Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
He was still in the wrong, given his behavior in the game. Psyonic's behavior was inexcusable, but that doesn't suddenly exonerate the other player from being a complete d-bag.

My opinion: I agree that firing Psyonic was the only reasonable response, but at the same time, I think people here are being far too happy about it. I definitely disagree with Pendragon's decision to make a thread about it on the forums. He deserves to be fired--he doesn't deserve to be publicly harassed and humiliated by the community.

To use the example that others have used--if you're working in a restaurant and you harass a customer, you're likely to get fired, but in most cases, it's going to be done discreetly, and with some respect to your dignity. The restaurant doesn't put up a big plaque with your name on it saying "don't worry, we fired this guy!"
I completely agree with you, at this point im trying to look at Pendragon's bigger picture, because after all this is his department and he knows far more about it than me.

Maybe they are taking this as an opportunity to nail a few more trolls.

Either way there will be no "side" that arises victorious from this situation.

Grumnek

01-17-2011

People seem to be missing the point. He is a Riot employee. His behavior is totally not of an adult representing a company but of a 12 year old raging. The things he said are inappropriate. Period. I would not want that person working for me and representing me to a community. I am over 30 years old and in my experience people acting like that representing a company do not stay at that company for long. His behavior is inexcusable and Riot handled it how they thought it was proper. Seems they also did not think that a swearing, abusing, childish person should be in their employ. They need to make money, not create bad impressions.

Morinav

01-17-2011

Good response, Pendragon.

Trame

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda War View Post
This is rediculous, you fire someone for banning some snotty *****?

Silly.

BTW, u hiring bro?
2/10

Would be 1/10 but you intentionally spelled ridiculous with an 'e' and that has to count for something

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
I don't really know the severity of the situation, but I do feel like firing him is a bit harsh...

I feel as though a suspension without pay and a public apology would have been better. From what I've read in this thread, this guy doesn't have a history of bad behavior, so it would be unlikely for it to happen again. If he showed regret and repentance then I would consider giving him another chance.

We all make mistakes. Granted we must pay the price for our mistakes, but we don't have to put someone in the fryer just because he slipped. Not to mention, that kind of behavior is not uncommon among players at pretty much every level.

If you want my opinion, everyone that streams should be held to that same standard. They represent the community, and people look up to them and watch their streams because they admire their skill, so in a way they are also role models. I wonder if this is the start of banning a lot of the higher ELO streamers... considering they seem to rage REALLY hard and are out to put everyone down.
Bad behavior of this scale doesn't just happen overnight, he obviously was a ****ty person in other games. Why is it so god **** hard for people to understand he was an INTERN. You have no idea how replaceable they are, for a company like Riot? You better be ass kissing every day if you want to stay.
Don't even think twice about getting fired if you pull this on EVERY SINGLE INTERNSHIP AROUND.

Venguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGrunt View Post
Thank you pendragon. Firring him was the best thing to do
'firring'

idiot

Corcupine

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venguy View Post
'firring'

idiot
You so silly.

cbr1000rider2

01-17-2011

STORY NOW ON REDDIT.. LOL!! EVERYONE UPVOTE!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/c...ll_banned_kid/

Baromen Ironsack

01-17-2011

Great job, Riot. You're one step closer to form letters and forum invisibility.

There are thousands of children who are going to try and bait anyone they can into a termination now that they know it's possible.

Bunnylover08

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
He was still in the wrong, given his behavior in the game. Psyonic's behavior was inexcusable, but that doesn't suddenly exonerate the other player from being a complete d-bag.

My opinion: I agree that firing Psyonic was the only reasonable response, but at the same time, I think people here are being far too happy about it. I definitely disagree with Pendragon's decision to make a thread about it on the forums. He deserves to be fired--he doesn't deserve to be publicly harassed and humiliated by the community.

To use the example that others have used--if you're working in a restaurant and you harass a customer, you're likely to get fired, but in most cases, it's going to be done discreetly, and with some respect to your dignity. The restaurant doesn't put up a big plaque with your name on it saying "don't worry, we fired this guy!"
He's been made an example of.
Also its not always that a firing is done in private.
Although for the most part I agree with you.