situation you admittedly don't even know about is being very foolish.
At least half of the people commenting on this situation have never endured a hardship or had a real experience with morality. Do they qualify? Hopefully this ruckus that has been created will be over within 24 hours and then we won't need to talk about it anymore.

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvoth3 View Post
Wow fired over this? Seems a bit harsh, but I don't know the industry from an insider's perspective.

Thanks for the public response.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=451882

Please read the thread before going any further.

Venguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

can you fire whoever designed pantheon too?

and whoever makes those videos you guys put out

so all of you

Bunnylover08

01-17-2011

Ok their is a difference between someone who is hired by Riot and any other player or famous player.
If a hired employee of Riot flames another player, thats a big deal.
If a famous player flames another player, its against the rules buts it common.
A Riot employee has an image to uphold. The famous player does not.
Don't compare the two.

Kyoko Sakura

Recruiter

01-17-2011

Yesz!