Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BabyDiperGravy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

everyone gets mad this is dumb riot, it was a simple slip in judgement and from what i can tell a first offense

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

I'm so glad Riot did the right thing.

When you're representing a company you want to uphold their values.

Imagine this anywhere else....imagine going to the grocery and the clerk calling you a **** or an ignorant **** then banning you from ever stepping foot in the store when you said something in your defense.

That employee would be fired in an instant.

I know it's terribly sad for someone to lose their job in this economy, but people with tempers like that shouldn't be working with the public...maybe he should be a behind the scenes kind of guy.

Clearest

01-17-2011

If the guy really was an intern then 'firing' over an incident like this seems standard practice really.

You need to make sure you are squeaky clean until it become a permanant position and you have settled into the team.

Though racial slurs on a live stream advertised as a Riot customer service representitive would probably get you fired regardless.

Only has himself to blame.

FuriousLeftNut

01-17-2011

While at first the firing may seem a bit much, keep in mind that we still don't know the full story or all the elements involved.

Maybe it wasn't just the raging, but other things that we're unaware of too.

I do trust Riot with their decision and I'm sure there was good reason for it in the end.

Putzfrau

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheMadHatter View Post
Fact of the matter is the employee did not handle the situation appropiately.
100% true. i never disagreed with that fact. it also doesnt change anything i said.

Numbat

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
whats hilarious is this seems to be the general opinion about the kid he raged on :

so not only does some kid get his real life totally ruined, but a player, who presumable is kind of a d-hole, becomes a hero. awesome. abuse of power or not, i might have preferred that over the outcome. a two day ban from a video game you pay nothing for is hardly groundbreaking.

the saddest thing is what a public spectacle its become. its become a situation of right and wrong and what "side" your on, rather then an unfortunate circumstance where BOTH parties were at fault.

i guess its hard to feel good about justice being served when one persons life is ruined and the kid that actually seems to be a lingering ****weed (xiipp) continues to play and is glorified as a community hero.
Yeah, it sucks, and I've known Psy as a name for awhile since he hangs out at teamliquid. But at the same time getting trolled and raging are things that you simply cannot afford to do as a customer service rep. A customer service rep has to be able to take **** from everybody and give **** to nobody unless they're in a serious position to bring down the ban hammer.

Sirixamo

01-17-2011

Well played sirs, well played.

I think they handled this all very well, honestly.

iRonin

01-17-2011

Well done Riot my faith in your company has been restored. You've acted like any professional company would of done.

The Amish Ninja

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakabiel View Post
Ironically enough, I had mandatory harassment training today at work.
somebody needs to learn what "ironic" means

(it's you)

dyl

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubts View Post
Are you suggesting GMs shouldn't be dismissed for abusing their power? Or that the threat of abusive customer service wouldn't piss off an entire customer base?
yes.